** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Jan 27th - 29th

ligue1ratings.jpg.95158c55f9db2d54a062cf

Ligue 1 continues to be the league that is full of potential for us punters. Last week saw Nice's title charge took a blow when they drew 1-1 with Bastia. @WinningAdvice and @sajtion, that was a game you both had your concerns about and rightly so. @Pep004, you fell for it with the Nice odds being so high. Now we know why! @betcatalog, you once again got it spot on. You are nailing these total goals scored over/ under bets recently.

@FCNA, you saw that Monaco win coming! Guingamp did let you down though. It's a shame your lads couldn't get the win against PSG as well. A defeat for PSG could really have derailed their title hopes.

@vasilli07, great spot with the St Etienne price. A good 2-1 win for them at those odds.

@Magic0024, what stats have you got for us? Probably best to stay away from backing Nantes to win again!

Marseille - Montpellier HSC

Full Event Home -0.50 (AH) @ 1.79 5/10 SBO

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 27 Jan 2017, 20:45

Match between 7th and 13th placed team in French Ligue 1 will be played on Stade Vélodrome in Marseille and it will start at 20:45 on Friday. Marseille lost derby match again Lyon 3-1, which was just a prove that they're still not on the level Rudi Garcia wants them to be. Lyon actually punished their mistakes and that's why win looks so easy (3-1). Doria scored, but he made crucial mistake for 3rd goal of Lyon and they should avoid those kind of situations if they really wants to reach top places. I still believe in OM, I can see big progress of this team and now with Sansone they have another quality midfielder and they're midfield will get stronger. Thauvin was again one of most active players of the team and even if they will succeed to bring Payet back on Velodrome, I think that Thauvin will somehow stay their most dangerous player. Team needs to bounce back after two defeats (Monaco, Lyon). I was analysing match of Montpellier on last week, and I was on side of underdog - Metz, who actually won 2-0. Montpellier lost important midfielder Sansone, who is now in OM, while Boudebouz and also Ninga are still injured. They are still one of the worst away teams in France, loosing 6 matches in row, also against opponents like Metz, Nantes, Lille, Toulouse, who are not on the level of Marseille in my opinion. Marseille will be in possession, they will create more chances for sure and everything will depend on how efficient they will be in front of goal. Montpellier scored only one goal through counter-attack this season, so I am not afraid of that fact. Main threat for Montpellier will be Thauvin on right wing, and Montpellier is among the teams who are covering flanks pretty badly and that's why I expect lots of problems on both flanks actually.

Lyon - Lille

First Half Home -0.50 (AH) @ 2.130 4/10 SBO

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 28 Jan 2017, 17:00

Match between 4th and 14th placed team in French Ligue 1 will be played on Parc Olympique Lyonnais in eastern suburb of Lyon, Décines-Charpieu. Lyon is coming to match after big win against Marseille and I believe that they will extend great atmosphere at the club with win against Lille. Except Diakhaby all players participated on todays training so there is no bigger problems with squad in their team. Depay who played little bit more than 10 minutes against OM could get more minutes this time. In my opinion he will be good reinforcement for OL. Lille is coming to match after 3 draws in row. They were behind as against St. Etienne as against Rennes and equalised in last 20 minutes, while match against Dijon ended without goals. Mavuba is still injured, and they are hardly competitive in midfield. It will be even harder against Lyon. Lyon was already team with some really great individuals and with Depay, their squad is even stronger and wider. As mentioned many times this season, they are capable to create chance through the middle, through wing, with through balls, from direct and indirect set-pieces, and of course also from individual actions. Lille will probably try to play defensively and try to surprise Lyon with counter-attacks, but in my opinion OL possess too much of offensive quality and I expect them to score early in the match and than smartly drive it till the end of the match. Of course it's not all about attack with Lyon, but they are also pretty solid in defence. In my opinion Lopes is one of the best if not the best goalkeeper. After loss against Caen they bounced back well and I think that we'll see convincing win of home team.

Here's some interesting statistical facts about next Ligue 1 games:

50% of Marseille's home league wins have been by 1 goal.
79% of Rennes's points have been earned at home and they have scored 71% of their goals at home.

You can find more interesting statistical facts for next games on http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-27-01-2017/

Angers SCO - Metz

Full Event Away +0.50 (AH) @ 1.877 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 28 Jan 2017, 20:00

Match between 19th and 18th placed team in French Ligue 1 will be played on Stade Jean-Bouin in Angers, and it will start at 20:00. Angers can not wait to have Pepe back in squad, but that won't happen yet. He will be available in midweek, when they have a cup match against Caen. Bamba is coming back to squad, while experiment of the coach - central defender Pavlović in attack will probably stay the same, which is just the prove that Angers has quite big problems. Metz is coming to match after convincing home win against Montpellier, and big point from Nice. Atmosphere in club is getting better and even if they will miss suspended Biševac, while everything else will be more or less the same. The fact which bothers me here is that Angers is in position of favourite. In situation as they are, they cannot be favourites in my eyes. Also momentum is on away side, so I am taking this asian handicap here. Both teams has qualities which can bring them in lead, but all in all home pitch is only advantage of Angers here.A, but as mentioned above, momentum is on away side, so for me this match is much more on 50/50 than odds are showing.

FC Lorient v Dijon FCO

FC Lorient: Moukandjo (15/7 f, top scorer), Touré (16/1 d) (both national selection), Conte (0/0 d), Jeannot (4/0 f), Barthelmé (8/0 d)

Dijon FCO: Chafik (16/0 d, national selection), Rivière (10/1 f), Kwon (m, newcomer), Gastien (15/0 m, left the club)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Lorient - Dijon

Full Event Home over 1.5 (Team O/U) @ 1.884 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 28 Jan 2017, 20:00

Match between 20th and 15th placed teams in Ligue 1 will be played on Stade Yves Allainmat - Le Moustoir in Lorient and it will start at 20:00 on Saturday. Lorient is coming to match after disappointing defeat in Monaco (4-0), but I believe that this result won't affect their atmosphere too much, as they won 4 matches in row at home. Moukandjo and Toure are still away with national teams, but Waris & co. are here and with their attacking approach I believe that we'll see goals from Lorient. Dijon didn't lose in last 4 matches, but that doesn't change the fact that they are poor away team, winning only 4 points in 10 away matches this season. They are still without important defender Chafik (ACN), Riviera and Kwon are injured, while midfielder Gastien left the club. I expect opet match from both sides, as only 3 points are separating them on league table. It's statistical fact on which I am not paying too much attention but I will mention it in this time. Last time that Lorient won points and score less than 2 goals was on 24/9/2016. After this match they won 1 or 3 points only when they scored at least twice. Even if that's statistic, it is prove for their shaky defence and on the other hand Dijon is team who can play really defensively, but they are doing it in this way only against top teams. I believe that against last positioned team in league, they will try to play offensively and to win the match. In my opinion Lorient will win the match, but I decided to take this option which covers also 2-2 draw.

PSG vs Monaco BTS

Final of the Ligue 1. Result may condition the title. Anyway, I'll be cautious of the result, but a can't see a boring match between to great attacks and a Cavani who's coming back. Therefore, goals here !

Bastia vs Caen Home Win

Match of the opposite, Bastia at home, on his floor, on their island where they feel so confident against Caen who are near a ghost away (one point in 10 matches. Saint Maximin is here for Bastia, their main threat for me, on the other hand, Santini (best scorer) and Seube are out.

Angers vs Metz Under

Will teams take risks ? Not at all for me, likely result draw.

Lorient vs Dijon Home Win, Home goal, Over 1.5

Lorient is improving, results are coming and above all goals, and all these at home. Dijon is falling down, slowly but surely. After three convincing victories against Guingamp, Nice and ASSE, no way for Dijon.

Lyon vs Lille Home Win

After a convincing victory against OM, how imagine another result against a poor Lille. Lille's new President is not Jesus, he can't realize miracle, not yet .

TFC vs ASSE Under an draw

Don't think too much about it, if you follow Ligue 1, it's an evidence.

Canaris, bring me back something from Rennes !

In any derby especially between good teams all the effects are off, the PSG has not won my confidence this year, unlike the Monaco makes amazing year and scored a comfort would risk it and go win away
PARIS SAINT GERMAIN vs AS MONACO @@ +0.75 AH AS MONACO, odds 2.08

On 1/28/2017, 12:31:37, Pep004 said:

@malabgd how sure are you about missing players? Are those informations 100%? I am still looking for one reliable site for this part of analysis. :) 

Nothing is 100%, except our information.:)

We use to list all missing players due to injuries and suspensions, but also those who are left out for other reasons.

Of course we make mistakes, but very, very rarely. You're free to check...