** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Midweek Non League 23rd-24th January

Darran

Hungerford v Whitehawk
Needless to say I am opposing Whitehawk in this game on Monday night and I can't believe the price on the home side. Hungerford are unbeaten in 9 games and have only lost 3 games at home all season. They are having a very good first season at this level and still have a chance of sneaking into the play-offs. Just to repeat Whitehawk's recent poor form. They have only picked up one point in their last 7 league games and having seen the goals they conceded in their Trophy defeat to Dulwich last week it is easy to see why they are struggling. Marathon go 20/21 about a home win and I think that is massive, so big in fact I make them a max bet.

Needham Market v Merstham
Again regular readers will know opposing Merstham away from home has been a profitable bet this season as they have yet to win and picked up just 4 points. Indeed they are currently 6 games without a win home or away and they are currently in the relegation zone. Needham on the other hand moved into 2nd place with a great 3-1 win over title favourites Havant & Waterlooville. The home side have also just lost twice at home all season. The fact they played on Saturday and Merstham didn't is a slight concern so it does reduce stakes slightly, but even so Needham should really be shorter than the 4/5 Marathon and Betfred make them. Anyone who wants to do the double it pays 5/2 with Marathon.

confnationalodds.jpg.d370166bb6fce0b375e

confnorthodds.jpg.401509b6122e37cf430ce7

confsouthodds.jpg.a67f263700b6d411800b26

rymanodds.jpg.9b591c46fcc8de101ccc27ceb2

southernodds.jpg.052acc23c350dea689297b2

fatrophyodds.jpg.f103727ee87967659496d9d

Cheers for getting tips for these up, @addpea. Here are the odds. Have included the Ryman Premier and Southern Premier ones as well. Just wondering what everyone else is thinking here.

@GazBlades, @bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @sammummery, and @misky, are you guys eyeing anything up?

Personally, I always keep a close eye on the Welsh teams. Wrexham not involved this midweek but the hometown of my wife, Merthyr Town, are in action. Great to see them heavily fancied and I fully expect them to get a solid win. Fourth in the table and a win could take them to within 3 points of top. Good times down at Penydarren Park.

Hi fellas. Been lurking the foums for a while so decided to join in....

Tues, Nat North: Salford v Nuneaton

Ignore Nuneatons position in the table, we (yes, I'm a Nuneaton Town supporter!) were crap for the first half of the season with an unsettled team and two different managers. Tommy Wright was appointed manager in October and since then we've been on fire. We've been on an 8 match winning streak since the start of December, (including a 2-1  away win at 4th placed Darlington) which was brought to a halt this week by Brackley (NTFC winning 2-0 until 78th minute!!) Since December: scored 28 conceded 18 (only 1 clean sheet during that period). For the season: avg goals conceded per match (away) 1.67, scored 1.58.

Salford are inconsistent; win a few in a row, lose/draw a few in a row. That inconsistency showed on saturday when they were 2-0 up at half time at Halifax only to concede 5 in the second half. They do have an amazing goal scoring record; failing to score in only 2 of their matches so far, averaging 1.92 goals scored per match at home and conceding 1.00. Match preview from SCFC:  http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/teams/72445/match-centre/0-3589232

I'm tempted by Nuneaton to win @ 4.2 but that maybe heart ruling head. Can be sure of goals though so:  over 2.5 @ 1.66, or over 3.5 @ 2.62

Will check for injuries etc tomorrow before deciding...

Also Tues in NLN; Brackley Town v Altrincham and Fylde v Alfreton Town

Expect a backlash from top of the table Fylde (@1.38) after losing 3-2 to Curzon Ashton, against an Alfreton team 4 points off the relegation zone.

Also Brackley (@1.3) look too good for bottom of the table Altrincham who have won once all season, and with only 8 points are already set for relegation.

Double @ 1.75

32 minutes ago, addpea said:

Kings Lynn to Merthyr on a Tuesday night is a horrid journey for a game at Step 3

I was wondering about that game. Step 3, are they part-timers with real-life jobs? It made me wonder if they get full squad availability for midweek trips like that?

Yeah they are part time and sometimes it can be an issue although this game will have been known about for a while so players can obviously work around that. Their bosses will obviously also know that they play football and so will be more accepting of these things I would imagine.

Salford Sunny Nunny Over 2.5 @1.66 

Merthyr Kings Lynn - Merthyr @ 1.5   

Not only is it a long journey midweek for KL, they are also on a losing streak; last sat losing 6-1 to midtable Weymouth whilst Merthyr ended Kettering chances for the play offs with a 2-0 win away. Merthyr are unbeaten at home ( W9 D3) and can go joint 3rd with a win. 

23 hours ago, Tanktop said:

Hi fellas. Been lurking the foums for a while so decided to join in....

Tues, Nat North: Salford v Nuneaton

Ignore Nuneatons position in the table, we (yes, I'm a Nuneaton Town supporter!) were crap for the first half of the season with an unsettled team and two different managers. Tommy Wright was appointed manager in October and since then we've been on fire. We've been on an 8 match winning streak since the start of December, (including a 2-1  away win at 4th placed Darlington) which was brought to a halt this week by Brackley (NTFC winning 2-0 until 78th minute!!) Since December: scored 28 conceded 18 (only 1 clean sheet during that period). For the season: avg goals conceded per match (away) 1.67, scored 1.58.

Salford are inconsistent; win a few in a row, lose/draw a few in a row. That inconsistency showed on saturday when they were 2-0 up at half time at Halifax only to concede 5 in the second half. They do have an amazing goal scoring record; failing to score in only 2 of their matches so far, averaging 1.92 goals scored per match at home and conceding 1.00. Match preview from SCFC:  http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/teams/72445/match-centre/0-3589232

I'm tempted by Nuneaton to win @ 4.2 but that maybe heart ruling head. Can be sure of goals though so:  over 2.5 @ 1.66, or over 3.5 @ 2.62

Will check for injuries etc tomorrow before deciding...

Also Tues in NLN; Brackley Town v Altrincham and Fylde v Alfreton Town

Expect a backlash from top of the table Fylde (@1.38) after losing 3-2 to Curzon Ashton, against an Alfreton team 4 points off the relegation zone.

Also Brackley (@1.3) look too good for bottom of the table Altrincham who have won once all season, and with only 8 points are already set for relegation.

Double @ 1.75

Great to see you involved mate. Some nice tips there. Be interested to see how they do. This is a treasured section on this forum so brilliant to have even more input.

2 hours ago, allthethings said:

I'm going way, way big, bigger than I should, on the over 3.5 in the Fylde-Alfreton match @ 1.8. It's basically the matchup of the two biggest over sides in the league, or any league.

0-0 HT. Fecking typical. I know, it's only at the half, and there's plenty of football still to be played.

About three weeks ago, I started looking at the N/S leagues and the number of goals scored, and decided I would focus on matches only where the home side's overs matched the away side's overs. Like this match, only this match has the highest goals average for both sides, home and away. Before today, this strategy had led to a 4-9 record and a loss of 6.5 units. After I lose today, it'll be 4-10 and a loss of 11 units. I mean, what the hell?