** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Jan 20th & 21st

confnationalodds.jpg.7e9afb18595868d5166

Only the Conference National odds up at the moment due to just a couple of games in midweek in the Conference North and South. @addpea, @bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, and @TastesLikeTuna, give us your punts! Also, keen to hear from Lincoln City fan @GazBlades and @Kenton Schweppes who got involved last week. Always great to add to the non-league posting community.

I will post the regional divisions up when the odds become available in midweek.

Whitehawk v Hemel Hempstead

I don't really need to repeat what I wrote about Whitehawk last week and despite going a goal up they still managed to be well beaten. I have watched the goals and some of the defending was shocking. It was easy to see why they are struggling at the moment and Hemel look a cracking bet. Hemel were on a shocking run of form themselves, but they have turned it around and are now unbeaten in their last 6 league games winning 4 and drawing 2. It is hard to see the home side adding to their one point in their last seven league games and I can't understand why the bookies have them as favourites. Betway's 17/10 about an away win looks very generous.

Ilkeston v Corby

Obviously it isn't a surprise I am taking on Ilkeston, but let this fact sink in for a second, they are favourites to win this match. Yes you read that right Ilkeston who have lost their last 7 games and have only picked up 2 points in their last 13 matches are favourites to win a game of football. Now Corby have only won 4 games all season and have been pretty hopeless for most of it, but finally they are improving and they had gone 4 games unbeaten prior to losing on Wednesday night, 2-1 to Coalville. It was probably the right result, but it still wasn't a bad effort especially in the context of this game. The only possible advantage Ilkeston have is the fact they haven't had a game for two weeks and that does bring confidence down slightly, but even so Corby should probably be a shade of odds on not just over 6/4 with Marathon.

Treble

Needless to say I think it is worth opposing Margate and Gosport again and they travel to East Thurrock and Hampton & Richmond respectively. The other team is Leamington who are top of the Evo-Stik Southern Premier and go to Cinderford. Long time readers will know that Cinderford were a team I opposed a fair bit earlier in the season, but annoyingly they managed to pick up some of their 12 points in a couple of games I opposed them in. Indeed their last win was when I tipped Chippenham to beat them. That was 9 games ago and they have picked up just one point since. The treble pays 1.2/1 with Marathon.

I was tempted by Corby but Stefan Moore is supposed to be out injured according to Gary Mills the manager and although I'm not saying it is not still a good bet but Moore is so important to them and is proven at that level and the level above, the netting of two good goals against Spennymoor at home in a match I gave Corby little to no chance in showed that. I was going to bet on this and Corby are still good odds but the absence of Moore in an away game when Ilkeston have only been losing by one goal in the last three games they have played means no bet for me.

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/local/go-and-put-it-right-urges-corby-boss-mills-1-7780898

38 minutes ago, sammummery said:

I was tempted by Corby but Stefan Moore is supposed to be out injured according to Gary Mills the manager and although I'm not saying it is not still a good bet but Moore is so important to them and is proven at that level and the level above, the netting of two good goals against Spennymoor at home in a match I gave Corby little to no chance in showed that. I was going to bet on this and Corby are still good odds but the absence of Moore in an away game when Ilkeston have only been losing by one goal in the last three games they have played means no bet for me.

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/local/go-and-put-it-right-urges-corby-boss-mills-1-7780898

Yeah I would rather Moore was playing as well, but they are still a stronger side than Ilkeston. Yeah their games have been close, but they have still been losing and they have been offering little really. Obviously all bets carry some risk and maybe Corby wont win, but they should still be no bigger than even money given the strength of the Ilkeston side. 

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

@GazBlades, what are you hoping for in tonight's game? Reckon you can get the win?

It's hard to know what Tuesday night will have took out of us, but another almost full ground will help. Put a gun to my head and I'll say we'll win, but how we cope after Tuesday, plus the fact that Dover seem to have our number and have won the last 3, I wouldn't be risking my money. 

The only bet I'd recommend is Sean Raggett at 33/1 first goalscorer, or 11/1 anytime goalscorer. Both with William Hill. He's got 6 goals from centre half already this season, and we signed him from Dover earlier in the season which they weren't too happy about. I'm sure he'd love a goal tonight... 

1 hour ago, GazBlades said:

It's hard to know what Tuesday night will have took out of us, but another almost full ground will help. Put a gun to my head and I'll say we'll win, but how we cope after Tuesday, plus the fact that Dover seem to have our number and have won the last 3, I wouldn't be risking my money. 

The only bet I'd recommend is Sean Raggett at 33/1 first goalscorer, or 11/1 anytime goalscorer. Both with William Hill. He's got 6 goals from centre half already this season, and we signed him from Dover earlier in the season which they weren't too happy about. I'm sure he'd love a goal tonight... 

@GazBladesNice to see you posting again, hope the darts are still flying in nicely. ;) (It's Paul btw, name change. :lol )