** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Jan 20th - 22nd

ligue1ratings.jpg.c42b784590cb1a79d5502d

I should first state the odds and ratings do include a solitary catch-up game between Nantes and Caen on Wednesday!

@Pep004 and @WinningAdvice, you guys made some good points last weekend. What are you thinking here? Neck and neck between Monaco and Nice but PSG just behind. Lyon dark horses in the shadows perhaps?

@sajtion, you played down your involvement in Ligue 1 last week but maybe you could be persuaded to give us your thoughts again?

@FCNA and @Robinnho, you lads made some great calls last week. What are you looking to bet on this week?

@hairline, you had mixed results but the Bordeaux shout was a decent one. I loved the courage behind the Braithwaite punt as well. It didn't come off but always a big fan of backing players. You looking at a bet this week?

7 hours ago, WinningAdvice said:

@sajtion Nice have not been performing well in their past few games, but do you think Bastia could easily trample them?

strange to see nice with two goalless draws previously. is that maybe a hint they are turning defensively tactically in second half of the season. i am not sure but bastia will have enough motivation going into this match. they are sitting just outside of relegation so i think they will score in my opinion at least one goal but it depends how nice respond. it's not a game i want to get involved but bastia to score and not lose has a decent chance of happening if your brave

Bastia - Nice

Full Event Away -0.50 (AH) @ 2.520 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 20 Jan 2017, 20:45

Match between 17th and 2nd placed team in French Ligue 1 will be played on Stade Armand-Césari in Furiani, Both teams already lost in both cups, so focus is totally on league now. Weather prognostic is fine as it is showing temperatures between 6-11°C with really really small possibility of rain for tomorrow and it's 7°C right now, so pitch should be fine. Bastia is coming to mach after solid first half and disappointing second half in Nancy, where they lost 1-0. That things are even worse, they lost also they key offensive player St. Maximine due to red card, while coach won't risk with attacker Crivelli neather, as he returned after injury recently and he won't play two matches in row. He is not included in squad against Nice. In last home match they lost against Marseille, who was better opponent, but Corsicans were fighting strongly and had 1-1 till 92th minute. After that they were trashed by PSG in cup (7-0), and as already mentioned on last match they lost against Nancy with 1-0. Coach of Bastia will be able to use both new players Oniangue (Wolwes) and Rose (Lorient) but after few training sessions I don't believe that they could be serious reinforcement. Favre's guys were sitting on highest position over the winter break, but in first match after it they lost this position as they played poor draw against Metz at home. Both teams had chances, but as Favre said result was pretty fair. They have enormous number of injured players. One of key players in midfield this season Seri is on ACF, and recently they lost one of the best wb's in league Perreira for 6 weeks. Well, I will focus on players who can play.. and in my opinion Favre can still send strong lineup on the pitch. Instead of Perreira, Soquet will probably start on his position. By the way, Soquet was named as man of the match against Metz. On the other side Favre has first choice Dealbert available, so flanks will be fine. Up front Balotelli is back, who will join Plea who recently extended his contract for 2 years (they rejected 50M offer from China!). In my calculations, there is great value on Nice. Bookmakers are giving them only good 40% to win the match and I would add aprox. 5-10% here. They're game style is much more clear. Without Crivelli and St. Maximine they're options in attack are minimised. Chief commander of Nice's defence is still here - Dante, Cyprien as holding midfielder and great set-piece taker as well, while Balotelli and Plea will need to prove their qualities up-front. Who knows Favre knows that he loves through balls, and Nice is team who scored high number of goals in this way. Bastia on the other will try a lot with shots from distance, but their problem will be defending those through balls as they received a lot goals in this way. Also individual qualities are strongly on away side. I hope that this time Balo will chose great performance instead of red performance. Anyway, in my opinion odds on Nice are simply too high there.

Bastia scored less than one goal per match and receives approximately 1.5 goals per game, which is why it has a total of 12 in the league in 20 under 2,5 and seven in ten under 2,5 home
The Bastia scored less than one goal per match and receives approximately 1.5 goals per game, which is why it has a total of 12 in the league in 20 under 2,5 and seven in ten under 2,5 home
The Nice has the best defensive record in the category and that is one reason, which is in second place. And this total has 12 to 20 under 2,5 and seven to nine under 2,5 away
SC BASTIA vs OGC NICE @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.72

Good call also, specially because Bastia is without all main players in attack. Best scorer Crivelli, best home scorer Bifouma and best offensive player Maximine. But I need to go with this enormous odd over 2,50 with straight win of Favre's guys. :)

@FCNA.. will we beat PSG? :)

SC Bastia v OGC Nice

SC Bastia: Boulaya (0/0 m), Squillaci (10/0 d), El Kaoutari (4/0 d), Coulibaly (16/0 m, national selection), Peybernes (19/0 d), Crivelli (14/6 f, top scorer), Bifouma (14/2 f, 2nd top scorer), Saint-Maximin (19/2 m, 2nd top scorer, suspended), Marange (14/0 d)

OGC Nice: Seri (17/2 m, national selection), Belhanda (16/3 m), Eysseric (14/1 m), Cardinale (19/0 first goalkeeper), Boscagli (1/0 d), Le Marchand (2/0 d), Baysse (10/2 d), Ricardo (16/1 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Here's some interesting statistical facts about next Ligue 1 games:

30% of Bastia's home league games have seen over 2 goals.
83% of PSG's away victories have been by 1 goal, while 50% of those away wins have finished 1-0.

You can find more interesting statistical facts for next games on http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-12/

12 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Good call also, specially because Bastia is without all main players in attack. Best scorer Crivelli, best home scorer Bifouma and best offensive player Maximine. But I need to go with this enormous odd over 2,50 with straight win of Favre's guys. :)

It will be interesting to get @FCNA's view on this game. Maybe he's gone into hiding until after it. I once managed Nantes on Football Manager back in the day and also used them in Career Mode on FIFA so they are very much my adopted French club. I hope they can get the win. It would continue to make Ligue 1's title race very fascinating. Sadly, I can't see it. That said, PSG have lost two of their last three away games to so-called weaker opposition. Nantes are also coming off the back of four wins on the bounce. If ever there was a time for an upset...

I agree.

Otherwise.. yeah, it's time for upset.. but I think that this PSG possess that much of quality that Nantes will need to be on high level for whole 90 minutes. For example against Montpellier we were enjoying in "new Nantes" for 30 minutes, but after that.. guys were exhausted. I didn't watch match in Toulouse, but against Caen it was somehow solid from time to time. Again.. against PSG they will need to be rock solid for whole 90 minutes. I am somehow calm as I know that in attack of PSG is Cavani (in my opinion the most responsible man for them not being on 1st place). He said that he is "ultimate finisher". Haha why? Because he scored 18 goals? He is missing at least 2 10000% chances per match. I think that PSG with Emery could become even better than they were with Ibra (I know that one is a coach and other one is a player, but you know what I mean).. But if they wants to become better, they need one good attacker. For me, Cavani is far from that. 

But it can happen that players as Verratti, Lucas, Matuidi will leave before.. and then.. then they are in deep sh.. :) Specially if Monaco will succeed with keeping Bernardo & co. on St. Louis II.

Edited by Pep004

1 hour ago, vasilli07 said:

I read somewhere saying Angers has 5-6 1st team players out due to the AFCON so maybe St Etienne is worth a try at evens.

Yeah, totally forgot how the AFCON will really impact the mid-to-lower teams in Ligue 1 where they rely on their African players that possess dual nationality.

4 hours ago, vasilli07 said:

I read somewhere saying Angers has 5-6 1st team players out due to the AFCON so maybe St Etienne is worth a try at evens.

Totally right but didn't really seen effects last week-end against Bordeaux. Of course, you guys if you follow me, know what I'm thinking of Bordeaux... So, for the moment it's not a rule

18 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Ah là là... Think about it every day, joking with PSG's fan at job :)

To be honest and just look at the result, each tipster should beat on Nantes double chance (1N). Dynamic, at home and a PSG which not convince me yet.

See you tomorrow for my tips.

Edited by FCNA

Metz - Montpellier HSC

Full Event Home +0.25 (AH) @ 1.833 5/10 PINNACLE

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 21 Jan 2017, 20:00

Match between 19th and 13th placed team of French Ligue 1 will start at 20:00 on Stade Saint-Symphorien in Metz. Metz is sitting on last sit in the league. It's true that they have one match less, but this one is against Lyon, where they won't have easy job to get points. That's why they simply need to collect points from matches like this one will be. After good result in Nice, they will probably stay in same formation, probably with Erdinc as lone striker, and Mollet, Cohade and Nguette behind him. Montpellier is still without they're key player Boudebouz, and now they lost another very important player in midfield - Sanson, who joined Marseille. They didn't win not even once on away matches this season and form is pretty bad recently. They have serious problems at creating chances, which is somehow normal as Boudebouz was "the one" for that. Metz is last, but it's still not too late for them as they're only 5 points behind 13th placed Montpellier. I think that bookmakers are overestimating Montpellier in this case and I think that home pitch could play "high role" here. Without Boudebouz and Sanson, I think that Montpellier will have tough time if they won't bring anything till end of winter transfer window.

Bordeaux - Toulouse FC

Full Event Away +0.50 (AH) @ 1.833 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 21 Jan 2017, 20:00

Match between 10th and 9th placed team of French Ligue 1 will start at 20:00 on Stade Matmut-Atlantique in Bordeaux. Bordeaux didn't impress me on last week in Angers. Angers who played without many important players was at least equal to Bordeaux and with little bit of luck they could beat them. Bordeaux will probably play in pretty similar lineup and I think that they will have pretty tough match against Toulouse. Toulouse lost 4 of last 5 matches. They didn't expect defeat against Nantes at home, while two defeats in cup were lost after overtime. With Trejo finally healed injury, they will be stronger in offence (Braitwaite, Toivonen, Trejo) and I think that they will be at least equal if not better team on the pitch in Bordeaux. Toulouse is often having problems with defending through balls, but Bordeaux is far from dangerous teams in this element of football. Both teams are somehow dependent on they're main players and I think that Toulouse will bounce back after few bad results.

Hi there

First of all match Caen-Nice is postponed due to cold and frozen field. Maybe should wait end of afternoon before betting Metz and Dijon.

Monaco vs Lorient HW, Handicap, Over, Over 1.5 for home team

Jackpot for me here. Monaco smatched OM away last week with an easy win 4-1. No way for a bottom Ligue team to resist the first european attack ! An interesting bet can be goal for Lorient with a score like 3-1, 4-1 something like that.

Guingamp vs Rennes Home Win, Home goal

Rennes is very inconsistant and lost N'tep who was an important creator for them. Just have a look to the stats. Guingap at home 6/2/1. Rennes away 1/2/6, just the opposite. Guingamp at home is on fire able to beat PSG. Home win !

Dijon vs Lille Under

A borry match ? For sure with two poor attack. Take out of my eyes this Eder (Lille), just able to score a goal in the wrong match:@ Taking into consideration cold, the final result may be a draw.

Metz vs MHSC Home win

Metz has to fight to stay in Ligue 1. It pass by their field. On the other side, MHSC doesn't shine away from home, but what is the argument for me, is the back stage in MHSC. President Loulou Nicollin again destroyed his coach on a local radio. Coach Hantz early said that he will leave the club at the end of the season, fans support him and ask President to resign... Atmosphere :\ Therefore with a home win at over 3, just a good opportunity !

Edited by FCNA

St Etienne - Angers SCO

Full Event Home -0.50 (AH) @ 1.909 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 22 Jan 2017, 17:00

Match between 9th and 19th placed team in French Ligue 1 will be played on Stade Geoffroy-Guichard in Saint Etienne and it will start at 17:00. People who follow me for a longer period knows, that St. Etienne is not among my favourite teams in Ligue 1. Mostly because of unatractive football, with big focus on defence and lack of attacking football. Anyway they are sitting on 9th spot with 27 points and positive goal difference (+2). Last two matches in league finished with draw, and I think that things will change this time. They are still missing some important players, but some of them will be back for this match. Angers is team with most missing players because of ACF. Besides Pepe, Ekambi, Ndoye and Diedhiou, also Ketke, Andreu and Letellier are injured, so they're in big troubles with lineup. It's true that Bordeuax had some problems against them, but they were playing at home, while now they will be guests on Geoffroy-Guichard so the crowd won't be on their side. I can see value in those odds on Saint Etienne as they are much experienced Ligue 1 team, they have Hamouma back for this match, so their offensive line will be stronger, and regarding recent position, they have chance to win 2 places and be on 7th spot after this week. Next match will be in Toulouse, and after that they will play against Lyon and Nice where it will be hard to find points. Strong defence and counter-attacks. That's the St. Etienne's way, and this kind of football won't suit Angers. Perfect bet here is actually St. Etienne win to nil with crazy odds. But as I am not in best form recently, I will stay at "lower" odds.