** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CAN 2017

The African Cup of Nations starts on Saturday, odds and a few tit-bits below;

ACON.jpg

Host; Gabon (Central Africa)

Holders; Ivory Coast

Outright

I like Ghana at 9/1, their form figures for the previous 5 renewals read RU-SF-SF-RU-SF. I think Burkina Faso (40/1) and DR Congo (28/1) could outperform their price.

Matchday 1 Notes

BTTS odds against in all 8 opening group games - 23/39 (59%) opening matches since 2008 seen BTTS, implied odds of 8/11.

There have been 16 draws in the same matches (41%) - implied oddsa of 7/5.

Despite BTTS being 23/39, over 2.5 has only occurred 14 times (36%) - implied odds of 7/4.

Putting together all of the above, playing 1-1 correct score may be the way to go in the first round of matches.

Cheers for posting this @jamiedavies02. I'll throw in odds on the Golden Boot as well for good measure if any of you want to take a look. Have also made the odds for the games bigger in your post, Jamie. Personally, think odds on Aubameyang are too short. Yes, he's a quality striker but he needs the creativity behind him. Do Gabon possess that against the top teams in Africa? Konate and Bony are probably my two shouts. Konate and Sow up top for Senegal is frightening.

goldenbootodds.jpg.6db9f34d3a9c635e54f98

Anyone like Congo DR getting a result tomorrow? Morocco lost a few of their star players but still has a good coach. I know Congo DR have some problems with money but all these stuff are usually overrated. I remember Nigeria had similar problem in the Olympics last year and as a result they only arrived in Brazil a few hours before their kickoff to play Japan. Almost all tipsters were on Japan but Nigeria totally boss that game.

On 15/01/2017, 16:19:57, vasilli07 said:

Anyone like Congo DR getting a result tomorrow? Morocco lost a few of their star players but still has a good coach. I know Congo DR have some problems with money but all these stuff are usually overrated. I remember Nigeria had similar problem in the Olympics last year and as a result they only arrived in Brazil a few hours before their kickoff to play Japan. Almost all tipsters were on Japan but Nigeria totally boss that game.

Did you bet on that DR Congo game, mate? I've always had a soft spot for them as a football team. A bit more wary of their politics mind! Hahaha.

Hmm...the last time a host country failed to qualify was the old format where a group only had 3 teams. Even a weak team like Equatorial Guinea managed to qualify from the group stage when it hosted the tournament twice in recent times. Maybe Gabon DNB or win(since they must win) is worth a try. :unsure

canqfodds.jpg.8b4b1a60d024a7a1c63dc33ee1

The Quarter Final stage starting today, @vasilli07. If I had to put a four fold on it I would go for Tunisia, Senegal, Ghana, and Egypt. Seems obvious backing the favourites but I've been impressed by those four in the tournament so far. That said, I would love to see Herve Renard win another trophy this time with Morocco.

caffinal.jpg.8b4af946442bfaff83c1af275c6

Here are the odds for the Cup of African Nations Final and 3rd Place Playoff. Is anybody going to get involved in the player markets for either game? There are some decent odds flying around if you can find them.

Personally, the final reminds me of France vs Portugal at Euro 2016. Egypt are like France where they have been looking good for a while now and come into the game as favourites. However, Cameroon, just like Portugal, might not be playing well but they are scrapping and progressing. I actually think Cameroon could do it.