** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Jan 12th - 16th

champratings.jpg.6fa899842de21ace7bf0129

league1ratings.jpg.ec7ff5eaa7900724d9812

league2ratings.jpg.c90dd9a61b608d3b54049

@mikemanager, fancy transferring your FA Cup nous from last week into the league action this week?

@Tiffy, you are on a great run of form at the moment. Interested to see what you go for this weekend.

@Neubs, you were right about Bolton. It's a shame they couldn't get the win. What are you going for this time around?

@matrixman, you mentioned Stourbridge last week in a huge call and they almost pulled it off. Do you have any underdogs in mind this week?

@allyhibs, you will be pleased to see I've included the Scottish Championship odds for you so we can all get on board the Hibernian money-maker!

@sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Kenton Schweppes, @Magic0024, @dave5perth, and @Simeon Borisof, what are you lads looking to bet on this upcoming weekend?

I quite fancy Leicester. 

Niddi and Musa were impressive in the comeback this weekend when they beat Everton.

if they can beat Man City at home they can beat Chelsea.

i also think that they will be ready to play against Kante.

Chelsea are still hurting following the tuning by Spurs.

6 to 1 is a good value risk.

Portsmouth vs Leyton Orient

Portsmouth are far too short imo at a best price of 1.44 with a handful of bookies.

Pompey's recent home form doesn't warrant them being such strong favourites. You'd think they were running away with the league at those odds. If you look at their last 6 home league games they've won 2, drawn 1 and lost 3. Two of those defeats have been against Stevenage and Notts County, who are hardly pulling up any trees.

Portsmouth have only been priced up lower than this against Crawley earlier this season so I fail to see why they are quite so short here. The other week Chelsea were 1.4 to beat Bournemouth at homeand I certainly would have had more confidence in Chelsea at those prices than I do with Portsmouth.

Orient have been poor this season but they at least look more competitive on the road than they do at home. Their away record of 4-3-4 far exceeds their home record of 3-1-10 so they've got a chance in this one.

The lay of Portsmouth looks to be good value but the greedy side of me likes the 8.5 BoyleSport offer for an away victory.

Leyton Orient to win @ 8.5 with BoyleSport

22 hours ago, sajtion said:

how strange is it that brighton haven't beaten preston in previous six meetings? what is going on here? is it a jinx or just a coincidence. the odds reflect this stats obviously but brighton are much better side here and surely must be backed to win

I've said this before, Brighton is a surprisingly long way to travel for a lot of teams. This is similar for Norwich. So often if they have an away game, particularly if it is in midweek, then it can take its toll on the players. I know Brighton rarely win in Cardiff and Cardiff rarely win in Brighton such is the distance travelled. The same goes for teams such as Newcastle who have a terrible record in London.

i thought at first this week is a bit hard but after closer look i'm loving league 2. this week my long shot coupon is going to be this..

norwich, fulham, brighton, bolton, wycombe, luton, cambridge, carlisle, bradford, crystal palace,arsenal

£10 will get me £13.000 and if this comes in am on holiday next two weeks yay 

Edited by sajtion

Leeds United v Derby County

Leeds United: Liam Cooper (8/0 d, doubtful), Pontus Jansson (19/2 d, suspended), Charlie Taylor (22/0 d)

Derby County: Ikechi Anya (13/1 m), Will Hughes (22/1 m)(both doubtful), Jacob Butterfield (24/0 m, suspended), Cyrus Christie (16/1 d), Craig Forsyth (3/1 d), George Thorne (0/0 m), James Wilson (4/0 f), Nick Blackman (7/1 f), Max Lowe (6/0 d), Marcus Olsson (13/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

On 13/09/2016, 15:36:52, Kenton Schweppes said:

Weekend Jan 12th-16th

PNE V BRIGHTON
Although Brighton face another tough test this weekend, I can't see any reason why they shouldn't come away without a win. The only major change is Connor Goldson coming in for the suspended Lewis Dunk at centre half. Whilst Dunk & Duffy have formed a great partnership & been solid all season, Goldson was exactly the same last season (with Dunk). He can count himself unfortunate this season & will want to prove to the manager that he is good enough to play when needed.

BIRMINGHAM V FOREST
I think Birmingham have been playing well enough under Zola, and have been unlucky not to get better results (against Brighton) and have shown fight and spirit (against Barnsley). Surely they should get their first win against a struggling Forest side, who are in turmoil both on and off the pitch.

BOLTON V SWINDON & WALSALL V SHEFFIELD UTD
Both promotion hopefuls should continue the good work this weekend against average sides.

PLYMOUTH V STEVENAGE.
Although Plymouth are going well in the league, they are prone to the occasional wobble. I am convinced that with the media frenzy surrounding the upcoming replay against Liverpool it will take their focus off the Stevenage game. Plymouth city will be buzzing with cup fever, the fans will talk about nothing else, and the players will be doing their best not to get injured or suspended for such a big occasion (You may disagree citing professionalism, but I have seen it before)
I am happy to oppose Plymouth at odds on here.

WATFORD V MIDDLESBOROUGH
With the passing of Graham "The Turnip" Taylor, there will be a big outpouring of love at Vicarage  Rd this weekend. It's situations like this that can give a team the edge to go and put on a performance to honour the memory of someone dear to them. As a Luton fan , growing up in the 80's, Taylor was the subject of much abuse from the Kenilworth Rd faithful. But like our manager at the time (David Pleat) he went on to achieve better things. I know how much he is loved at Vicarage Rd, and you would hope that the team will be fired up to get a win for him. Their record against Borough is decent, so I'd be tempted, just this once, to back them.

SELECTIONS

TO WIN
BRIGHTON @ 2.05
BIRMINGHAM @ 2.00
BOLTON @ 1.5
SHEFF UTD @ 1.65
WATFORD @ 2.5  (DNB 1.7)

LAY 
PLYMOUTH @ 1.85

Edited by Tiffy

On 1/8/2017, 8:00:32, StevieDay1983 said:

@allyhibs, you will be pleased to see I've included the Scottish Championship odds for you so we can all get on board the Hibernian money-maker!

The odds of 2/5 for the straight away win are a little bit short for me to get involved with Stevie, so the question is - Is there value in 11/10 for Hibs minus 1 or Hibs win to nil?

Dumbarton is not a ground that lends itself to good football. Small, tight, artificial surface with a small stand only down one side, the other 3 sides are just fences, google it to see what i mean. The horrible weather in Scotland at the moment is another factor to consider, we've also struggled there in the past.

However. After a little sticky patch, the signs are that we're starting to click into gear. Goal machine Jason Cummings (always worth a punt to score first) came back last week after an absence and scored twice, the influential John McGinn is back after a long absence (we've seriously missed him, one of the best players in Scotland)) and new signing Humphrey gives us the width and pace we've all been waiting 3 seasons to see. I honestly think we'll win this with room to spare. Hibs minus 1 @ 11/10. 

In the same league, Morton look a good bet to beat Raith.

Hibs have played them both recently and they couldn't have been more different. I was impressed with Morton, granted, Hibs weren't great but Morton would rightly be annoyed at not winning that night, they deserved more than they got. On the other hand, Raith were shocking, if Hibs had won 8-0 it wouldn't have flattered us. Morton have a very strong home record. Morton @ Evens. 

Elsewhere;

One glance at the form table in League 2 shows you all you need to know. Colchester @ 5/4. Wycombe @ 10/11.

Others for the accumulators include; Arsenal, Sheff Utd, Scunthorpe, Man City, Juventus, Ajax.

My selections for this weekend are:

- BOLTON to beat Swindon. But they will have to play better than they did against us. Long ball after long ball. 

- SHEFF UTD to win away at Walsall, who have not won at home since October. 

- NORWICH to win away at a poor Rotherham side and re-ignite their playoff push. 

Todays double : Norwich+Scunthorpe  @ 14/5   

Canaries playing well lately,convincing 3 0 against in form Rams at home and New Years Eve draw away at solid Brentford (won shot count 4 0).Last chance for Alex Neill team to catch the train going to "premier$hip" station.Rotherham will be playing in league one next season,they are fighting and giving 100% lately,but it wont be enough today,there is a class of difference betwen those 2.

Scunny went off the boil lately but they do have enormous potential in the attack,where else to show it other than against out of form Northampton which is dropping like a stone.Only worry is they have appointed Justin Edinburgh yesterday as head coach,so might be a new brush effect but still i will risk it.If Scunthorpe have today one of those early season away days ,they should cover - 1 handicap.

Both of my teams without big injuries  etc.

Edited by MuineBheag

I notice my team, Huddersfield Town, are 13/5 at Sheffield Wednesday. Why? We are bang in form and aside from Newcastle and Brighton we have the best away record in The Championship. It's a tough fixture for us is this one but I'm not sure we should be 13/5. If we are to win, it'll be either 2-1 or 1-0, we've won all our games by this scoreline, believe it or not, so if you fancy taking us, back it up with one of them scorecasts.

Into League Two, Exeter City have the best away record in the division and travel upto Grimsby today and are priced at 7/4. Exeter have collected 25 points away from home, that's more than Plymouth. So at 7/4, got to worth taking today against Grimsby, who's home record is less than impressive.

Mansfield are 5/4 away to the utterly rancid Notts County who haven't won a league game since October!! Notts are in such bad form it's untrue, they are destined for the conference if this carries on. Mansfield are in reasonable form, not sparkling but I'll be surprised if they can't overcome this woeful Notts side. Say what you want about Steve Evans but he is a decent manager and has his teams well organised and hard to beat.

Plymouth are surprisingly being offered at 21/20 at home to Stevenage, why? Ok, Plymouth not been in great form of late, maybe that cup tie at Anfield was on there minds? Who knows? But surely they've got to be well capable of overcoming Stevenage

Finally, a word on Barnet, who have flown up the league and put some impressive form together recently under their new interim manager Rossi Eames. They take on Doncaster today at home and are priced at 12/5, ummm, are they worth a punt today?

Exeter City 7/4, Mansfield Town 5/4, Plymouth Argyle 21/20 pays 11/1

Huddersfield Town 13/5 and Barnet 12/5 also pays 11/1 on this speculative double.

I just cant realize such a big odd on Wycombe, am I missing something? The only thing that can give us this odd is their H2H, as Wycombe won only once in 10 meeting... Wycombe is living their dream currently, excelent form, and Yeovil worst traveler in league...I cant figure why bookies give us odd 1.90, but I will take it for sure...

P.S. I found some info that Yeovil wont have real attacker today as they have problem with injuries...

Wycombe 1.95 - Wycombe 11 points ahead of Yeovil and in excellent form, also have a good home record, Yeovil in poor form with a poor away record

Colchester 2.20 - Think these are good odds on Colchester, 22 points ahead of Newport and in excellent form, average away record. Newport County lost there last 8 league games, crap home record.

Scunthorpe 2.30 - 22 points ahead of Northampton, very good goal difference, form taken a dip recently however against good teams, good away record. Northampton in poor form, below average home record, think scunny are good odds.

Burton 2.45 - Burton 6 points ahead of Wigan, both teams in poor form but burton have a decent home record.

Have a treble on Bolton, Wycombe and Carlisle - 4.88, also a 5 fold with Scunny and Colchester added, 23.63.

Peterborough 2.05 - 16 points ahead of bury with two games in hand and a very good goal difference for there position in the table, in pretty good form, pretty good on the road. Bury are in disgusting form, there last 16 league games 0W,2D,14L. Peterborough should probably be around 1.80.

I´m today only on Crawley, Wycombe and Burton.

Crawley have good Home Record and thats in my opinion made today the difference between the opponent Hartlepool.

Wycombe was enough to say. Superb Form, Yeovil not good travlers and with some injuries today.

Burton against Wigan. Wigan in poor Form, like Burton, but including with many injuries i see here value on the Burton Side. Also Wigan in a MUST WIN game for me, because Burton are opponenten in Relegation Fight, thats for me little advantage here for Burton, that they don´t must play against same weak opponent who are parking a bus.

On 12/01/2017, 17:19:40, sajtion said:

i thought at first this week is a bit hard but after closer look i'm loving league 2. this week my long shot coupon is going to be this..

norwich, fulham, brighton, bolton, wycombe, luton, cambridge, carlisle, bradford, crystal palace,arsenal

£10 will get me £13.000 and if this comes in am on holiday next two weeks yay 

lol well that didn't come off. what a ridiculous bunch of results, cambridge failed to score penalty and failed to score at all after scoring 20 something goals in last 7 league games. bolton losing to worst away side in the league, carlisle after banging in goals for fun all season couldn't fill the net against worst team in league, norwich being outdone by red card and worst team in championship, brighton failing to score and losing first match since 13 september, bradford again going back to drawing against weaker teams. this round was a major dissapointement

22 hours ago, skyblues88 said:

My selections for this weekend are:

- BOLTON to beat Swindon. But they will have to play better than they did against us. Long ball after long ball. 

- SHEFF UTD to win away at Walsall, who have not won at home since October. 

- NORWICH to win away at a poor Rotherham side and re-ignite their playoff push. 

I give up lol 

On 1/13/2017, 3:17:47, allyhibs said:

The odds of 2/5 for the straight away win are a little bit short for me to get involved with Stevie, so the question is - Is there value in 11/10 for Hibs minus 1 or Hibs win to nil?

Dumbarton is not a ground that lends itself to good football. Small, tight, artificial surface with a small stand only down one side, the other 3 sides are just fences, google it to see what i mean. The horrible weather in Scotland at the moment is another factor to consider, we've also struggled there in the past.

However. After a little sticky patch, the signs are that we're starting to click into gear. Goal machine Jason Cummings (always worth a punt to score first) came back last week after an absence and scored twice, the influential John McGinn is back after a long absence (we've seriously missed him, one of the best players in Scotland)) and new signing Humphrey gives us the width and pace we've all been waiting 3 seasons to see. I honestly think we'll win this with room to spare. Hibs minus 1 @ 11/10. 

In the same league, Morton look a good bet to beat Raith.

Hibs have played them both recently and they couldn't have been more different. I was impressed with Morton, granted, Hibs weren't great but Morton would rightly be annoyed at not winning that night, they deserved more than they got. On the other hand, Raith were shocking, if Hibs had won 8-0 it wouldn't have flattered us. Morton have a very strong home record. Morton @ Evens. 

Elsewhere;

One glance at the form table in League 2 shows you all you need to know. Colchester @ 5/4. Wycombe @ 10/11.

Others for the accumulators include; Arsenal, Sheff Utd, Scunthorpe, Man City, Juventus, Ajax.

Aarrrrggghhh, close!! Betting can be painful sometimes. 

Morton just about save the day though :\ 

10 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Aarrrrggghhh, close!! Betting can be painful sometimes. 

Morton just about save the day though :\ 

I was on Hibs without the handicap, cheers for the tip pal.

EDIt: Not being sarcastic - pal is like saying mate to the Scots. Allyhibs knows his stuff.

Edited by andrewcalo