** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Jan 7th - 9th

Eibar - Atletico Madrid

Full Event Away -0.75 (AH) @ 1.943 5/10 PINNACLE

Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 07 Jan 2017, 16:15

Match between 8th and 6th team of La Liga will be played on Estadio Municipal de Ipurúa in Eibar at 16:15. Eibar is again showing that even if they are another team from Basque region, they are capable to be in top10 of Primera. With Mendilibar who's in charge of the team since July 2015, they looks pretty solid team and even if they are without "big names", results are fine. It's true that the gap between 16th and 8th team is only 7 points, but I believe that they will be able to stay somewhere in the middle of the league table (9-13). Kike (injured in last cup match) and Ramis will be out for long time, so it may happen that they will bring someone in January, but for now there is no new faces in club. Atletico Madrid qualified in next phase of Champions League as 1st placed team, beating strong Bayern München, but in La Liga we could say that they were struggling, or at least not reaching their goals. After loosing on El Madrigal with Villarreal (3-0), many things changed. In start of the season they tried to play more attacking football, with more offensive minded players on the pitch, trying to create more chances, having more possession, but after being most known team because of they're defensive approach in last 2 years it is too hard to change the style, even if you have players like Griezmann and Carrasco are. After mentioned defeat, they started turning back to "old Simeone's style" and that's why I see value in odds close to even here. Oblak, Carrasco, Partey, Tiago and Fernandez are out. The fact which convinced me to go with Atleti here is, that they're going back to "old shape Atleti". Even if I am not fan of this style, it brought success to them, and Eibar will have big problems with creating chances. Eibar is used to attack over wings, where Juanfran and Luis are doing really good job for Atletico for a years, and it doesn't concern me too much. Atletico is one of teams, capable to create chances from all elements of football. They can break throw over wings, throw the middle, from direct and indirect set-pieces and they simply needs to improve, because 3rd placed Sevilla is 5 points in front of them, also Villarreal and Real Sociedad looks in pretty good form, but with help of Barcelona (at least draw) and Sevilla (at least draw), they could jump over "yellow submarine" and team from San Sebastian, so match is really important for them and with quality and experiences they possess, they should take all three points from Eibar.

Real Betis - Leganes

Full Event Home -0.50 (AH) @ 2.160 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 08 Jan 2017, 16:15

Match between 14th and 16th team will be played on Estadio Benito Villamarín in Sevilla at 16:15. Betis is coming to match after two defeats in row, but last one was in Copa del Rey, where in my opinion is pretty smart not to compete for them. They should be focused on Primera, to avoid relegation and become stable first league team. They will be without Joaquin and probably also Gutierrez, but all others are fully prepared for match. With Victor Sanchez they looks tactically pretty strong. He started playing with Italian 3-5-2 (5-3-2), but some matches they played also in 4-1-2-1-2 so it's not totally clear how they will face Leganes. Leganes is coming to match after loosing against Valencia in Copa del Rey, but meanwhile Valencia already lost in CDR, at home against Celta Vigo with 1-4. In Primera they played three draws in row, they impressed me against Villarreal, but difference between today and the match on El Madrigal will be, that they will want to take all three points this time and played with different mentality. They are still without many important players (Szymanovski, Rico and Ibanez, almost key figures of this team) while also first goalkeeper Herrerin is suspended for this match. I think that opened odds at 2,00 were correct. 2,17 is too much and I really like it. I am giving home team around 50% to win the match so there is value. Even without Joaquin, they have Castro and Sanabria, also midfielder Petros is in really good form, while they have pretty solid goalkeeper in Adan as well. They played very good against Bilbao (beating them 1-0) and it is always tough to play against them on Benito Villamarin, with their amazing fans. I watched some matches of Leganes this season and they always made so many fouls in dangerous areas. For example against Villarreal, but they didn't took advantage of it. Betis has great set-piece taker in Castro and I wouldn't be surprised if match would be decided by goal from set-piece.

Yesterday I skipped the bet on Deportivo La Coruna AH +0,5, which would be won. I wanted to take it just because of odds! In my opinioin Espanyol was little bit overestimated. Even if they were better side in the match, maybe deserved to win it, but it's clear that odds were too short on their side. The same situation is for todays match between Las Palmas and Sporting Gijon. I wanted to take a bet on home side first, but odds should be between 1,80-1,90 that I would take it. In situation like it is, with Las Palmas around 1,50, I see value on Sporting Gijon AH +1 - odds around 2,00. But I won't take it, as match could go crazy. It's clear that Las Palmas will be in possession and with individuals as they have they can score 2-3 goals easily. But situation around Araujo is still unclear, and Gijon will fight for points for sure.

In games of Celta nobody bored as indicated 3.5 goals per game, which is just less than those of Real and Barcelona. Has seven consecutive over 2,5 to seat 9 in its last 10 and 12 to 16 in total.

Malaga changing page after the resignation of Chouante Ramos and undertake technical leadership from formerly assistant and coach of the second team, Marcelo Romero, aggressive however had no problem before the interruption, having scored in 9 of its last 10 games.
RC CELTA DE VIGO vs CF MALAGA @@ Over,odds 1.88

Villarreal - Barcelona
Full Event Away -1.00 (AH) @ 1.892 4/10 PINNACLE
Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 08 Jan 2017, 20:45

Match between 5th and 3rd placed team in La Liga will be played today at 20:45 on El Madrigal in Villarreal. Villarreal started season well, but then had some ups and downs as all teams this season and they need to win against Barcelona if they wants to stay in top4. Cecdric Bakambu in on African Cup, while Soldado and Cheryshev are injured for longer period. All they're key players are somehow available (except Bakambu). They took Copa del Rey serious, named strong squad but lost on Anoeta with 3-1. 4 days later they will face Barcelona. Barcelona disappointed with result in Copa del Rey as well, as they lost against Bilbao, but they showed passion, they should receive at least one penalty, and they created some nice chances. Besides, there is still match against Bilbao at home, and result 2-1 is not that bad result. I think that there are only two questions about the first eleven - with place of third midfielder and one central back position - Umtiti or Mascherano. I am not big fan of Enrique, who could do much more with this team in my opinion. Villarreal is team who wants the ball, which likes to play over flanks and also trying with through balls. Against Barcelona, it will be really hard to be in possession, which means that they will have less chances as they are used to. It's pretty sure that they will have some, but I see too much difficulties for them tonight. Fact is that Barcelona is now 6 points behind rival from Madrid, and there is no space for errors anymore. The other thing is that Real Madrid is playing easily recently, winning tough and easy matches, while Barcelona is facing different problems from time to time. I think that there is no defence who can stop them if they will be on level. After everything what happened in Bilbao, I think that they will be much more motivated and wanted to prove their quality.

The five games Osasuna from the six recent matches headquarters was more than three goals, Valencia away from home has two wins, one draw and five defeats in these games has big score seven to eight was goal goal six were combined with goal goal and over 2,5
The two teams basically excluded from the continuity of the cup, so they can throw their weight league burned degrees will be battle, the last match make high score and score and concede the goal
CA OSASUNA vs CF VALENCIA @@ Both team to score, odds 1.86

I need to say that what happened in Villarreal is even bigger shame for Spanish football, than what happened in Bilbao. Bruno saved goal with hands like a goalkeeper and no penalty, no red card, nothing. Seriously? Even if I (as supporter of Barcelona) mean that they should change coach as soon as possible, because it's more and more clear that Enrique is lost, tactically one of the worst coaches, without authority and without any ideas! Bigger problem is that president "Bartman" is leading this club from having everything to have nothing, and changes are really needed, but even if they play bad, there should be penalty and red card (again!) and (again!) nothing happened. It's a shame! 

And unfortunately as Diego Simeone said: "Dangerously complicated for any team other than Real Madrid because it can't happen that Real Madrid wins only one league after seven years. So, I see [the Liga title race] dangerously prepared for Real Madrid, sadly."