** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2017

Going for quite a few actually.

Back T.Berdych/R.Harrison - Over 3.5 sets at 1.91 with Paddy Power

Harrison tends to do well against the bigger hitters and he took Berdych to the decider in Toronto last year, so I suppose that he should be able to steal at least a set here as well. Don't like Berdych much nowadays either.

Back D.Evans/M.Cilic - Over 3.5 sets at 1.83 with Paddy Power

Evans is on a very good run right now, while Cilic has a loss against Kovalik and a tough win over Janowicz. That's not good form in my eyes - and I think that there's a good chance that he'll drop a set tomorrow as well.

Back Jeremy Chardy (+2.5 sets) to beat Kei Nishikori at 1.97 with Unibet

Taking this with Unibet due to their rules on retirement, as I wouldn't be shocked to see either player struggle with the heat. In any case, Nishikori was thoroughly average against Kuznetsov, lots of errors and even getting straight up outplayed at times, which shouldn't be happening to him in the ideal case. Chardy will be well-rested and his big hitting will come in handy when putting Nishikori under pressure, so I fancy him to get at least a set.

6 hours ago, xxx1984xxx said:

Can someone tell me why the odd of Putinsteva before the match fell from 1.6 to 1.1?

I noticed that as well. Some books even pulled the match I think. I thought it was because one of the players had pulled out but obviously not.

Barthel VS Puig

Apart from Serena and perhaps Kerba, most other female tennis form is like fashion that comes and goes. I remember the huge waves that Barthel first made on the WTA tour when she first arrived, blowing away everything in her path on a consistent basis. Then all of a sudden the form disappeared and she subsequently lost her invincibility and has never been the same since......well, until the beginning of this year. Puig herself has reigned and is currently in decline. People still judge her on her olympic form and still believe that she is still cocooned in it. Lie! I believe that the olympic phase was brief and that Puig is currently as vulnerable as can be. Even based on the possession of raw talent, I still think Barthel is the most complete player based on ball-striking ability. I see Barthel going up in confidence here and taking out Puig who might never find out what hit her in the end. 8/10

Jeremy Chardy vs Kei Nishikori

Over 31.5 games 8/11 paddy power

I do fancy Nishikori to win but he had a tough match in the first round because of the heat so against a tough opponent he might just lose set like did in his last match

Angelique Kerber vs Carina Witthoeft

Over 18.5 games 8/11 paddy power

Well i think she may struggle again as she is not back to the form of last year so i expect a tough first set. But she should come through the match and make the next round

Edited by owenclass

Is Andrew Whittington able to hold his serve against Ivo and is he worth a shot at that odds.Karlovic was serving like he is in his best days and set 2 new records last day but can he really up his game once a again after such a short period?On the other hand i think edmund has every chance to beat Carreno Busta-yes he has been defeated but that was on clay and i think that Kyle could be trusted nowadays.

Kyle is certainly the favourite, but he's had problems with hot conditions before and PCB will probably force a long match, so it's hard to trust the Brit imo. As for Karlovic - I will be surprised if he doesn't win, Whittington hasn't beaten anyone as strong so far in his career. Looking at last year - against Gasquet 1-6 0-6, against Fritz 0-6 2-6, against Escobedo 1-6 7-6 1-6. If Fritz and Escobedo got so many breaks, Karlovic will get at least a few unless he's terribly tired.

Back I.Karlovic/A.Whittington - No Tie-break at 6.00 with Bet365

Knowing my current luck, this will finish 7-6 7-6 7-6, but I think that the odds are a bit off, I'd have it at 4.00 probably, especially after checking Whittington's record last year. If he was able to lose 0-6 2-6 against Fritz, it's possible that he'll just get crushed by Karlovic, who will punish him for any loose service games if he's on. At the same time, if Karlovic is tired, then it's Whittington who could win this without any tie-breaks. There was just one TB between Karlovic and Zeballos if you ignore the decider, so, all in all, I think that this is worth a shot at 6.00. If you want less risk, then Bet365 are also offering 1.83 for there not being a TB in the first set, which also looks reasonable to me.

Kerber to win AO 2017 @5,00 bet365

What can I say, women tennis is piece of ***** nowdays and Kerber is on top of them all, if we exclude Serena which obviously has a lot going on in next month so I highly doubt she is there 100%. :) I also like her fighghting every match, set, game, point and she is injury free... Pure value for me, especially since she didnt start this season that great so there are not to many bets on her. :)

From Thursday i fancy these two betts.

Bautista-Agut R. - Nishioka Y.  Bautista -2.5 (Set Handicap)  1.70

I'm not a fan of these big lines and we all saw what happened with Kyrgios this morning but i like this one. RBA is true competitor,he's in excellent form and he's not going to underestimate his opponent. He only dropped one set in season so far and have demolished Pella in R1 63 61 61.
Nishioka is maybe a talented guy - i'll give you that,but i fell that he's unproved yet in Grand Slams. Last season - for example - he's lost all three GS matches he played without taking a single set from Cuevas (AO), Stakhovsky (W) and Anderson (USO).
RBA in straigt sets for me.

Cibulkova D. - Hsieh Su-Wei   Cibulkova -5.5 (Game Handicap)  1.75

Pretty big line,but i guess that Dominika will cover it more often than not. She finished last season in big style by winning the WTA Masters Cup. It seems like that some private issues she had didn't affect her game and she won her R1 match against Alertova 75 62. I don't know how much is she capable against stronger opponents,but will probably have too much power for Hsieh.
Hsieh is more like a veteran player these days and her glory days are over. She's 91.in rankings and holds her top 100 status mainly playing smaller events. I took a look on her last season performances and noticed that she easily lost every match she played against better ranked players. Her  game is too defensive and i can't see how Su will cope with Dominika's aggressive game.