** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Jan 7th

confnational.jpg.01cf501db8351e49966dfe5

Please find the Conference National fixtures attached for this coming weekend. The Conference North and South odds are not available yet so will look to get them posted when they are up.

@addpea, @bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles@dawwe92, and @TastesLikeTuna, what are you guys thinking here?

Fa vase saturday

My local side bromsgrove head to Watford way to play sun sports who ply their trade a level higher in the spartan league, they are currently mid table losing more games than they have won.bromsgrove meanwhile are unbeaten in their league this season and despite being a level lower are a quality side with some very good players and I expect us to win this game with a couple of hundred fans travelling to the game as well, our average crowd is over 500 which is phenomenal for the level we play at. Bet victor have us at 4-5 which is worth backing imo.

Also fancy Peterborough sports 4-7 at newport pagnell and hinckley at 11-10 home to Berkhampstead. Treble with bromsgrove at 4-5 pays about 5-1

This weekend’s preview is slightly different from normal because the main bet is going to be a treble. I have from time to time put bets like that up but regular readers will know most of my tips are singles as I firmly believe that is the best way to make a profit. This weekend though looks a pretty tough set of fixtures, but there are 3 clubs who are worth opposing.

Treble

The first team in the treble are Dover who host York. York did finally win an away game at North Ferriby on Boxing Day although (and slightly frustratingly for me given I had tipped up North Ferriby on Boxing Day) York then lost to them in the reverse fixture on Sunday. I have written plenty on here about Gary Mills’ task at York and if you are losing at home to North Ferriby it is hard to see how they are going to get out of the relegation zone unless Mills can get new players in. Dover beat Maidstone with ease on BT Sport on Sunday and although the defending wasn’t great for Maidstone’s goal, they have such a strong front line that should cause York all sorts of problems. Dover aren’t keeping clean sheets at the moment, but you can’t really trust York to be capable of finding the target so Dover should have more than enough.

Into the National League South and you may remember that Gosport were one of the teams I was opposing in every match in the final weeks of the season. They were low on players and had all sorts of issues of the pitch. Those issues have reared there head yet again and they were only able to name one sub in their 7-0 defeat at Poole on Monday. They are under a transfer embargo again and at this stage it is hard to see how they will be able to name any more than 12 again. Hungerford are having a good first season at this level and it should be 3 points here.

The final pick will come as no surprise as it is Stafford to beat Ilkeston. It seems at home Ilkeston are trying hard even though they keep losing, but away from home is a different story and although Stafford probably won’t put 7 past them as Mickleover did they have won their last two and should have more than enough for the very youthful Ilkeston side. I am also going to cover the -1 handicaps in the Gosport and Ilkeston games which are just odds against at the moment and I wouldn’t put you off going even higher in the Gosport game. The treble pays 2.15/1 with Marathon.

Darlington v Nuneaton

The one single bet is in the National League North and sees Darlington play their second game at their new home back in the town. Their first game against Halifax on Boxing Day was their only win in their last 7 games and given Nuneaton’s form at the moment they are a sporting play at 41/10 (Marathon). New manager Tommy Wright seems to have turned Nuneaton’s season around and they have won their last 4 matches. Beating Alfreton and Stalybridge in the first two wasn’t particular eye-catching, but doing the double over in form Tamworth over the festive period certainly was. Tamworth had been unbeaten in 8 league matches prior to Boxing Day and if they continue in that form at Darlington then they are way over priced to get three points.

22 hours ago, addpea said:

Since posting gosport have issued a statement saying the embargo has been lifted and they have signed 4 players. Need to check what they have done as the names mean little to me. 

Tough one to judge. Signing new players will be a boost but players can take time to settle so it is a bit of a game of roulette. It will be interesting to see how this affects this form going forward though.

I have looked them up and it seems 3 were all playing in lower divisions and one all I could find was that he had been at Swindon at some stage. To me it seems a case of getting anyone they could in to fill a space. It seems the players aren't getting paid so quite how up for it they will be is another matter.

14 hours ago, bromsgrovegreen said:

I like your stafford minus 1 shout add pea,  they're on a decent run of form beating Hednesford and Nantwich in their last two and  could run riot if  they get an early goal or two,  no new additions at Ilkeston so its still a game of men against boys basically

Yes, I have to agree that Stafford look a good shout. However, the -1 handicaps on in-form teams are often the bets that can catch me out. If I backed this you can confidently expect Stafford to grind out a tight 1-0 win at the very best! Haha.