** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Jan 5th - 9th

8 hours ago, matrixman said:

I cant believe anyone has mentioned Stourbridge!  A 7th tier team still alive in this round is insane! Would not surprise me in the slightest to see them winning this match! Its not like they don't have experience in the cup going far for them the last few years..Even them on the handicap to bring a draw back home is a strong play!!

Yeah doesn't happen all that often although Blyth Spartans did it a couple of years ago when they gave Birmingham a big scare.

8 hours ago, allyhibs said:

I can't speak for anyone else but for me it's because of the uncertainty around knowing which clubs are taking the competition seriously or not. You don't want to pile in with a big bet only to find out when the teams are announced that they're resting some of their key players. It happens.

Yes, I agree mate. As I said before, it's nice of Warnock to openly admit before our game with Fulham that he is playing a weakened side. I think it should be an obligation but I'm not sure it's workable.

On 05/01/2017, 18:26:38, Tiffy said:

Brighton V MKD

Although we will see a much changed side at the Amex's on Saturday, I still believe that Brighton can get a win. The U23 have been playing well this season, and there is a lot of strength in depth now at Brighton. Most of the fringe players will be wanting to prove to Chris Hughton that they are good enough to play in the first team. This is their chance to do that.

We had a similar situation a few seasons back. A New Years Day fixture against Southampton, who were at the top (& got promoted that season) & playing well. Brighton had injuries and suspensions and had 4/5 fringe players playing. I said to my son that this was their chance to prove to Gus Poyet that they were good enough, and they would have to put in a performance.

we won comfortably, 3-0, a result no one expected! (Well, except me!)

i'd go for

Brighton to win

Brighton -1AH

Brighton/Brighton HT/FT

i also fancy Bolton to get something out of Crystal Palace. Perhaps backing on the handicap. Big Sam will make wholesale changes, and won't care about the cup.there is always a team on the slide, who loses/draws to lower league opposition.

Bolton +2?

4/4!

4 hours ago, mikemanager said:

Should I lay this,

i have a double chance acca resting on Fulham not to lose today,

£4 stake, returns £104

cash out offer now £68

do I back Cardiff at 2/1 x £24 return £72

leaves me £80 if original comes in ?

thoughts please 

Apologies, I only saw this after the game. What did you go for? I would have backed you to bet against us. Warnock has no care for the FA Cup this season. Played ressies and didn't give two hoots on the side as expected. I was playing football next to the stadium when the goals went in and we didn't hear anything from the stadium. It was dead.