** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps Comp - Saturday Dec 31st

Newbury 1:15 Willoughby Hedge @ 8/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Willoughby Hedge....from Alan King yard the name reminds me of a great footballer that played for Glasgow Rangers Alex Willoughby any the horse is a 9yo that's been a winner of two hurdle races and a chase from 3m to 3m 1f on good to soft ground. He's been in racing for four years but only had the 11 runs to date as after winning two races in 2013 he was not seen again to 2015 and fell in that race , this year he's had two runs at start of year a 2nd and a win here in handicap chase over 3m winning by 3 lengths off 120 mark , Was put away after that win for summer break before reappearing 22 days ago at Bangor 3m soft when PU at 3 out , He received a 8lb rise for that win at start of year and up in class 3 , he's still in class 3 put has 2lb off to 126 mark and Wayne Hutchinson is back in saddle after Tom Bellamy was in saddle last two races ,

Newb 1.50 - Peak to Peak - win at 16/1 bog bet365

Grade 1 novice hurdle

Just going for Nicholl's runner on the basis that he must have a yard full of decent novices yet he's only running this one entry. The horse won a minor race at Fontwell after which connections said they would take their time with him and slowly move him up in grade. But chucking him straight into grade one company suggest he's been showing a lot at home

2.30 Punchestown - Follow The Sign e/w @ 50/1 Paddy Power

Not my favourite Punchestown card but I'll have one bet in the handicap hurdle. Follow The Sign has been chasing recently but things haven't gone too plan and he runs here off 119 back over hurdles. That's 1lb below his last winning mark and his trainer usually does well in these types of races boasting a very healthy 14% strike rate. There doesn't seem to be a lot of pace on in this contest and this one usually races prominently which is another plus as well as the first time cheek pieces. A lot needs to fall in his favour but he's definitely not a 50/1 shot in my book.