** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Festive Fixtures > Dec 31st - Jan 2nd

StevieDay1983

confnationalodds.jpg.4dd06fbd6216d001880

confnorthodds.jpg.8e8c3660682a9821932b6a

confsouthodds.jpg.271e3e23983b863773b24f

The next batch of fixtures are up. What are we thinking for these games? Not a bad set of bets last time around @addpea. What do you think about these ones? @bromsgrovegreen, are you looking to place any bets on these matches? @TastesLikeTuna, great to see you involved in the discussion last round. Do you have any bets in the pipeline?

Fixtures are all over the place with the Ryman Prem fitting in two sets of fixtures and the other leagues one albeit on different days.

Maidstone v Dover

There are two live games on BT Sport over New Year and I think both are worth having a bet in. It starts with the Kent Derby on New Years Day and Dover look just the right side of value at even money. All the National League teams who played each other on Boxing Day have the reverse fixture on Sunday so we have some very recent form to go on. Now these two teams drew and it was a fair reflection of the game, but Dover are much better than Maidstone and I expect them to make their quality count in front of the cameras. Their away form is solid and they are unbeaten in their last 4 on the travels including a 1-1 draw at Forest Green. Maidstone’s home form has been poor all season and although annoyingly they have won two of the times I have taken them on within their last 6 home games, it has been a profitable strategy taking them on at home. In their last home game they lost to North Ferriby which really is poor especially as they conceded two to them and they had only scored 3 on their travels before that! Dover are bang in the play-off picture whereas Maidstone are dropping like a stone towards the relegation zone and we should be seeing an away win here.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Braintree

Having backed Braintree for relegation their recent upturn in form has not been good to see from that point of view, however I am happy to back them to do the double over Dagenham after beating them 3-2 on Monday. Braintree have only lost one of their last seven league matches (1-0 to Tranmere) and will fancy their chances of beating a Dagenham side who haven’t really played well for a few weeks now. The win at Dover was good, but bar that they have only managed to beat York and Maidstone in their last 8 league games. They do deserve some credit for getting a draw against Solihull after being 3 down, but they look a long way from the side who topped the table earlier in the season. Only York have a worse last six home game record and Braintree’s away form is actually better than their home form. This game is live on BT Sport on Monday night and at 41/10 Braintree are way overpriced on current form.

Gloucester City v Brackley

Gloucester are on a terrible run of form at the moment having lost their last 6 league games. However they have had a very tough run of fixtures given that includes 4 of the current top 6 in the National League North and Stockport who are 8th. Gloucester’s good form came when the fixture list was good and the fact they are playing the better teams, plus a few injuries has meant they are much closer to their true position in the league. I am sure they will be winning again soon, but Brackley beat them fairly comfortably 3-0 on Monday and I think it will be more of the same on Sunday. Brackley have won 6 of their last 7 games and look genuine play-off contenders. They look a fair price at 6/5 (Marathon) to do the double over Gloucester.

Merstham v Burgess Hill

Regular readers will know I have been keen to take on Merstham away from home because they have a dreadful away record. At home though it is a completely different story as they have lost just twice and won six, whereas they have yet to win on their travels. Burgess Hill have only managed one away win themselves and thus at 23/20 the home side look well worth a bet on for this game on New Years Eve.

Ilkeston v Matlock

No need to repeat myself here regarding Ilkeston and I can’t believe the bookmakers haven’t caught on yet as Matlock are too big at 4/5. Mickleover ended up putting 7 past Ilkeston and although that probably won’t happen here Matlock are a better team than Mickleover, indeed given their games in hand they have to be considered title contenders at the moment. In their last two games they have beaten Whitby and Buxton who are 2nd and 3rd respectively in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier at the moment. To me Matlock are essentially a max bet at 4/5, but I am going to put 4 points on the win and a point on the -1 at 2/1 because it will be disappointing if Matlock don’t win this with ease. This game takes place on Monday.

Chelmsford beat bishop stortford 4-0 on Boxing Day and only the goalkeeper of stortford kept the score line down apparently, this was stortfords second 4-0 defeat on the trot. Stortford keep signing players(3 more this week) but don't seem to have any continuity and look a team worth taking on.chelmsford have had investment this season and should win this one. Prices of 1-2 make no appeal so I've taken a riskier Chelmsford minus 1 at 8-5

4 hours ago, bromsgrovegreen said:

Gosports money issues continue with 4 players making themselves unavailable for Boxing days 2-0 defeat at home to Poole town,they couldn't fill the bench. Today's the reverse fixture and you've got to fancy Poole to win but at a best 2-5 it's too short,therefore I've taken Poole minus 1 at 11-10

Good shout and one I had been keeping half an eye on although I haven't backed against them yet myself. But it is the same clubs in Margate, Gosport and Ilkeston who were so profitable in opposing at the back end of last season.

absolutely top information from a very knowledgeable non league punter. Did the 5-0 5-1 6-0 6-1 7-0 and 7-1 and landed a very profitable 80/1 shot. Lucky to be honest as only do these every now and again and when it was still nil nil never even checked the second half goings on so a pleasant surprise when getting in this evening. To be honest I would not know any of the players but what made me go for it was when I went on the Poole FC twitter account and saw the teamsheets and Gosport had only named one sub. Anyway thanks again.

2 minutes ago, Carl Iles said:

absolutely top information from a very knowledgeable non league punter. Did the 5-0 5-1 6-0 6-1 7-0 and 7-1 and landed a very profitable 80/1 shot. Lucky to be honest as only do these every now and again and when it was still nil nil never even checked the second half goings on so a pleasant surprise when getting in this evening. To be honest I would not know any of the players but what made me go for it was when I went on the Poole FC twitter account and saw the teamsheets and Gosport had only named one sub. Anyway thanks again.

I have been doing the same sort of thing on Ilkeston matches and didn't do it when Mickleover beat them 7-0 on Boxing Day!