** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Festive Fixtures > Dec 30th - Jan 4th

Tottenham impressed me against Man City.. If they can show the same, then Chelsea will need lots of luck to take something from White Hart Lane. I really like what is Poch making in this team. But Chelsea as Chelsea on the other side... if Spurs will try with high pressure, then they will need to score because otherwise they will be goal behind like nothing. :)

Looking forward to see a good match in PL! :)

Edited by Pep004

29 minutes ago, Pep004 said:

Tottenham impressed me against Man City.. If they can show the same, then Chelsea will need lots of luck to take something from White Hart Lane. I really like what is Poch making in this team. But Chelsea as Chelsea on the other side... if Spurs will try with high pressure, then they will need to score because otherwise they will be goal behind like nothing. :)

Looking forward to see a good match in PL! :)

Yeah, I just feel Tottenham are 1-2 players away from really putting in a proper title charge. I think we can all agree last season was an exception to the rule. I think Tottenham do need to start targeting the next level up in terms of player transfers but I don't think Daniel Levy is willing to fund that. I'm thinking the likes of Griezmann, Rodriguez, and Hummels etc. Those are the sorts of players they need to progress to the next level if you ask me. Until then, a fourth placed finish is the best they can hope for right now.

5 hours ago, Pep004 said:

I was really disappointed yesterday, but I am little bit calmer now. :D And not because of missing bet, but bad game (I'm one of those who are not betting). :) I think that if match would be tonight, I would make the same call. 

Besides.. Payet is closer and closer to Marseille.

Glad you are calmer today, imagine how I felt yesterday - Palace were absolute garbage! But I do not believe we were +ev @ 1.80, we really lack confidence at the momment, many injuries to key players (Dann, Souare, McArthur, Remy and now Benteke!), cagey and negative mindset being imprinted on the team by Allardyce which seems to compound issue with confidence + Swansea having new coach installed with players re-motivated and eager to impress. I know it's all great saying this stuff with the benefit of hindsight so I apologise for that but Palace are real shoddy at the momment. We are fully into the relegation battle now, I don't believe the team is 'too good to go down' as we have seen death by a thousand bee stings before at this level.

2014/2015 & 2015/2016 English premier league seasons were an absolute goldmine for 1X2 & AH bettors but this season is completely different so far with big teams doing well, everyone else being much of a muchness and markets pricing everything perfectly. This is just the cyclical nature of things, unfortunately for you, you've decided to start betting on EPL during a low valuation error campaign (at least that's what I call it). Like I've said before, I would just keep going with it and not get discouraged. Maybe there will be better opportunities in 2nd half of season after transfer window has worked its magic. Even if this season ends up being a write off betting wise at least you will have gained a lot of knowledge and ready to go again next season better prepared.

Yes this new coach thing was irritating me, but bigger problem was that I took odds around 1,80, cause honestly there was no value.. But I was to confident about the prediction after analysing both teams.

For example I would give Tottenham somewhere between 35-40% for win today.. If I am taking 37,5% it means that odds like 2,84 (Pinnacle) should represent value for me, but I am far from being confident about this league. It's also true that I didn't see enough matches, because build up of 60-70% of teams simply irritates me. They have soo much quality, so many quality players which other teams in Europe can not afford (Bournemouth for example, well.. Crystal Palace as well somehow).. But then those great for example wingers are coming to PL and starts playing something totally different. When I see diagonal crosses from 40m I have feeling that I am still watching one match in 1994. I simply like to see football, and I believe that it's impossible to always be in good shape, play good, but some teams here.. I have feeling that they are proud that they are playing ugly.

p.s. my stats in PL are http://www.slikomat.com/?uid=6069576 .. and I won't finish in minus!:D 

Edited by Pep004

Chelsea are just on a ridiculous run. Everyone is hoping that Spurs win, so that the gap closes.

But really, don't let this affect your bets.  Man United and Chelsea have won 4 of their last 5 away 1st half games.

United are actually better with 4 wins and a draw. Chelsea lost 1 first half 1-0 to Man CIty. Man U also have not conceded an away, league 1st half goal in 5 1st halves. I would like Spurs to win, but realistically I just don't see it.

They will match Chelsea with a back 3, but Chelsea are so much better at it. Chelsea gave up last season, but they are motivated and rested now. They know that a win here could really deflate the chasing pack.

Again, both teams can win this game but I fancy Chelsea HT and FT. They are just on such a run that the 4.33 for the away HT/FT looks a good bet to me.

Edited by neilovan

You mean that Chelsea will play with back 3 or also Tottenham?

I think that City has showed exactly how vulnerable Chelsea could be, and as said before, if they will be as hyperactive and as motivated as against the Citizens, then they have really good chances to win the match. It's true that I saw only they're beat performance so far this season, but anyway. In my opinion (also Conte admitted).. Blues were the luckiest in this match against City. But they are team who knows how to play in this style and that's why I can not wait to see the match. :)

I remember the last game at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea won 2-1 and both teams had like 2 1/2 real scoring chances combined. It was really frustrating to watch because both teams were playing extremely cautious and could hardly produce anything. I don't expect the game today to be much different since it's such a crucial game. If Chelsea win this they are practically champions. 

I will never agree with this sentence. You can not be a champion after 20 rounds. Even in Spain for example, where Real Madrid and Barcelona are level above everyone. 18 matches are still in front of them, and even if they are not playing in CL and that they can be focused only on league, that's football and even if they win and they will be 11 points in front of 4th placed Arsenal, they will have Liverpool on Anfield on 31st January, Arsenal on Stamford Bridge just 5 days later, not even Hull won't be too easy match and could be complicated as they need to play every match as final. On 5th of April they will play against Man United and 10 days later against Man City. It's true that gap of 8 points is huge, and all of those teams will face tough matches, but that's only 3 matches.. They look incredible right now, but in football.. things can quickly change.

p.s. I really like the lineup of Tottenham even if I miss Son in it. And I expect problems for Chelsea in place between Luiz and Azpi. Even if as mentioned before, it could be really really cautious match with under.

Edited by Pep004