** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Dec 15th - 19th

champratings.jpg.9762b2ec13f7efb6fab8a2b

league1ratings.jpg.a886f1ba3772fae44126d

league2ratings.jpg.281a6ab47c15b79b8d9d0

splratings.jpg.d21eb40f7115e0368fcfc1371

A bumper weekend of UK football action with Championship, League One, League Two, SPL, NIPL, and WPL odds all listed! No rest for the wicked either. The first fixture is tonight! @skyblues88, your boys are up! Can you break this dismal run of five straight league defeats?

@Kenton Schweppes, you called the Brighton inflated odds spot on. I was worried due to Blackburn's recent home form but it looks like you were bang on the money. Your lads also picked up another crucial 3 points to remain in the hunt for the automatic promotion spots. What is catching your eye this weekend?

@Tiffy, you did well to back Brighton but were just off with the win to nil. What are you thinking this round?

@clubgowi, are you going to post a tip that isn't Premier League related in here this week? Hahaha.

What about @allyhibs and @gogetta? Any thoughts this week gents?

I'm going to take a chance this weekend on West Brom +0.75 at home against Man Utd, the Baggies are on a decent run at the minute with only 1 defeat in their last 6 in the league, they've only lost by more than 1 goal on one occasion (a 4-0 home reverse against Man City). I'm expecting another solid display in which they give very little away, they're not as vulnerable defensively as Bournemouth, Palace & Swansea - the only away matches in which Utd have scored more than 1 goal, I'll be very disappointed if I come away with worse than a half stakes loss here (defeat by 1 goal margin).

Hamilton Acad. v Rangers FC

Hamilton Acad.: Michael Devlin (11/0 d), Danny Seaborne (8/0 d)(both doubtful), Remi Matthews (8/0 g), Jesus Garcia Tena (0/0 d), Craig Watson (0/0 d), Gramoz Kurtaj (9/0 m)

Rangers FC: Josh Windass (8/0 m), Jordan Rossiter (4/0 m), Niko Kranjčar (9/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Edited by malabgd

Crawley Town vs Newport County

Crawley Town made one of the more interesting managerial appointments of the year, handing the reins to ex-Chelsea academy manager Dermot Drummy. The Crawley post is Drummy’s first in senior management but having won the under-21 Premier League title with his Chelsea youngsters, it’s clear that the 55 year old brings plenty of experience and expertise to the position.

Read more here.

Northampton Town vs Rochdale

Northampton and Rochdale go in to Saturday’s clash on the back on contrasting results. The home side were unceremoniously dumped out of the FA Cup by Northern Premier League side Stourbridge on Tuesday, deservedly going down 1-0 to the non-league team without managing a single shot on target.  Rochdale, meanwhile, enjoyed a fantastic league win against table-toppers Scunthorpe on Saturday; their 3-2 success appearing closer than it was in reality, thanks to two late consolation goals for Scunthorpe.

Read more here.

21 hours ago, jamiedavies02 said:

I'm going to take a chance this weekend on West Brom +0.75 at home against Man Utd, the Baggies are on a decent run at the minute with only 1 defeat in their last 6 in the league, they've only lost by more than 1 goal on one occasion (a 4-0 home reverse against Man City). I'm expecting another solid display in which they give very little away, they're not as vulnerable defensively as Bournemouth, Palace & Swansea - the only away matches in which Utd have scored more than 1 goal, I'll be very disappointed if I come away with worse than a half stakes loss here (defeat by 1 goal margin).

Wrong thread, Jamie! That's for the Premier League thread! Haha.

Really pleased with our win against Wolves during the week but worried that we still lack the quality in depth. Whittingham and Gunnarsson are dragging us through this spell until January when Warnock can finally bring in his own players. We should beat Barnsley who have just 2 wins in their last 7 games but they are notorious for smashing and grabbing away wins.

here is my accumulator for £15.000. i don't have time to write reasons so i'm going for these. knowing my luck i know these will be 100% correct lol

newcastle win
leeds win
bolton win
bradford win
scunthorpe win
blackpool win
wycombe win
plymouth win
cambridge win
carlisle win

I'm still buzzing from my teams win last night down at Norwich, puts us firmly back in the promotion race, good price we were too.

Anyway onto today, give the Championship a swerve today can't really see any obvious winners so it's onto League One, which looks to be full of winners today. Firstly, Rochdale 17/10 away Northampton who seem to be really struggling of late. Rochdale accounted for League One leaders Scunthorpe last time out and are looking solid. Secondly Scunthorpe 7/5 are at home to the in and out Millwall, surprised they are so highly priced here, Millwall seem to be very in and out and Scunthopre are strong at home, home win here. Lastly, onto League Two, Plymouth at 9/5, ok I know they have been out of form of late but they did beat the leaders Donny Rovers last week and Accrington really are in poor form of late, so we'll gamble on the 9/5.

Rochdale 17/10, Scunthorpe 7/5 and Plymouth 9/5

A few weeks ago, everyone would be all over the 9/5 for Plymouth to beat Accrington.

Plymouth looked like they were on a different level for this league but then went on a run of 3 defeats in a row, i've no idea what the reasons for this slump were, any Argyle fans on here with their thoughts?

Last time out they beat promotion chasing Doncaster, so the question is, are they back to form?

At 9/5, I'm willing to bet they are, it is called gambling after all :drums 

4 minutes ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

I'm still buzzing from my teams win last night down at Norwich, puts us firmly back in the promotion race, good price we were too.

Anyway onto today, give the Championship a swerve today can't really see any obvious winners so it's onto League One, which looks to be full of winners today. Firstly, Rochdale 17/10 away Northampton who seem to be really struggling of late. Rochdale accounted for League One leaders Scunthorpe last time out and are looking solid. Secondly Scunthorpe 7/5 are at home to the in and out Millwall, surprised they are so highly priced here, Millwall seem to be very in and out and Scunthopre are strong at home, home win here. Lastly, onto League Two, Plymouth at 9/5, ok I know they have been out of form of late but they did beat the leaders Donny Rovers last week and Accrington really are in poor form of late, so we'll gamble on the 9/5.

I like the look of this treble, will follow :ok

18 hours ago, sajtion said:

here is my accumulator for £15.000. i don't have time to write reasons so i'm going for these. knowing my luck i know these will be 100% correct lol

newcastle win
leeds win
bolton win
bradford win
scunthorpe win
blackpool win
wycombe win
plymouth win
cambridge win
carlisle win

Good luck with this,

Mine is;

Chelsea, Newcastle, Leeds, Brighton, Oxford, Bolton, Wycombe, Plymouth, Hibernian, Livingston, Nice, Boca Juniors.

A tenner pays 16 grand :loon

13 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

A few weeks ago, everyone would be all over the 9/5 for Plymouth to beat Accrington.

Plymouth looked like they were on a different level for this league but then went on a run of 3 defeats in a row, i've no idea what the reasons for this slump were, any Argyle fans on here with their thoughts?

Last time out they beat promotion chasing Doncaster, so the question is, are they back to form?

At 9/5, I'm willing to bet they are, it is called gambling after all :drums 

Yeah I think it's worth the gamble at that price too, Accrington are not great shakes and the win over Doncaster must give Plymouth back a bit of belief. Got to be taken at that price.

English League Two

Barnet vs Stevenage

Hosts come into this game on the back of an eight-game unbeaten league run. While the team is good moving forward and is scoring, they are vulnerable at home where they concede goals. This game also comes at a time when the club is in the midst of a stir. Manager Martin Allen suddenly left (for Eastleigh in the National League) at the beginning of this month, which caught players and supporters by surprise. The team was placed under the care-taker management of Rossi Eames and Harry Newman. Four players have left Barnet to join Eastleigh in the last one month: James Russell, defender Bondz N'Gala, defender Gavin Hoyte  and midfielder Sam Togwell - with the latter two released on Thursday, two days to this match! Fans were alarmed at the apparent exodus of players following the departure of Martin Allen; prompting the club to issue a statement yesterday, calling for calm. Top scorer John Akinde, who is in top form after scoring 15 goals in 18 games, also indicated that he could leave in the January transfer window.

The visitors are coming from a disappointing 0-2 home loss to Blackpool, conceding two goals in the last fifteen minutes of the game. They were missing four first-team players: Goalkeeper James Jones, left-back Kgosi Nthle and the attacking pair of Tyle Walker and Ben Kennedy - and they will likely miss this game as well but Stevenage is one of the teams in League Two to have a fairly large squad. They are in excellent away form, winning all the last three away games. No surprise that Stevenage is topping the away table for the last five away games.

This is a local derby with two in-form teams. But the hosts are in the midst of transition/instability; while facing a Stevenage side that has greatly improved its defending and game management away from home. Away win

Crawley Town vs Newport County

Following a 5-0 embarrassment away to Yeovil at the start of this month, Manager Dermott Drummy set about to improve his team's defending. The results have been good so far: a creditable 1-0 away loss to League One Coventry City in the EFL Trophy, followed by a 2-0 away win against Crewe. The team has thus improved defensively; in terms of structure, shape and mentality. And for this match, central defender Joe Mcnerney returns to the squad after injury.

Newport County, under Graham Westley, similarly suffered a 4-1 rout away to Blackpool at the start of the month. In the next game,  the team held out 0-0 away to Plymouth in the FA Cup (and will host the replay next Wednesday). They then had a relapse in the next game, losing 2-0 at home to Stevenage, in which defender  Darren Jones conceded an own goal in the 9th minute. In the latest game, last Saturday, they started well at home to Morecambe and took a 1-0 lead - but were left frustrated as the match was abandoned at halftime due to waterlogged pitch. Manager Westley will again put premium on defence away from home, as the team desperately seeks to leave the bottom spot on the table.

Thus we have two teams led by experienced managers, both seeking a revival in form and placing emphasis on defence. Under 2.5 goals

6 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Great tipping 

8 minutes ago, thecitygentuk said:

Great tipping 

Thank you kind sir.

Thought Rochdale might blow it for me after going behind but came back to claim the 3-2 win. I know Rochdale's away record isn'the too hot but that was too big of a price to ignore given Northampton's poor form.

I had a 5 fold acca too but Bolton's surprising defeat let down on that one, it also included your tip of Southend. Hope you are counting some nice winnings tonight on the back of that.

Edited by Kenton Schweppes

it's just typical bullshit mate. i swear i've had over 25 coupons the past two months where one result let me down. i have a whole betting log full of them. i'll never forget november and december 2016 for the rest of my life. this whole time has been the unluckiest time. i keep telling myself how is it possible i get some many correct predictions except one. it's so frustrating and it takes me few days to get over it. if bookies paid me out all those coupons they would be well over £100 000 

3 hours ago, sajtion said:

it's just typical bullshit mate. i swear i've had over 25 coupons the past two months where one result let me down. i have a whole betting log full of them. i'll never forget november and december 2016 for the rest of my life. this whole time has been the unluckiest time. i keep telling myself how is it possible i get some many correct predictions except one. it's so frustrating and it takes me few days to get over it. if bookies paid me out all those coupons they would be well over £100 000 

Yeah its really annoying, ive also been very unlucky this season, ive had about 10 accumulators where one team has let me down for returns of around £1000 for each one, but today was another on level, pretty life changing amounts of money for me. Just got to keep a cool head and the same strategy and it should pay off.

QPR vs Aston Villa

Fans at Loftus Road on Wednesday night witnessed a QPR side that was very unfortunate to lose to the high-flying Derby. Steve McClaren’s Debry had won their previous 6 games heading into the clash so the slim defeat was no disgrace for QPR.  They took charge of the game and had more sights at goal – on another day they easily could have won the tie.

Read more here.

22 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

I've liked this post, wish there was a love button :)

Made a very nice profit yesterday :ok :beer :cow :cheers

On 17.12.2016, 11:33:56, Kenton Schweppes said:

Great great great job !

10 hours ago, johnabpd said:

QPR vs Aston Villa

Fans at Loftus Road on Wednesday night witnessed a QPR side that was very unfortunate to lose to the high-flying Derby. Steve McClaren’s Debry had won their previous 6 games heading into the clash so the slim defeat was no disgrace for QPR.  They took charge of the game and had more sights at goal – on another day they easily could have won the tie.

Read more here.

It was a good game and few chances ends with a Villa victory!