** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Comp - Tuesday December 13th

WINCANTON : 3:10 : Jack Snipe @ 9/1 Betfair sport e/w thanks

Jack Snipe......from Jeremy Scott yard the 7yo never ran a NHF race as he went straight into Setsquare Recruitment "National Hunt" Novices' Hurdle at Taunton a class 4 over 2m good to soft in November last year , a unusual way to start his career off no NHF or PTP with the owner who is breeder too, He's ran 1 chase and 9 hurdle races and been placed in three hurdle races from ten starts ,

His last two races saw him find a 2nd in both races here in October over 2m5.5f when only beat a nose was 3 lengths back going over last and just ran out of distance this was the 3rd time with hood on and a improvement after 7th and 5th place , His other 2nd place was 24 days ago at Hundingdon 3m 1f good to soft but a rise of 5lbs saw him off 88 mark and the extra distance seemed to make no difference in his running only had a bit on bumping with winner in run in to lose by a 1/2 length ,

Jockey Matt Griffiths was in saddle those two races and yard are changing jockey to Robert Hawker who gets a 7lb allowance as racing mark is up again 92 mark hopefully Robert been on board back at yard with horse as it sees him run off 85 mark 3lbs below his last mark off 88 plus the cheek pieces are going on for first time and a drop back in distance to the last time he ran here in October

1.10 Winc - Steel Express - ew at 80/1 bog wm hill

Novice hurdle

With a well odds on favourite I'm looking for one at bigger odds that might outrun his price and be in the shake up

My selection finished 6th at Chepstow behind Charlemar who went on to win again at Aintree. It looks like that was a decent race and my horse was just beaten 8 lengths. That was his hurdling debut and he was a bit keen and made a couple of slow jumps..........hopefully he'll improve a bit for the experience

Big field today - I think my horse could settle in the pack if they go a decent clip and he appears to have enough stamina to be running on at the finish

Southwell 3.00  QUADRIGA 20/1 BetVictor E/W please

My first thoughts here were for Llewellyn or Alpha Tauri. Both are back to ideal conditions and couldn't really be separated on their run a week ago. Then I noticed  QUADRIGA sitting there quietly, unnoticed at 20/1. Chances are that's a fair price based on the fact that he has a new trainer and was soundly beaten last time out.

BUT back at the scene of his last win and with the services of Mr. Costello, I feel he could sneak a place. 20/1 IMO is too big to ignore. :hope