** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League > Feb 16th

uelodds.jpg.77d9f87822e04a4bfab013d66bed

The Europa League last 32 draw has been made. A lot to think about here. Not sure much betting can be done until we get a bit closer to the date with these ties. Some very intriguing ones such as Borussia Monchengladbach versus Fiorentina, Celta Vigo versus Shakhtar Donetsk, and Villarreal versus Roma. What are you guys thinking?

• 1 month later...

Here some information about the Belgian teams:

Genk: under their new coach, Stuivenberg, who was the assistent from Van Gaal in Manchester, they are doing quite well. Although they lost Bailey (to Leverkussen) they still have some attacking power even without Karelis who is injured. Under their previous coach, Maes, they played good in Europe, but the results in Belgium were bad. One week they played excellent, the other week bad. I don't know much about Astra, but the Belgian league is class above the Romanian that's for sure. I see them qualify with quite an ease, although they have some important matches ahead of them to qualify for PO 1.

RSC Anderlecht: first of all, I am an Anderlecht supporter. They have very good results the last 2 months, although their play isn't fantastic. Personally, I think the Belgian press is too hard for them and their coach. I like their team more than I did last year. This match is quite difficult to predict as Zenit is without competition for a couple of months now. I read in Belgian newspapers that they played 11 friendly games and that they are already in Brussels for quite a while. I think it will be a hard battle for qualification as Zenit lost Witsel and Hulk don't play for them anymore. Maybe I go for a little bet on Anderlecht, but other opinions are welcome.

Gent: if they are in form, for me it's the best playing team in Belgium. But they are struggling a lot and are 8th in the Belgian Championship. They strengtened their squad a lot during winter transfer window and have with Kalinic the best keeper in Belgium.  Tottenham is for sure the favorite in this one, but Gent can make it very hard for them as Tottenham maybe isn't focussed on Europe League. Last year, Anderlecht won at home against Tottenham and lost with small margin in England. With wich team will Tottenham play? Also English teams are overrated when playing in Europe in my opininion (sorry guys).

Would love to hear some more info about their opponents ;) Best of luck!

1 hour ago, ElPrincipito007 said:

Here some information about the Belgian teams:

Genk: under their new coach, Stuivenberg, who was the assistent from Van Gaal in Manchester, they are doing quite well. Although they lost Bailey (to Leverkussen) they still have some attacking power even without Karelis who is injured. Under their previous coach, Maes, they played good in Europe, but the results in Belgium were bad. One week they played excellent, the other week bad. I don't know much about Astra, but the Belgian league is class above the Romanian that's for sure. I see them qualify with quite an ease, although they have some important matches ahead of them to qualify for PO 1.

RSC Anderlecht: first of all, I am an Anderlecht supporter. They have very good results the last 2 months, although their play isn't fantastic. Personally, I think the Belgian press is too hard for them and their coach. I like their team more than I did last year. This match is quite difficult to predict as Zenit is without competition for a couple of months now. I read in Belgian newspapers that they played 11 friendly games and that they are already in Brussels for quite a while. I think it will be a hard battle for qualification as Zenit lost Witsel and Hulk don't play for them anymore. Maybe I go for a little bet on Anderlecht, but other opinions are welcome.

Gent: if they are in form, for me it's the best playing team in Belgium. But they are struggling a lot and are 8th in the Belgian Championship. They strengtened their squad a lot during winter transfer window and have with Kalinic the best keeper in Belgium.  Tottenham is for sure the favorite in this one, but Gent can make it very hard for them as Tottenham maybe isn't focussed on Europe League. Last year, Anderlecht won at home against Tottenham and lost with small margin in England. With wich team will Tottenham play? Also English teams are overrated when playing in Europe in my opininion (sorry guys).

Would love to hear some more info about their opponents ;) Best of luck!

Thanks for that @ElPrincipito007. Some handy information there to help us all. :ok

KAA Gent v Tottenham

KAA Gent: Kubo (3/2 f), Matton (11/0 m), Rabiu (3/0 m), Bjedov (2/0 f), Tekie (0/0 m)

Tottenham: Rose (18/2 d), Vertonghen (20/0 d), Lamela (9/1 m)

Legia Warszawa v AFC Ajax

Legia Warszawa: Łukasz Broź (11/0 d), Thibault Moulin (18/0 m)(both doubtful), Artur Jędrzejczyk (1/0 d), Jakub Rzezniczak (16/0 d)

AFC Ajax: Matthijs De Ligt (3/0 m), Pelle Clement (1/0 f)

Mönchengladbach v Fiorentina

Mönchengladbach: Thorgan Hazard (17/5 f, probably in), Nico Elvedi (15/0 d), Jonas Hofmann (7/0 m), Raffael De Araujo (13/5 f, 2nd top scorer)(all doubtful), Mamadou Doucoure (0/0 d), Ibrahima Traore (7/0 m), Marvin Schulz (0/0 m)

Fiorentina: Federico Chiesa (15/2 m, suspended), Bartlomiej Dragowski (0/0 g)

AZ Alkmaar v Lyon

AZ Alkmaar: Gino Coutinho (0/0 g), Ron Vlaar (12/0 d, captain), Mattias Johansson (20/0 d, suspended)

Lyon: Jérémy Morel (21/0 d, doubtful), Rafael Da Silva (19/0 d), Mathieu Valbuena (18/6 m, 2nd top scorer), Memphis Depay (5/1 f, cup-tied)

Manchester United v AS Saint-Étienne

Manchester United: Wayne Rooney (17/2 f, captain), Michael Carrick (11/0 m), Phil Jones (12/0 d)

AS Saint-Étienne: Cheikh M'Bengue (12/0 d), Arnaud Nordin (11/1 m), Oussama Tannane (16/1 f), Alexander Soderlund (13/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

PAOK total the group has 4 to 6 under 2,5 and so no goal, Schalke had three goals just passive and 5 to 6 under 2,5 and so in no goal. I expect tough game with a few steps in front of the two homes and go to the few goals
PAOK THESSALONIKI vs FC SCHALKE @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.70 

Shakhtar in the group scored 21 goals, ie three goals per game average total was 4 out of 6 over 2,5. Both teams have great offensive lines today can be an open game with many goals
RC CELTA DE VIGO vs SHAKHTAR DONETSK @@ +2.25 Over, odds 1.80

Olympiakos are favorites, especially in Karaiskaki can beat any opponent, but receives many phases in its defense, having some back issues, Turks can strike against the
OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS vs OSMANLISPOR FK @@ Both team to score, odds 2.07

Rostov v Sparta Prague

The home side have performed heroically thus far in Europe having had a great Champions League campaign collecting 5 points and famously beating Bayern Munich 3-2. Despite struggling for consistency domestically-they are currently 7th in the Russian Premier- I still see them as a formidable team especially at (h). They have only lost once in 18 months on home soil and have won 9/14 this season in total. 

Sparta, are a good side themselves and finished top of an extremely testing Europa League group alongside Inter, Southampton and Beer Sheva but I feel the first two were much weaker than they currently find themselves. Perhaps finishing 1st shouldn't be TOO overstated. 

I think the away side is dangerous and are capable of avoiding defeat but for me Rostov is all about Europe this season. They have proven they can compete against the best in Europe already and with their home record I can seem them taking an advantage into leg 2. The coach also has a full squad of players to choose from and despite just returning from mid-season break, the noisy support will ensure that everyone is motivated for this one.

Rostov at 1.95

Edited by Icongene

CL last night was profitable but unfortunately Napoli couldn't score a 2nd goal. Phenomenal miss from Mertens and Callejon was offside for his goal.

Europa has been kind to me and looking at the games for this evening:

Celta vs Shakhtar:

BTTS @ 1.83

Over 2.5 @ 2.00

Ludogorets vs Copenhagen:

1 @ 3.00

1 DNB @ 1.95

Anderlecht vs Zenit:

1 DNB @ 1.925

Villareal vs Roma:

X2 @ 1.7

Olympiakos vs Osmanlispor -> based on O FK's form slowing down and Olympiakos are quite menacing at home

1 @ 1.667

Also tailing @betcatalog on PAOK.

Will do an acca for fun of Bilbao (insane home form), Shakhtar O2.5, Anderlecht 1X, Ludogorets 1X, Lyon no CS  @ 7.98

Edited by KikoCy
added acca to ruin bank accounts

I´ve got taken Ludogoretz DNB and Zenit DNB.

Ludogoretz playing really good at Champions League Group Stage and Copenhagen on other Side playing also really good. But they lost Key Player Delaney to Werder Bremen, they are coming from long winter break so maybe Ludogoretz are a little bit in Front here.

Anderlecht will rotated something i read. Zenit coming from long winterbreak which is not good for my bet but i will try. Have a strong squad and a good Coach.

The squad rotation rumour is doing the rounds but honestly, I can't think of a logical explanation for this.

Especially as you would anticipate them to want to get as ahead as possible during the home leg.

BTTS @ 1.70 could be a decent shout given the volatility on the 1X2 market for this game.

Legia - Ajax BTTS also looks good.

1 hour ago, Icongene said:

Up to 2.25 now. Hmmmm. Seems nice odds but does someone know something I don't!?

Very interesting as it would have to be one of these factors:

- updated team news/injuries

- big money moving the market towards Sparta Prague

For the 1st reason, I can't really find any information.

For the big money, they usually move 3 hours pre-kickoff if backing the underdog and days in advance if the favourite.

Given this, I am scratching my head a bit but sticking with Rostov despite Sparta's scary form in their last 6 due to both teams' winter break + Rostov's quality performances in CL.

I will let you know if I come across anything.

I can only think Rostov maybe has in injury doubt but im not seeing anything.

Maybe there's some big money gone down on Sparta. Both teams have been on the winter break so maybe another reason for the odds on home win are rising.

I've still decided to play Rostov here :ok

Can anyone tell me if Legia Warsaw fans are banned from the stadium v Ajax tonight? Thanks.

Edit: Legia Warsaw V Ajax

The Dutch side are on a great run of form domestically (5 wins in a row) and they are still well in the title race. Their coach has said that they are taking the Europa League very seriously as it reflects well on Ajax's image as a club so a strong line-up expected. In 3/3 group stage ties (a) Ajax conceded and both teams scored.

I see a Legia team who have shown they can raise the level of their performance to match teams of higher calibre than Ajax and despite making the Polish outfit outsiders for the tie they will come out firing v Ajax and will give 100%. In the Champions League Legia only failed to score in one of their matches (home v Dortmund) so I'd be surprised if they don't find the back of the net.

BTTS at 1.91 - LOSS

Lots of chances for both sides and crazy that it finished goalless. Maybe with a bit more competitive matches Legia would have been more clinical with their chances.

Thank you Rostov for making it a good night. I had them high stakes and had to jump on them further at 2.25. Can't beat a nice relaxing bet :cigar

Edited by Icongene