** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Feb 14th - 22nd

10 hours ago, immortal-- said:

lol such a nightmare for me...

For me Ter Stegen was nobody today... the only one who can get some good words for the match today was Neymar. Anyway... Barca was crap, I didn't watch match of them this season, big mistake. PSG are not so good, but today they was awesome.

I'm with @DrBetter, I thought Ter Stegen kept the score down and is the only Barcelona player to come away with any credit. A few of you on here were hinting at Barcelona slipping up but I think most of us expected a draw at best. I don't think anybody predicted 4-0. In that style as well.

@betcatalog, I think your over 2.5 goals are decent calls. The odds could be better but I think Bayern Munich could win 2-1 or 3-1 and Real Madrid will win by the same margin.

Wasn't confident in my pick yesterday of Benfica CS 1-0/2-0/2-1 @ 4.2.

Hopefully I can be lucky again today.

I like @StevieDay1983's thought process and was also planning on taking Bayern 2-0/3-1/3-0 CS combo.

Here is a decent article/preview on Napoli

My bets, all singles:

Bayern to win 2-0/3-0/3-1 @ 3.4

Bayern -1EH @ 2.15

Napoli X2 or +1 @ 2.375

Real - Napoli O3.5 @ 2.375

Napoli O1.5 team goals @ 3.00

Ramos anytime card @ 2.1

As you can tell these are somewhat risky, bookies giving <50% of happening but what better way to spend a Wednesday?

Also got Bayern CS + Napoli X2 in a double, for shits and giggles.

Edited by KikoCy
edit: added -1EH

Without Ter Stegen, it would be 7-0. I wrote a longer post few weeks ago. With Rossel, Bartomeu, Enrique, this Barcelona is becoming Real Madrid. La Masia is drawning, our youth potentials are leaving, and it's interesting that they are able to play key roles in clubs as Bayern, Borussia Dortmund, Villarreal, Valencia... but they are not good enough for Barcelona. On the other hand, we are taking players as Mathieu (20M), Gomes (40M), next one is Cancello (30M), who is by the way backup for Montoya in Valencia, but Montoya is from La Masia and he is not good enough to be in Barcelona. That's why highly intellectual Enrique decided that Sergi Roberto (one of the best midfielders produced by La Masia in last 10 years will become right full back, that we will be able to buy 40M Gomes, who is overrated as shit. Thiago left for 18M, Gomes came for 40M. Thiago is by far the best player of Bayern, while Gomes is by far the biggest disappointment of Barcelona this season.

Neymar was trying to do something, true. But take a look of some things: 

- right side of Barcelona is crazily open to opponent.. and than everyone are blaming Sergi Roberto (Barca player with most tackles by the way).. I want to see one full back able to cover all of that. If Rakitić is not playing, no one is covering space behind Leo, and than Roberto is left alone and exactly that happened yesterday and is happening for whole the season. 

pfx-Screen.png

- Gomes tried, but he failed. He lost so many balls, he had only 1 tackle in whole game, he didn't create anything, he was lost in galaxy.

xbr-Screen.png 

- Emery simply raped Enrique. He had five players, able to cover Leo and at least three of them were all the time able to press him every single time when he received the ball. Team played with high pressure and they're three midfielders had almost as many tackles as whole team of Barcelona. They also outran them with aprox. 8km more.

xxk-Screen.png

- Emery focused totally on Leo, while he actually left Neymar little bit more of space, covered only by Meunier and Verratti/later Nkunku, while Marquinhos was helping with closing down the space on both sides actually. Another player who was trying to make it harder for Ney was Di Maria, who was helping in defence a lot yesterday. Another problem was Jordi Alba who was far from being dangerous in this match.

9dt-Screen.png

- Both teams were mainly focused on attack over left flank, but Emery stopped main player of Barcelona, from who almost all dangerous balls are coming (Leo) and because of that Suarez was totally cut out of the match. On the other hand Barcelona didn't stop anyone from PSG. They were too late in duels, they were to slow in attack, Neymar even if he was trying, was holding the ball to long, and that's why only two players were needed to stop him and when he saw that it's not his day, everything was easier for Meunier.

n2b-Screen.pngwcl-Screen.png

In my opinion, high pressing won the game. And Enrique's thinking about Barca being a counter-attack team is a total shame. Leo is reason that he is still here. Without Messi and with his tactical knowledge, this would be mid-table team.

Edited by Pep004

Fascinating analysis there, @Pep004. So was yesterday a one-off or is it what you believe could be the first stage of a slow downfall of the Barcelona machine... as we have come to know it that is? Will sacking Enrique do it? Or, as you briefly state, is this something that is a problem higher up?

Im sorry @DrBetter but im not sure what makes you think PSG are the best side in Europe. They aren't even the best side in France this season.

You also said 'when you crush the best team in Europe' well as far as I know Real Madrid are the best team in Europe (holders of the Champions League and to add to that, they're ahead of this Barcelona side in La Liga.

Edited by Icongene

I hope that they will change some things, and unfortunately many of them should be changed. This team is still strong, they can still beat Leganes in next round of LaLiga 8-0, after my last post of crisis they started getting some good results, but still.. game plan was bad, really bad. They won against Eibar, but they didn't outplayed them. They didn't outplay almost no one this season. All the good results, or let's say 90% of them are product of Messi's brilliance. But Busi 29, Pique, Messi 30, Iniesta 33, and club, far from being in safe hands.. that sounds bad. Cruyff, Guardiola, Laporta, all important people of "fresh history" are far from Barcelona right now and except Laporta, no one will want/be able to come back. New "good" people are needed around the club, specially around La Masia, otherwise dark period is coming. 

About the tonights matches.. I can not believe that Arsenal is bigger underdog than Napoli. Why is that so? Besides Bayern is in problems as well. They are getting results, but they're football is far from brilliance. It's true that Arsenal is Arsenal, but anyway. Also Napoli could surprise somehow as Real is not at it's best neither. It's strange to see so many giants this season somehow out of form. No one is in great shape right now. Maybe Juventus, but Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, all the clubs we were used to flying high are somehow in problems. I believe that Bale can change things for Zidane, but he is still not 100% fit.

20 hours ago, DrBetter said:

ehh? Ter Stegen was the best player on the pitch, it's said everywhere, everybody agrees in the press, some brillant saves, i've watch the match, he did 3 incredible saves... and can't do anything on the 4 goals...  

PSG are not so good? Come on, they're in quarter every year, and with more luck and less Barca these past years, they could have reached semis or final no doubt, they're 5 or 6 in the UEFA ranking over last 5 seasons... PSG is one of the best team in the world easily.. You're blind my friend... ;-) When you crush 4-0 the best team in Europe, it's not one lucky match, it means that you're solid, consistent, brillant, with talented players... But if it was a nightmare for you i understand your frustration and blindness ;-)

I'm not saying they are not good, but they are not so great as u think. You saw one big match from them and say they are the best... they have struggles whole season. Barca is not the best team in the world, they have a lot of problems, and most of them u can see from the match yesterday. tbh I blame Ter Stegen for the first goal, the ball was close to him, and he can react better... Enrique have 3 of the best players of the world and had only on shot on goal - that's say everything for me.

Well those two games went as most would have predicted. Arsenal genuinely could have lost 8-1 if it wasn't for Ospina. I had Robben to score anytime with my Bet365 in play offer :cigar

Napoli played well but came up a Madrid side in the mood. You really feel they could have done with 2 away goals if they are to stand a chance of progressing. I won't complain too much tonight :beer

On 18/02/2017, 17:06:07, vasilli07 said:

Locking in Sevilla -1.25 @ 1.98(sbobet) now. Just when you thought things can't get any worse for Leicester, they just lost to 10 men league 1 side Millwall. :lol Pretty confident Sevilla will win, at most I lose half my bet if they only win by a goal.

You're a vulture... I love it! Totally agree that it could get messy! Even if the players that have been ghosts this season that had blinders last year start performing, they still lack Kante who was the difference. I think Leicester will be optimistically hoping for damage limitation. I can see them losing 2-0 or 3-1.

Certainly the match will be very interesting since both teams are in good racing condition and can provide us with a beautiful night. Both teams have great offensive lines and can score on both sides
MANCHESTER CITY vs AS MONACO @@ Both team to score, odds 1.75

It will be a hard battle in both games, both teams are very good in their defensive function and it will rely on to get the qualification, I will go with the few goals
BAYER 04 LEVERKUSEN vs ATLETICO MADRID @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.62

Bayer Leverkusen v Atlético Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen: Bender (7/0 m, captain, doubtful), Tah (16/1 d), Çalhanoğlu (15/6 f, 2nd top scorer, 4 months FIFA suspension)

Atlético Madrid: Juanfran (17/0 d), Godín (20/1 d), Tiago (9/1 m), Fernández (3/0 m)

Manchester City v AS Monaco

Manchester City: Kolarov (23/1 d, probably in), Clichy (14/1 d, doubtful), Kompany (3/0 d), Gundogan (10/3 m), Gabriel Jesus (4/3 f)

AS Monaco: Jemerson (22/1 d, suspended), Boschilia (11/6 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

They can, of course.. but for gods sake don't underestimate Monaco and Jardim. Individually difference between those two teams is not as big as many people think. Monaco has by far better full backs, and by far I mean really by far. Bakayoko and Fabinho, two exceptional box to box midfielders, great in defending roles.. and than there is Bernardo Silva. In my opinion the best player of Ligue 1... and the biggest problem is high finishing ratio of Monaco. If they will miss chances as they did against Bastia in last round, than they will lose by 2 or more, but that was first match of them I have seen this season missing so many chances.

I can not wait to see this match, but as there is too many unanswered facts for me, I will open the beer and watch it in peace, probably with notebook, to write down masterpieces by both managers.

@Notorious who told you that? Perez? :p

I feel like there is bound to be a good result for at least one of the 'big' away sides in this round of fixtures.

I would say it's either going to come from Atletico in Germany or Juventus in Portugal. Can anyone tell me anything about Porto's side this year as I really haven't followed them too much. To me Juve will dictate most of the game and have a great chance of winning should they desire. BUT all sides (Italian especially) are happy to come back with a tie going into the next leg so perhaps DnB is the safer option.

Edited by Icongene

12 hours ago, vasilli07 said:

I have a feeling Man City could actually win by 2 goals. :hope Like Unai Emery, Pep is hired because the Man City board believes he can do better in the CL. Hopefully the -1 odds gets better than now later in the day.

I agree with you. I think after a rocky period Pep is finally starting to get them back on course. I also think that our sides are exposed to City every week. European clubs do not have that advantage and will not be as familiar with the way they are playing. Sure, they will do their scouting but it's not the same as being there in the same league as them week in and week out. I think -1 handicap is a great shout if the price improves just slightly.

The thing with City is that nobody really knows which one will show up. 

They are slap bang in the middle of transition right now and have Jesus, the guy who has sparked this revival in the 1st place on the sidelines. I think a lot will depend on whether Sergio Aguero puts in the hard work or not. He wasn't happy about being dropped in January and it would seem fairly obvious he is being transferred in the summer window. If he still has the motivation City can score a few tonight but if Monaco score early and Aguero gets lazy and Toure gets lazy and their defence falls apart as we all know they can, then anything is possible.

Im on BTTS in this one.

@Notorious... you should talk with me about this top Ancelotti's Bayern with one friend of mine.. he is big supporter of Bayern for a long long time, and he is crying after Bayern from last two years, saying that this how they are playing this season is catastrophic. But I can get why are you saying "Ancelotti's Bayern" as fan of Real Madrid. It was painful between 2008-2012 right? :) 

About Real Madrid.. I need to say, that finally with Zizou in charge who has balls to say something against Florentino.. Real started working/building something similar as Barca did in past.. They are including more and more home players, having former star player as head coach, while Barca with Rossel and Bartomeu started Madrid's politic.. buying as much as possible. I just hope that something will change soon, cause otherwise Real (even if honestly.. this Real right now is far from something seriously unbeatable) will start winning La Liga season after season. But I hope that things will change in Barcelona as well...

Nothing today, just finished dinner with girlfriend and now it's time for beer and Monaco - Manchester City. :) About Sevilla, I think that they will trash Leicester, even tho it looks that they are truly focused on CL, but I think that in this form they cannot do anything against Andalusians. The only thing what bothers me is.. that I have serious feeling that Sampaoli will leave Sevilla and be the next coach of Barcelona, and I don't know when will that happened. I cannot imagine how it is in locker room of Sevilla, if players know that they're manager is leaving today or tomorrow...

Edited by Pep004

4 hours ago, Icongene said:

The thing with City is that nobody really knows which one will show up. 

They are slap bang in the middle of transition right now and have Jesus, the guy who has sparked this revival in the 1st place on the sidelines. I think a lot will depend on whether Sergio Aguero puts in the hard work or not. He wasn't happy about being dropped in January and it would seem fairly obvious he is being transferred in the summer window. If he still has the motivation City can score a few tonight but if Monaco score early and Aguero gets lazy and Toure gets lazy and their defence falls apart as we all know they can, then anything is possible.

Im on BTTS in this one.

Good call. It turns out both City's are turning up! Moments of class contrasted by moments of flawed garbage! What a result for Monaco this would be. Are Monaco the underrated team left in the competition? They are leading Ligue 1 after ahead of the PSG side that destroyed Barcelona 4-0.

FC Porto v Juventus FC

FC Porto: no absences

Juventus FC: Andrea Barzagli (15/0 d), Giorgio Chiellini (18/2 d)(both doubtful)

Sevilla FC v Leicester City

Sevilla FC: Mercado (19/2 d, suspended), Trémoulinas (0/0 d), Pareja (17/1 d), Fernández (3/1 f)

Leicester City: Wague (0/0 d), Slimani (14/5 f, top scorer), Ulloa (12/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

For groups Porto conceded just three goals, while Juventus just two goals in six games, both teams have a very good defensive lines today expect close game with few goals
FC PORTO vs JUVENTUS TURIN @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.60

The two teams will line up with a lot of changes in their compositions compared to the first game, despite the fact that the two groups will be changed from the first leg PAOK expect to fight with all their forces, I see an open match with many goals and will suggest the over 2,5
FC SCHALKE 04 vs PAOK THESSALONIKI @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.86