** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Dec 16th - 18th

ligue1ratings.jpg.4966704c8023d8c6e826a6

Monaco are really picking up a head of steam now after a convincing 4-0 win. A Falcao hat trick shows he is worth backing as a scorer in every game. What are we thinking this week guys?

@Pep004, @FCNA, @immortal--, @sajtion, @louis12, @hairline, and @WinningAdvice, are any of you looking at any particular bets this week? What a title race this is turning into!

Rennes - Bastia

Full Event Home -0.50 (AH) @ 1.917 5/10 PINNACLE

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 17 Dec 2016, 20:00

Early call. I wanted to take it already yesterday, but then I saw cup matches in midweek, but I will do it anyway. Odds already dropped from 1,98 to 1,92, but in my opinion odds should be around 1,65. Because it's an early pick, stake will be "only" 5/10. You can still find odds above 2 on some soft bookies. Match between 5th and 18th placed team of French Ligue 1 will be played on Rhozaon Park in Rennes on Saturday at 20:00. Rennes is coming to match after defeat in Lyon, but fact is that they were simply unlucky in this match. Already in first half they had crazy chances, but Lopes was saving everything. I wrote a lot about them this season, I really like the way how they play. They are strong on wings, specially left one where is N'tep. We were able to see Said back, so Gourcuff has more rotation options as before. Bansebaini received red card against Lyon, but Mendes is back after suspension. They are also pretty well organised in defence and prepared on matches with good tactics. Bastia won against Metz at home, flying on great performance of Saint-Maximin, about who I already spoke. Metz had they're chances, Mandjeck hit the crossbar, but I need to say that Bastia deserved to win. They are taking a lot of long shots, that's why they have almost the same number of shots per game in average like Rennes. They play draw in Nice, but it should be at least 3 goals difference. I was talking about this match a lot. Same with match against Lyon. They're often trying with long balls, or waiting if Maximin will do something individually, or if any ball will bounce to Crivelli, but otherwise they are without some good game plan, tactic, anything. In my opinion Rennes is simply too good and underestimated from bookmakers this time. They're game style with attacking over the wings, also with lot's through balls and also individual qualities (N'tep, Gourcuff, Sio, Grosicki,...) will make difference on Rhoazon. That will be the last match of this year for Rennes at home, after that they're travelling to Lille, while Bastia will play against OM at home.

montpellier and bordeaux is a probable score draw, lorient need a massive performance and might be worth banking on their motivation to see them win although. st etienne are very comfortable in their dogmatic style. it's a risky one but they have at least scored 9 goals in last four games so a victory for them is coming.

Angers SCO v FC Nantes

Angers SCO: Ketkeophomphone (4/0 f), Letellier (0/0 g), Mangani (15/0 m), Michel (13/0 first goalkeeper)

FC Nantes: Thomasson (10/0 m), Touré(4/0 m) (both suspended), Kačaniklić (8/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Ligue1: Angers - Nantes

ANGERS

Angers put up a really poor performance last week away at Nancy. Only Nancy managed to create decent scoring opportunities, and in the end the 2-0 victory was well deserved.

Away from home they are too submissive, and accept opponents’ dominance without any fight. On home ground they are more combative, more aggressive, especially after poor results started piling up (only 2 points in the last 5 rounds).

They are conceding 2 goals per game lately, and if defenders won't get their act together, there's no way but down for Angers. At the moment they are very slow, and can't anticipate opponents' next move. At least they are able to score, thanks to fast forwards Diedhiou and Toko Ekambi.

Bad news for Angers as first keeper Michel and important central midfielder Mangani will sit out (mostly the defensive phase will be affected). At least they welcome back fullback Manceau from suspension.

NANTES

Nantes' game against Caen last week got postponed because of heavy fog. Maybe it is better this way, since Nantes were in terrible form and low on confidence. A couple of days off never hurt anybody, and it gave new coach Conceicao enough time to know the players.

They haven't scored in 4 rounds, and even if there are plenty of attacking options available, something was just not clicking. Nantes have decent players available, and some of them even have impressive potential. Unfortunately they never learned to play together, to be a team, and ex coach Girard is the one responsible for that. But there are signs of improvement after the arrival of coach Sergio Conceicao.

Except the forced changes (because of injuries and suspensions), coach Conceicao used the usual lineup in the midweek Cup game against Montpellier. Although players were the same, their attitude was different, the combativeness was at maximum levels, and Nantes looked like they could score every time going forward (won 3-1). This is exactly what they needed, a change in attitude, and the future looks bright with this kind of approach.

Guests will miss midfielders Thomasson, Kacaniklic and Toure, but welcome back defender Vizzcarondo, midfielder Rongier and forward Bammou.

BETTING

At a first sight this looks like a tricky encounter, but with Nantes’ change of attitude and Angers’ need of points (and leaky defense), this can easily turn into a goal fest. Neither side has been very productive lately, that’s why we get huge value on goals. OVER 2 GOALS at 2.06

from Clubgowi LGF newsletter

lorient is a standout match for me. on one is expecting them to win but i think they will resolutelly. this is the match i will be following live. i love it when a teams has a point to prove and you can expect motivation to play a big part. if i'm wrong so be it but it's worth the risk

First of all, so happy to see my club come on tracks. Thanks to Conceiçao and two victories in a week. 5 goals, nearly as much as the beginning of the season. Just want to exclaim my joice :loon

Rennes vs Bastia Home win

Match of the opposite ! Rennes at home 7/2/0, Bastia away 1/1/6. Not a surprise for Bastia but not enough for Rennes to expect a main rule in this Ligue 1. I'm not woory about the clash against Monaco in Coupe de la Ligue (7-0). Monaco is an UFO this year, their main force for me is their subs, obviously far more efficient than PSG for example.

So to conclude, clearly home win.

TFC vs Nancy Home Win

Toivonen and Braithwaite here again ? That seems to be, but my main reason is the results of Nancy away from home.

Lorient vs ASSE, goal for Lorient and 1N

The last chance for Lorient to stay alive ? Have a look to their calendar and next match : PSG, Guingamp, Monaco... Since the arrival of Casoni, one thing changed : goals, enough to bet on a home goal. Unfortinatly, defense is not enough solid. Waris is out, but for me is not a key player. On the other hand, Ruffier is also out, first goal keeper and a great one ! To stay alive, to shape a better form, to count that ASSE will not be always Lucky, advantage to Lorient

Nice vs Dijon Home win

First against 17th, what else ^^ ?

Monaco vs Lyon Home win, Handicap, more than one/two goals for home

All In ! As said, Monaco is an UFO, they provide great football, they take pleasure to play, they are easy ! Face to a still fragile Lyon, it's a symbolic win to crush the champioship.

Edited by FCNA

In my opinion there is no value in Nice odds. They are without Pereira and Dealbert, both important full backs, specially Pereira is one of the best individuals of this team, while also situation of Cyprien is unclear. So another important man under the question. Balotelli is overrated in this team. Favre is the one who should be hailed there IMO, not Balotelli. Btw he played 7 matches so far and the only match he really decided by himself was against Lorient.

On 11.12.2016, 18:41:04, StevieDay1983 said:

ligue1ratings.jpg.4966704c8023d8c6e826a6

Monaco are really picking up a head of steam now after a convincing 4-0 win. A Falcao hat trick shows he is worth backing as a scorer in every game. What are we thinking this week guys?

@Pep004, @FCNA, @immortal--, @sajtion, @louis12, @hairline, and @WinningAdvice, are any of you looking at any particular bets this week? What a title race this is turning into!

I bet for Monaco to win. They progressed in the Coupe de la Ligue in midweek in emphatic style as they thrashed Rennes 7-0 which was aided greatly by 17 year old striker Kylian Mbappe Lottin bagging a hat trick.

Lyon went out of the cup on penalties in midweek as well, with that result making it two wins, two draws, and one defeat in their last five outings in all competitions. In the league they have won five and lost three of their last eight.

This is unlikely to be an easy game for Monaco, but on the contrary they just look the more well balanced.