** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Midweek > Dec 13th & 14th

champratings.jpg.f6a25556cbdabbd498523ec

splratings.jpg.fa4325983106b9a418b729561

A little bit of everything during midweek in the UK football. We have the Championship enjoying a full round of fixtures with the SPL and EFL Trophy also producing a couple of fixtures. There is also the FA Cup 2nd Round Replays. So plenty to think about but only a couple of days to get your bets sorted.

What do you think?

@addpea, what are your thoughts on the FA Cup Replays?

@Sir Puntalot, Leeds and Fulham really let the shouts down this week. Thought they were decent punts as well.

@allyhibs, our Scottish football correspondent! What do you think of the SPL games. Two home wins in the bag surely?

@Kenton Schweppes, you must be delighted Huddersfield grabbed the win. Can they follow it up away against Burton?

@skyblues88, as a League One follower maybe you can cast your eye over the League One sides involved in the FA Cup and EFL Trophy during midweek?

@gogetta, any fixtures catching your eye? Particularly in the two cups involving lower league opposition?

Yes back to winning ways yesterday, pleasing result and performance. On to Burton now, if we can win Tuesday we're back in the hunt just in time for our televised trip on Friday to the totally out of form Norwich, although it's not somewhere we ever win and I don't expect it to be any different on Friday, a point would do me.

Decent point for you down at Ipswich. What happened with Bamba, will he play for the club again after that? I secretly think Warnock will be delighted with that, show she gives a shit. Warnock didn't seem to criticise him in his post match interview. He seemed to blame the ref....as he always does  :lol.

Just perusing Sky Bets prices for Tuesday and Aston Villa are 21/10 at the outrageously out of form Norwich. I know Villa draw a lot of games but at that price and given Norwich's really poor form, I wonder if they are worth backing? Although I've not seen much from Villa, even since Bruce took over to suggest they are on the up.

Brighton are priced up at evens at Blackburn, that's just barmy, although I don't expect them to be evens come Tuesday. If they are that Tuesday, got to be backed at that price.

I'd even consider backing us (Huddersfield) on Tuesday at 9/5, also Leeds at 5/4, think maybe they should be a bit more than that to be fair but might be worth consideration.

On 11/12/2016, 11:21:23, Kenton Schweppes said:

Just perusing Sky Bets prices for Tuesday and Aston Villa are 21/10 at the outrageously out of form Norwich. I know Villa draw a lot of games but at that price and given Norwich's really poor form, I wonder if they are worth backing? Although I've not seen much from Villa, even since Bruce took over to suggest they are on the up.

Brighton are priced up at evens at Blackburn, that's just barmy, although I don't expect them to be evens come Tuesday. If they are that Tuesday, got to be backed at that price.

I'd even consider backing us (Huddersfield) on Tuesday at 9/5, also Leeds at 5/4, think maybe they should be a bit more than that to be fair but might be worth consideration.

Yeah, midweek games often have some strange odds because I think the bookies are wary about changes to squads. Teams playing away can also be longer odds due to the quick switch around. I am not entirely surprised by the Villa price. Norfolk is a horrible place to travel to midweek. I still think Norwich will need to be on their game to get something. Agree on Brighton at Blackburn. That said, Blackburn have only lost 1 of their last 4 league games and unbeaten at home in their last 5 league games. It's one to be cautious over but the odds make it worthwhile to take the risk.

Having watched Brighton a lot this season, I am confident in backing them to win to nil @ 3.1 on Betfair.

i think it will be a tight game, but Brighton have a tight defence, combined with the quality needed to unlock stubborn teams.

can also see it being a 0-0 bore draw, but hopefully they can be on top of their game tonight.

i am usually the kiss of death on them though, so expert Blackburn to win/score or draw

On 11/12/2016, 10:48:10, StevieDay1983 said:

@skyblues88, as a League One follower maybe you can cast your eye over the League One sides involved in the FA Cup and EFL Trophy during midweek?

Sorry about the late post. Tough midweek round of betting. 

As far as the league one sides go i'd have Northampton to be too strong for Stourbridge. I've had Fulham to beat Rotherham. We have a tough game on Thursday night at home to Sheffield United. Potential pitch invasion to try and force the owners SISU out with the game being shown live on Sky. We need a result to end the poor 5 league losses in a row, but I cant see it against a free scoring Sheffield United. 

Premier League: Manchester City - Watford

Not much we have actually seen recently suggests that City should be 1.25 to win this. They were a defensive shambles against Leicester City on Saturday evening and sorely missed the protection of Fernandinho (last five PL games he has missed have produced 21 goals), who is once again suspended, along with Aguero (last five he has sat out have produced 24 ). Watford are coming off a nice 3-2 win over Everton where they could have scored a couple more, but are equally as unreliable at the back and have shipped nine, in their last two road starts, also allowing a whopping 20 attempts on target. Guardiola will be demanding a reaction from his men and it could all click and they will run in hatful, but hard to see that coming along with a clean sheet at present. The hosts have to find a way to win, or they could be nine points plus adrift of Chelsea and under huge pressure for the visit from a wounded Arsenal at the weekend, think the best way to approach this is.......

Manchester City to win and both teams to score 2.50-2.70 general quote ...............best alternative, over 3.5 goals

from Clubgowi newsletter

Hey everybody

Could you advise me? I want to bet on Tottenham but I`m not sure. It`s my first time when I`m betting on English premier league
I`m only La Liga expert.

Edited by Tina_Tollen

On 14.12.2016, 18:28:23, Tina_Tollen said:

Hey everybody

Could you advise me? I want to bet on Tottenham but I`m not sure. It`s my first time when I`m betting on English premier league
I`m only La Liga expert.

Tottenham is a good football club, they showed their best today^^