** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Comp - Friday December 9th

13:30 Cheltenham Perfect Candidate @ 14/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Perfect Candidate....from Fergal O'Brien yard who trains nearby in Naunton and would call this his local track , he saddle a 9yo who is a C&D winner on this new track already in April this year before going away for a summer break , He's been a winner of a hurdle race and four chases from 2m 4f to 3m 2f on ground varying from good to heavy with two of the chase wins coming here this year ,

He came out 30 days ago at Bangor 3m good to soft when he finished 11th of 13 runners and was beaten 45 lengths hopefully the yard had this race in mind and Bangor race was just a prep race, for what ever the yard saw in that race there having the cheekpieces on for first time,

Jockey Conor Shoemark keeps the ride and was onboard last win here

4.50 Newcastle

For a mile handicap around here there appears to be a lot of pace. That could suit Testa Rossa who likes to sit just off the pace setters and finish well. He was a respectable 3rd last time out over CD having won his previous 2 starts over CD. Useful apprentice now takes off the 3lb rise for the last win which is what attracts me along with the fact this course suits his style.

1pt win Testa Rossa 15/2 bet365

Bang 2.25 - Our Willie - ew at 16/1 bog wm hill

novice hurdle

my selection was fairly well beaten on hurdles debut last time out but ran well enough to suggest that he can at least place in this uncompetitive heat

He drops back half a mile and tired badly up the hill at Hexham so a less demanding test should suit and the Post noted that he ran well for a long way and should come on for the run

The odds on favourite looks miles clear on her bumper form (grade 2 winner) but makes her hurdle debut and you never know until they've jumped under race conditions. Apart from her it looks a weak heat

My original EW selection was going to be Pearlita at 50/1......so I hope she doesn't win.......:loon

1.30 Chelt

SOUTHFIELD THEATRE @ 13/2 Stan James

Think this one is due a change of luck, fell last time when the probable winner and brought down at last years festival.  Prior to that had been second twice at the big March meeting including a second to Don Poli in the RSA, a repeat of that form would see him bolt in here.  Good ground is a plus and this longer trip should help his jumping which can be a little sketchy at times.  I expected this one being favourite so I'm more than happy with the 13/2 currently on offer.

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Bang 2.25 - Our Willie - ew at 16/1 bog wm hill

novice hurdle

my selection was fairly well beaten on hurdles debut last time out but ran well enough to suggest that he can at least place in this uncompetitive heat

He drops back half a mile and tired badly up the hill at Hexham so a less demanding test should suit and the Post noted that he ran well for a long way and should come on for the run

The odds on favourite looks miles clear on her bumper form (grade 2 winner) but makes her hurdle debut and you never know until they've jumped under race conditions. Apart from her it looks a weak heat

My original EW selection was going to be Pearlita at 50/1......so I hope she doesn't win.......:loon

That horse is called Willie Boy not Our Willie.......

not sure what was on my mind........:lol