** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Midweek > Nov 29th & 30th

ligue1ratings.jpg.904f2c2c7c17813e9797e8

The menage a trois at the top of Ligue 1 is still in tact with PSG, Nice, and Monaco all picking up points on the weekend but speculation will now turn to whether the wheels have fallen off Nice now after that draw.

@Pep004, @FCNA, @hairline, and @immortal--, do you guys have anything lined up for this midweek treat in Ligue 1?

bordeaux and lyon are obvious choices. lyon are good enough to claim points against any side in the league except psg who are class above them. nantes rarely scores more than one goal. i don't like to back bordeaux for being strangely unpredictable but i feel they may string two win in a row after coming back twice to win their last match 3-2 and it will definitely be moral booster for them.

Lorient - Rennes

Full Event Over 2.5 (O/U) @ 2.150 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 29 Nov 2016, 19:00

Lorient is coming to match after draw against Metz, where they already had win in pocket but they conceded 2 goals in 3 minutes (75-78). Also Cabot is fully fit new and with Moukandjo attack of Lorient looks pretty solid. They will cause problems to Rennes defence for sure, but on the other hand we saw how shaky is they're defence and even if Gourcuff will rotate here, I think that we'll see goals from they're side too. Rennes won against Toulouse on Rhoazon in last round and even if final result was 1-0, it could be 3-4 like nothing. They were much much better side, they create lot's of chances and played well. This time they're attack will be little bit weaker, while Christian decided to put his son out of the squad. Yoann is slightly injured and he doesn't want to risk with him playing 3 matches in 7 days. That means that we'll probably see Grosicki in first eleven again. N'tep is in squad and will play probably. He is key player of this team and he added another assist in the match against Toulouse (his 5th this season). Lorient has problems with defending wings, while away teams biggest strength is on the wings. As I already mentioned in one of analysis, Lorient is too good to be on 20th spot. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll win today. But as I am expecting many chances, I am going with goals here.

We'll see about tomorrow. For now bets which I like are: Nice +0,25, Metz +0,5, Lyon -0,25 and PSG -1,75. And I will go to watch Lyon on La Beaujoire. Honestly I don't expect anything from Nantes...

Nantes - Lyon
Full Event Away -0.25 (AH) @ 1.925 4/10 PINNACLE
Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 30 Nov 2016, 19:00

Match between 18th and 7th placed team in Ligue 1 will be played on Stade de la Beaujoire at 19:00. Nantes is coming to match after draw with Lille who won yesterday and is on 15th place now, while Nantes lost one place and is on 18th. They are far from good form and there is more and more worries about the team. Supporters are afraid that season 2008/09 will repeat when they relegated to Ligue 2. Don't forget that Nantes was in Champions league in 2001/02 as they won Ligue 1 year before. If we are looking to trophies - Nantes is 3rd best team in France with Lyon, Monaco, PSG all behind them! But this club is far from old glory days. At recent coach is everything about defending and even on matches when they tried to play, they had nice game on they're own half, but as fast as they come on opposite half of the pitch, they are lost, without creativity, without idea, all goals (only 9 in 14 matches) came as result of.. yes unfortunately we could coincidences. Sala best scorer? Probably one of worst attackers in whole league. All of his duels are 70-80% fouls, some of them pretty ugly fouls but on the other hand he is someone who is bringing points to this club. Without him it would be even worse! I hope that they will make some changes in winter, because otherwise hard times are coming again. Facilities of club are great, stadium is beautiful, they have young squad, but they don't have the right coach, who could take maximum of this squad. It's obvious that morale is low, that communication between players is bad (for example "fight" between Bamou and Ari on match against PSG). Adrien Thomasson is suspended, while Rongier is still injured. We can expect Illoki on one of the wings, while position of hot prospect Harit is still in doubt. He was on the bench against Lille, and didn't play against PSG because of suspension, but I really hope that they will keep him in the club - as he is one of players who can make difference. I really like to watch Lyon's mathces. They are playing good, but they still have PSG complex. They deserved much more in last game against them but what's done is done and now they need to continue. 4th placed Rennes is just 2 points in front of them, so with win they can put things back right. It's harder and harder for them to keep key players while big European clubs are knocking on doors. Specially Tolisso, Laccazete and Fekir are transfer targets of many clubs. Tolisso almost left to Juventus in summer, but 22-year old captain stayed for another season and in match against Nantes that will be his 100th appearance in Ligue 1 for home grown player. Only N'Kolou and Jallet are expected to miss the match. We can expect some rotations but probably not too much. Many of you will be surprised about h2h: 42 matches, 26 wins of Nantes, 9 draws and only 7 wins of OL. But as I said, Nantes has great history, but nowadays they are far far from that. I watched many matches of Nantes this season, and they simply didn't impress me. As mentioned, defence defence and defence, also on trainings the biggest emphasis is on defence, and it's not a surprise to see lack of ideas in attacking zone. Lyon on the other hand played well against PSG, before that they won 3 matches in row, and as Ferri said on press conference they need to continue. It's true that it will be tough for Lyon to come throw defence, but again, I can not see Nantes compete with them. They're positioning and movements are too slow, and if they won't be in superior form today, they won't have chances.

Guingamp - Nice

Full Event Away +0.25 (AH) @ 1.760 4/10 SBO

Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 30 Nov 2016, 19:00

Match between 5th and 2nd team of French Ligue 1 will be played today at 19:00 on Stade du Roudourou in Guingamp. Guingamp is still one of the biggest surprises of the season. They're doing well, keeping themselves in top10 but fact is that they're 10 points behind 2nd placed team, but 10 points in front of 18th placed team, which brings qualifications to stay in 1st league. Salibur and Kerbrat didn't play on last match and are expected to be in 1st eleven today, while situation with Ikoko, Didot and Benezet is unsure. First two will probably be in the squad. Anyway, those are not some key players, and Guingamp "power" is team play with lots of fighting. They're without defeat for 7 matches in row, but last three of them ended with draw. Rotations are not something what Kombouare would be use to, but that's mainly because of short bench. On the other side Favre is rotating well and even if team was playing also Europe matches during the week, they are in good shape. Injury list is the same as for match before, with only two important players Balotelli and Baysee missing. Monaco is current leader because of better goal difference, but they have match more and they failed to win yesterday in Dijon, so that's great chance for Nice to come back to 1st spot again. Also PSG is knocking for the spot with only 1 point less then Nice and if Nice won't win, PSG will be 1st placed team after 15th round, because I don't believe that Angers can make a surprise in Paris. Young Koziello and probably veteran Bodmer will come to first eleven, what is nothing new for this team, while both of them played many important matches (8+goal; 11). Lot's of word about Nice and Favre this season. They're doing great! He is using big part of squad, rotating, playing good football, and they are also more used to play midweek matches than home team. They created many many chances against Bastia, but specially because of Plea who missed 1on1 chance and also empty goal later, match finished with 1-1. Anyway Nice has really good full backs, so wings are covered pretty solid which could be a problem for Guingamp who's games strongly depends on long balls and success of wing-play situations.