** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Dec 3rd - 5th

laligaratings.jpg.6a4c19efcf1aa3ebfa1ee6

Well, last weekend saw Barcelona as the accumulator busters once again. What is going on there?! Fair play, @Pep004, you smelled something suspect citing Real Sociedad's form and Barcelona's track record at Sociedad.

A few of us including @Mauricius were off on the Atletico one. They eased that one.

@mrclubbie and @sajtion, you lads also put shouts in last week. Tempted again this week?

i don't see barcelona missing a chance to close gap on real madrid especially after last weeks disappointing draw. real madrid will be without bale and ronaldo plays off him when they need a spark of creativity. fair play to ronaldo he has carried his team through last few fixtures but can't see him cutting the mustard against barcelona.

Barcelona is in big troubles. It's true that Ini and Umtiti could be back (Ini for sure), and I am just afraid that they will win and all the problems will be just postponed. Fact is that club leaders are doing things wrongly. Barcelona was used to work on own players but they right now they are becoming more and more similar to Real Madrid - just buying players... When I see Asensio, Vazquez and Nacho in first eleven of Real, I feel bad (I am Barca fan). There were times, when we had all the team from La Masia, but now.. Pique, Messi, Busi and that's it. Enrique is tactically maybe the worst coach in last 15 years and that, what is he doing right now is absolutely crazy. Back 4 + Busquets are playing so called possession game, when all the other part of the pitch just waits for a ball higher on the pitch. In that way every single team, yes also Sociedad can make pressure on us and cause problems. It was pure luck to win first match against City. Result was crazy high, but it could ended totally different if City would get penalty at the end of first half. On second match Barca played good, bud just for 39 minutes. Otherwise.. all they do now is ball on Messi, who is playing diagonall through ball on Neymar on the left flank, and then Luis and Leo are coming into the box, Ney is passing (mostly) to the Messi, who is scoring and that's. 

If anyone read my analysis on Sociedad-Barcelona, I said "They (Sociedad) are trying a lot over left flank, where left full back Yuri and left winger Oyarzabal are really doing well and they created many goals this season (Oyarzabal has 4 assists). And because they are used to play offensively there, I see problems for them, because this is side of Lionel Messi. I predict that Enrique will try to "penetrate" over this flank, because there will be lots of space, also from counter-attacks." And what happened? In average, that's positions of players one and another team:

4m7-Screen.png

Rakitić is shown there mostly because he was there in offensive roles, but in defence Sergi Roberto was almost alone on whole right side and looks that analyse of Sociedad from Barca's side was really really awful. Ex coach of Barca B (Eusebio) totally outplayed Enrique! As long as Messi is here, everything will be somehow fine, but after that.. I am just really really concerned what will happen... 

But on the other hand, Real Madrid is also far from decent form. They are winning, but also against Gijon they were just lucky. Čop missed penalty in 80th minutes, and everything could be different but anyway it looks that Zidane has his word against Perez, and they are somehow coming in solid shape. They have many players injured, but they are winning. Vazquez is proving that he is great player, same goes for Nacho and Asensio. Zizou knows how valuable are home players - his era had some of them and he is trying to put them together.

Disappointing draw should be disappointed defeat. Referee's helped with disallowing regular goal for Sociedad and also otherwise Sociedad was that better, that as Enrique said it was a miracle that result was still 0-0 at half time.

I agree, El Clasico is match for itself, and everything else is unimportant. Even if Real would be 1st and Barcelona 10th. Iniesta returns which means morale boost for all the players even if captain of Puyol level is missing. Maybe Pique in 1-2 years. But anyway.. @1,84 on Barcelona? I won't touch it and even if it will be 5-0, there is no value for me. If anywhere then value is on double chance Real Madrid (above @2) but anyway.. I will choose popcorn :D

Anyway.. odds on Villarreal (again :D ) and Gijon looks quite valuable to me.

Edited by Pep004

Leganes - Villarreal

Full Event Away -0.75 (AH) @ 2.830 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 03 Dec 2016, 18:30

Match between 15th placed Leganes and 6th placed Villarreal will be played on Saturday at 18:30 on Estadio Municipal de Butarque in Leganes. Leganes is coming to match after being defeated in Copa del Rey against Valencia, Garitano did some rotations in 1st eleven, but some players played both matches, because there is many injured players, so bench is pretty short. I was against them on last week when they were playing against Espanyol and my opinion is pretty the same. Without Ibañez and specially Szymanovski, they're attacking line is too weak! Last one picking a knock is right full back Bustinza, but he will probably be fit for the match. Villarreal disappointed me at home against Alaves, but thing is, that they were in possession, they had they're game, but Alaves scored first and succeeded with defending after it. I think that Villarreal went to match to easily, but well in mid-week they had easy match against Toledo, where Escriba rotated bigger part of the squad. Bakambu finally scored which is also important news for Villarreal, while they're conversion ratio was the biggest problem in last games. With loosing points against Alaves they already fall for 2 places, while Atletico and Real Sociedad jumped over them. Bilbao, Eibar and Celta are just 2 points behind, and with bad results they can ruin all the good work they did in this season. For sure, Villarreal will be the team dictating tempo, having possession, creating much more chances, while Leganes will try to defend themselves. I think that it won't be possible. Villarreal will be hunger to get points back and to continue competing for euro-spots.

FC Barcelona v Real Madrid

FC Barcelona: Iniesta (5/0 m), Alba (7/0 d)(both probably in), Mathieu (4/1 d)

Real Madrid: Coentrao (0/0 d), Danilo (5/1 d), Kroos (11/1 m), Bale (11/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Morata (11/4 f, 3rd top scorer)

CD Leganés v Villarreal CF

CD Leganés: Serantes (13/0 first goalkeeper), Rico (11/1 d), Marín (5/0 d), Szymanowski (10/3 m, top scorer), Ibáñez (5/2 m, 2nd top scorer), Koné (5/0 f)

Villarreal CF: N'Diaye (5/0 m), Cheryshev (8/0 m), Bruno (12/3 m, 2nd top scorer, captain), Soldado (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

On 29/11/2016, 23:34:35, Pep004 said:

Barcelona is in big troubles. It's true that Ini and Umtiti could be back (Ini for sure), and I am just afraid that they will win and all the problems will be just postponed. Fact is that club leaders are doing things wrongly. Barcelona was used to work on own players but they right now they are becoming more and more similar to Real Madrid - just buying players... When I see Asensio, Vazquez and Nacho in first eleven of Real, I feel bad (I am Barca fan). There were times, when we had all the team from La Masia, but now.. Pique, Messi, Busi and that's it. Enrique is tactically maybe the worst coach in last 15 years and that, what is he doing right now is absolutely crazy. Back 4 + Busquets are playing so called possession game, when all the other part of the pitch just waits for a ball higher on the pitch. In that way every single team, yes also Sociedad can make pressure on us and cause problems. It was pure luck to win first match against City. Result was crazy high, but it could ended totally different if City would get penalty at the end of first half. On second match Barca played good, bud just for 39 minutes. Otherwise.. all they do now is ball on Messi, who is playing diagonall through ball on Neymar on the left flank, and then Luis and Leo are coming into the box, Ney is passing (mostly) to the Messi, who is scoring and that's. 

If anyone read my analysis on Sociedad-Barcelona, I said "They (Sociedad) are trying a lot over left flank, where left full back Yuri and left winger Oyarzabal are really doing well and they created many goals this season (Oyarzabal has 4 assists). And because they are used to play offensively there, I see problems for them, because this is side of Lionel Messi. I predict that Enrique will try to "penetrate" over this flank, because there will be lots of space, also from counter-attacks." And what happened? In average, that's positions of players one and another team:

4m7-Screen.png

Rakitić is shown there mostly because he was there in offensive roles, but in defence Sergi Roberto was almost alone on whole right side and looks that analyse of Sociedad from Barca's side was really really awful. Ex coach of Barca B (Eusebio) totally outplayed Enrique! As long as Messi is here, everything will be somehow fine, but after that.. I am just really really concerned what will happen... 

But on the other hand, Real Madrid is also far from decent form. They are winning, but also against Gijon they were just lucky. Čop missed penalty in 80th minutes, and everything could be different but anyway it looks that Zidane has his word against Perez, and they are somehow coming in solid shape. They have many players injured, but they are winning. Vazquez is proving that he is great player, same goes for Nacho and Asensio. Zizou knows how valuable are home players - his era had some of them and he is trying to put them together.

Got to admit, you're becoming one of the most interesting posters here, @Pep004. Love reading your analysis on things. Intriguing thoughts too. I agree about what you say with papering over the cracks at Barcelona. Take away MSN and it's far from a great Barcelona side now. The next 2-3 seasons are going to prove very decisive for Barcelona. They need a win this week otherwise things could start to go downhill fast.

Thank you @StevieDay1983. I believe that for some guys it's interesting what I'm saying, while for other guys is just talking from the sofa. I am talking many things out of experience, but also from my point of view on football. Sometimes no one understands me, for example right now I am impressed with City's performance, while Chelsea looks like team from second league who is playing with rubbish tactic, but looks that it will be successful one this time. :)

For Barca.. I am actually hoping that they will fail tonight (again, I am big Barca fan), but it's time that they change many things in this club. I would rather watch 20 good seasons more. They are not improving for a while,...

On 03/12/2016, 16:48:57, vasilli07 said:

Bilbao will be missing their 2 top scorers Raul Garcia and Aduriz, you still like them?

I don't really buy into suspensions and injuries too much as top teams always have quality, even if that's a youngster making his debut - it's proven time and time again for me, but of course others will disagree with me.