** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Your Greatest Football Experience

StevieDay1983

Watching the finish to the Swansea versus Crystal Palace game on Saturday had me wondering what emotions @andrewcalo must have been going through and how awesome winning that game must have felt. It then got me thinking about times where I've had a similar feeling in football. This then got me questioning what all of you guys would have felt was your best ever football experience?

Personally, I'm going to have to split it into four categories. Apologies for being complex but it's the only way I could narrow down a huge number of possible experiences. So I'm going for club, national, playing local league, and watching local league.

Club - Without a shadow of a doubt it is the 2003 Division Two (as it was back then) Play-Off Final win over QPR at the Millennium Stadium. Years of failing to get out of that division against a back drop of financial uncertainty during the twilight of the Sam Hammam years made it all the more glorious plus it was in our own city. I was living right in the city at that time too and had mates that were Sheffield United fans down for their Division 1 (or Championship as it now is) Play-Off Final game with Wolves the following day. We had such a great night out that evening and all crashed back at mine after. Brilliant!

National - It has to be the 3-1 win over Belgium at Euro 2016. Before that it was my first ever Wales game when we beat reigning world champions Germany 1-0 in Cardiff but the Quarter Final victory this summer topped that. Just the sheer disbelief at how well we played. I just remember looking at my mate in shock at full time. We couldn't even celebrate. It didn't seem real.

Playing Local League - I played a game where I was man marking former Cardiff City player Roger Gibbins. He might have been the wrong side of 50 and he probably didn't give a shit but you could still see he oozed class and I marked him out of the game. Loved it.

Watching Local League - We were playing a team made up of Barry Town FC players and they were romping our division. We went 1-0 behind early on and because we were relegation fodder at the time they were getting cocky and saying "let's improve our goal difference lads!". We went 3-2 ahead with just 5 minutes remaining but they equalised in the last minute. However, we then scored with the last kick of the game to win 4-3. Unbelievable scenes!

On 29/11/2016, 12:11:12, Shade34 said:

The greatest? I think maybe when I went to a soccer game in Rio  (Vasco x Botafogo). I've never been to a stadium before, although I'd rather watch games from home anyways, it was a nice experience. 

I bet that was incredible. My brother went to River Plate versus Boca Juniors in Argentina when he was out there and he said that the atmosphere over here in the UK doesn't even compare to the atmosphere in South America. He said each game is an event on its own. People turning up hours before kick-off to get the ground buzzing. Wish clubs over here did more to get fans to the ground earlier.

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I bet that was incredible. My brother went to River Plate versus Boca Juniors in Argentina when he was out there and he said that the atmosphere over here in the UK doesn't even compare to the atmosphere in South America. He said each game is an event on its own. People turning up hours before kick-off to get the ground buzzing. Wish clubs over here did more to get fans to the ground earlier.

I understand, things in Brazil are a lot crazier than US, Europe or any other part of the planet hahaha unfortunately not only at the good stuff...

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2016, 9:32:17, StevieDay1983 said:

That is my life dream, to attend River - Boca. Its not called Super Clasico for nothing. I have watched it several times on TV, its unique event in Football.

Last year in Poland, I attended a lot of matches. The greatest experience was on Cracovia -Legia. In addition it was some anniversary for Cracovia, and the atmosphere on the stadium was great. I regret not attending the Holy War derby in Krakow (Cracovia - Wisla), hopefully next time I am in Poland.

For national matches, Bosnia - Lithuania qualifier for World Cup. Finally Bosnia managed to get to WC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD2JmJUDcAw