** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Midweek > Nov 28th - 30th

StevieDay1983

Maidstone v Eastleigh

I see no reason not to carry on opposing Maidstone who were easily beaten by Lincoln on Saturday and with teams below them winning they are now only 2 points clear of the relegation zone. Eastleigh put in a stinker themselves at the weekend when losing 3-0 at home to Chester. It was a case of lots of possession but a lack of quality in front of goal which cost Eastleigh dear. It was a lack of goals which cost them at times last season as well and I am surprised that it isn’t an area Ronnie Moore has tried to strengthen as he must know it is a weak point. Maidstone are there for the taking though and Moore will be desperate to get a reaction and if they are to play a part in the title race they have to get 3 points here. Eastleigh have only lost twice on their travels although the fact they have drawn 6 is a minor concern, but I think the 3G pitch will suit their style of play and Maidstone have only won twice at home all season. Coral’s 6/5 looks a nice price.

York City v Guiseley

After putting Guiseley up a couple of weeks ago to win at Dover I made a mental note not to back them away from home again as they struggled against a side who had played less than 48 hours previously. Rules are made to be broken though and I have to back them here to beat a York side who look in a right state. I was certainly glad I put Bromley up on Saturday and York were terrible in a 3-0 defeat. Obviously there is still plenty of time for them to get out of the mess they are in, but I am not sure how Gary Mills is going to get in the players he needs given their is clearly little money available to strengthen. The fact they are odds on for a bottom four finish tells you that the bookies don’t expect them to get out of it. Guiseley are also odds on for the drop, but they certainly look more capable of survival than York do at the minute. Their home form is solid enough and they had a cracking 3-1 win over in form Boreham Wood on Saturday. The issue is their away form and no wins, 1 draw, 10 defeats with just 6 goals scored tells its own story. I would imagine though that they are putting their focus into their home games and this match offers a rare chance of actually gaining an away 3 points. I put Guiseley up when they won the reverse of this fixture and that was their first win of the season and at Coral’s 5/2 it is well worth a bet of lightening striking twice. York look so bad at the moment and Guiseley look the better side.

I'm contemplating whether to back Southport at home to Solihull, seems mad after Saturdays 5-4 defeat at home to Braintree but I reckon Steve burr might get a reaction tonight and Solihull aren't the best travellers and also have a big fa cup game on Saturday at Luton which may be on a few players minds. Basically Southport's improved form recently(Saturday aside) and Solihull's heavy schedule and travelling recently(barrow and Torquay last week) points me to Southport 

Edited by bromsgrovegreen
Errors

Hampton are around evens away at royston town in the trophy tonight which also interests me, a drab 0-0 draw apparently Saturday which was a great result for royston. However Hampton are very decent away from home and the home side may be caught out as they should be more open tonight on their own patch.

Southport and Hampton double pays around 7-2 which I've had a few quid on

Hello everybody, it's been a while since I've posted.

Barrow to beat Macclesfield 12/5 with Bet365

Both sides have an FA Cup game to think about at the weekend, but Macclesfield play on Friday whereas Barrow don't play until the Sunday. Barrow are the superior side on paper and are on a great run of form. Macclesfield have much less to play for in the league than Barrow and therefore are more likely to rest players. 12/5 seems too large for Barrow.

Macclesfield game now postponed.

Dover to beat Sutton 2/1 with Bet365

Always difficult to back against a side with a striker as in form as Ricky Miller for Dover. Dover are a dangerous side who can outscore anybody on their day, but are suspect at the back. Sutton are another side with one eye on their big FA Cup second round game at the weekend, whereas Dover are out. Dover are unbeaten in 5 (in 90 minutes) and have only drawn one in the league this season. I like the look of Dover to win and BTTS too at 4/1 with Bet365.

Guiseley draw no bet against York 5/4

York are in all sorts of trouble at the moment and seem unable to scrape a win. Guiseley thumped York 6-1 last time and beat a decent Boreham Wood side at the weekend. Would probably back the Dog and Duck against York at the moment. 

Edited by jack1712