** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League > Dec 3rd - 5th

eplratings.jpg.1d6eb0af28f595b8fceafa7af

The first weekend of Premier League football in December officially kick starts the run-in to the congested festive schedule. One massive game standing out in Manchester City versus Chelsea. Anyone brave enough to bet on something other than a draw? Will Crystal Palace get their first win in bloody ages against Southampton? A few games sticking out where over 2.5 goals looks a good shout such as West Brom versus Watford, West Ham versus Arsenal, and Bournemouth versus Liverpool.

What do you reckon here then lads?

i would not hesitate to bet on chelsea against man city. out of the two chelsea are better defensively and man city much weaker especially without kompany. i think pep's overly dominant and attacking intent will play nicely into conte's counter attacking style 

Edited by sajtion

I would like to say that City will have 1 week to prepare on this match. Pep will work for this match like an idiot. He is probably not even sleeping. He is perfectionist, and I am 100% sure that City will have solution for Chelsea's 3-4-3 (5-4-1). I can already see big problems for Hazard when he will come into the midfield, because Fernandinho is playing in amazing form. Also flanks of Chelsea will be more exposed, and Hazard will have plenty of work to do also in defence. Anyway I think that it will be amazing match. Probably better, more interesting match to see than El Clasico. I will try to analyse this match by myself, just to see if I will be able to predict the gameplay. But I don't have balls to put money on anything here. Both teams are great, both with few individuals in super form.. Well..if anything.. Otamendi and Costa will have they're fight, that's for sure. :D 

56 minutes ago, mrclubbie said:

Burnley's away form has been real poor - 1 scored 13 conceded

Stoke aren't keeping clean sheets these days

BTTS YES ?

BTTS looks to be priced correctly here and doesn't offer huge value imo. One important factor will be whether Ryan Shawcross plays for Stoke - he is currently an injury doubt. Both Bruno Martins Indi and Marc Muniesa are relatively poor in the air for centre-backs so you would feel that Sam Vokes maybe able to exploit this in the absence of Shawcross.

If Shawcross does not start for Stoke then I reckon folks should be looking at either Sam Vokes anytime goalscorer @ 10/3 or Ashley Barnes anytime goalscorer @ 4/1 (if either are starting and Shawcross is absent)

3 hours ago, mrclubbie said:

The slump in the form for Crystal Palace is scary - And now they are dangerously close to the relegation zone. Pardew must response something here.

There's been so much talk and over analysis of Pardew recently but the players must take the majority of blame for Palace's recent run, not Pardew. I can't remember who said it but they basically claimed that Palace lacked leaders on the pitch and I have to agree. Up until recently we had the likes of Speroni, Delaney, Jedinak and Murray and although we have moved on quality wise from these players we have lost something in leadership and spirit. Would not be suprised to see Damien Delaney back in the starting lineup tommorow, we need him now and I think Pardew knows it. Palace have been playing well recently but the players game management has been piss poor and it's costing us.

Southampton game is very unpredictable, fans have to get behind the team and support the manager. If you're reckless and don't care about your money you will take Palace on the +0.25 line here. For me it's a no bet situation with migraleve and smelling salts on standby.

Bad week for Tony Pulis. Cant say I know much about Watford, not sure about their manager. 1-1 last week for west brom was the scoreline I fancied (massively). Another draw would not be a massive surprise. 2-2 is 19.00 at B365. I might have a pop at them each week while I've got the interest and see how the returns (if any) pan out at the end of the season.
Nice write-up on Palace. Also like Sir Punts Sunderland poke. DC or AH treble for a bit of fun perhaps?... "if you're reckless and don't care about your money" :D

On 29/11/2016, 10:23:50, sajtion said:

i would not hesitate to bet on chelsea against man city. out of the two chelsea are better defensively and man city much weaker especially without kompany. i think pep's overly dominant and attacking intent will play nicely into conte's counter attacking style 

It's going to be a fascinating game. It is going to test the tactical resolve of both teams. I would not be surprised if both teams were happy with a 0-0. I can see a very cautious approach from both managers. I am tempted to back either a 0-0 result, outright draw, or either side to win to nil.

@Mindfulness, great to have a Palace fan here to give us a view from inside the fanbase. It's often easy to misinterpret a team's form simply by judging the results.

West Bromwich v Watford FC

West Bromwich: Salomon Rondón (13/4 f, top scorer), Saido Berahino (4/0 f)(both doubtful), Boaz Myhill (0/0 g)

Watford FC: Adrian Mariappa (0/0 d), Isaac Success (6/1 f)(both doubtful), Younes Kaboul (8/0 d), Miguel Britos (11/0 d, suspended), Valon Behrami (13/0 m, suspended), Brice Dja Djédjé (0/0 d), Kenedy (1/0 m), Craig Cathcart (5/0 d)

West Ham v Arsenal

West Ham: Aaron Cresswell (5/0 d), Michail Antonio (13/6 m, top scorer), Diafra Sakho (2/1 f), Reece Oxford (0/0 d), Sam Byram (5/0 d), Gokhan Töre (5/0 m)

Arsenal: Mohamed Elneny (8/0 m, illness, doubtful), Olivier Giroud (7/3 f, probably out), Yaya Sanogo (0/0 f), Mathieu Debuchy (1/0 d), Hector Bellerín (11/0 d), Santi Cazorla (8/2 m), Chuba Akpom (0/0 f), Danny Welbeck (0/0 f), Per Mertesacker (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

5 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

I'm interested in the Southampton game against Everton. 0 - 0 feels right to me.

I pedict 4 home wins 3 draws 3 away.

Are you still thinking about last weekend mate? Hahaha. Everton versus Manchester United could be a more interesting game than we first expect. Everton haven't done very well against the better sides so far. So will they continue that trend against Mourinho's men? I think United are playing a lot better now but Goodison Park is always a tough place to go. A score draw perhaps? Or will United sneak a win to nil? I'm torn.

Anyone knows the odds for bet, that Chelsea WON'T be a champion this year? 

If they will play 10 matches like today against City, they won't win more then two games. Every single little thing connected in they're "game". City was absolutely fantastic prepared for this match, they exactly knew where they can go throw Chelsea's defence, but finishing is terrible. Anyway I think that City will need 2 solid defenders, because Otamendi is simply not intelligent enough to play this important role in his system.

p.s. Aguero did it again! That's why I am still saying that Pep will have many many problems with this squad. Specially because they're main player is "bipolar". His decisions are absolutely sick. He want's to be best player in the world? Never. His acting on pitch is a pure shame. Everyone talking about bad, crazy Diego Costa. Okey, I admit, but Aguero is not far from that. 

For me the Everton v Man United game is really interesting for a number of reasons.

Both teams started the season really well. Everton had 13 points from the first 5 games and Man United had 9 from their 1st three.

In the last 8 games Everton have collected 6 points, while Man United have 11 points. Only Hull have scored fewer goals than Everton (5) in these 8 games.

I think the Chelsea game was really destructive for Everton. They got thrashed, and it's knocked confidence, in the manager, and the system.

United are coming off an  excellent display against West Ham midweek. I'm still not convinced though. They have not put back-to-back displays together.

Jose needs to find his core players and stick to it. Stop mixing and matching and chopping and changing.

So can United do it today ?

A huge factor is team selection. I will wait for the team news, before deciding on a bet.

But with Chelsea inning, Arsenal winning, and Spurs winning, United need to win here  

Zlatan  up front,  

a midfield of Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Mihkatarian,

Carrick

back 4 of Shaw, Jones, Blind/Rojo, Valencia . They have to find a place for Carrick, and it's probably in a 4-1-4-1 formation,

or a 3-5-2  

Jones, Rojo ,Valencia

Herrera, Mata, Carrick, Pogba, Mihkatarian,  

Rashford and Zlatan upfront.

I would love to see them play 3 at the back. I think Pogba and Herrera are really hard working excellent midfielders, that can make the necessary positional adjustments. For me a back three also relies less on the wing backs to get up and down the field, and frees up the midfielders to operate in the midfield space. It would certainly free up Valencia, who seems to have his best games when he has the space to blow past his marker in the midfield, rather than deep in the right hand corner. For me Valencia's situation is exactly like that of Victor Moses at Chelsea. These are powerful, physically strong guys, with stamina to really hurt teams. Just gotta unleash it !

Have United turned the corner ? If they have it sets up next weeks game against SPurs pretty nicely.

Edited by neilovan

5 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

Hmmh. City lost their bottle and had trouble finishing. Whereas Chelsea were deadly on the counterattack and weathered the storm early on. Are you a Man City fan by any chance?

Far from that. I am football fan, fan of making football interesting and not win it with counters and bunch of luck. I had one coach who set formation with 6-3-1 and said stay deeply as possible and go to counter as fast as possible. And if any of those passes won't succeed, act like you are injured. Scream loudly, if referee won't stop they're attack, then opponent will kick the ball to out because of fair play. That worked out for a while, but after a while it was a disaster. I will never be fan of this style and I would hate it also if Barcelona would play like this. Again, it's just my opinion, but playing like this is admiting that you are worse and that you want to surprise opponent. Chelsea has best squad in England, butthey were in this position already. They were successful for few seasons and then came disaster. They are not consistent team, and last blame is on Mou. Maybe they will hail Conte for a while, but winning with better teams in this way,.. things will come around. This season they are focused only on PL. It will be totally different when they will be in 3-4 battles.