** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2016 Off-Season

I agree about that International Premier Tennis League, it could be worth putting more focus on it next season as I had some nice wins last week on it from livebetting. Those powerpoints could make you some profit since being down 30-40 in a game ment they still could win it straight up by the team using their powerpoint during the match. Quite cool rules I have to say, switching player during a set and having 1 powerpoint per set at disposal.

Some pretty good players in the Dubai 100.000$ tournament this week. The draw includes Mona Barthel, Susanne Celik, Aleksandra Krunic, Cagla Buyukakcay, Ksenia Pervak, Evgeniya Rodina, Su-Wei Hsieh, Mandy Minella, Galina Voskoboeva, young upcoming player Dalma Galfi and Tara Moore. 

2 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Great betting ogii55, now it has to feel pretty good :)

Yeah, I've got some rough moments in a close matches. But the most important is to keep searching for nice odds.

Australian Open Wild card tournament

Inglis - Tomic 2.21 Pinnacle

The level of both is pretty much equal. But the hint here is that just a week ago Inglis beat Tomic 7:6, 6:1 in U18 wild card tournament on the very same courts. Maybe this was missed by the oddsmakers and they just checked the rankings and past results by both.

Australian Open Wild card tournament

Mcphee - Hon 4.33 Pinnacle

Another match between two young girls. They met just a week ago on the same tournament, but among U18 girls. Guess what, Mcphee won 7:5, 6:4. Nobody saw the result so the odds are based on their rankings and performance among seniors. This is a kind of gift, huge value here so take it and say thanks after the win :)

Dalma Galfi to beat Aryna Sabalenka at 1.50 with bet365

Galfi is the upcoming talent here and she perhaps should be a bigger favourite.

Evgeniya Rodina to beat Mona Barthel at 1.83 with bet365

Evgeniya has been excellent on hardcourts this season for ITF standard and she knows this is a match she very well can win. Mona plays her best on clay acctually and her season hasn't been the best coming back from injury and now trying for an off season push to gain some momentum ahead of next season when she just should have taken a break already. I don't doubt Mona has the motivation to do well here but Evgeniya is pretty dangerous for her right now.

Taking a double on both that pays 2.75 with bet365

Galfi is great, but she retired from her last tournament with some tight problems. She even posted a video on 30 November how her leg is treated with electroshock. If she is healthy on 100% she must win, but with this injury, she could not be on 100%. Agree on Rodina. She finally showed some form this season. 

ITF Pune

Morgina - Zidansek 3.71 Pinnacle

Morgina is a typical hard court player and she will benefit from that. Last year she reached the semifinal here so will have an extra motivation for that. Recently she is not in the greatest form, but has a week to prepare for the event. Zidansek will play her first ever hard court tournament among seniors. She is playing on clay with great success this season. The young Zidansek probably will be tired, because in the last three weeks she was in Spain, Chili and now in India. Three diferent time frames and climates.

Vasilyeva - Jorovic 3.43 Pinnacle

The H2H is 1:0 for Jorovic and their only match was a 3-setter in 2014. Now Vasilyeva came from qualifications where she beat three good opponents and the best of them was the young Russian star Kudemetova. Her best results this year are on hard. She is a former Top 130 player so she knows how to perform on that level. Jorovic is good player, but she is 4w5l this season on hard. Her last match was a month ago and I was surprised that she didn't participate in french League despite the fact that her last four tournaments are in France and she often plays there. Probably she had some sort of problems. Speaking of problems Ivana often lost in the first round of tournaments this year, sometimes by good players like Niculescu, but also from a players from Vasylyeva range like Ruse.

O'Connell - Groth 2.75 Will Hill

AO Wild card qualification

O'Connell started with clear and very convinsing win here. He showed nice form in the second part of the season beating his personal best. Groth is still struggling in 2016. He saved MB and needed 5 sets and 4 hours plus to beat number 395 in the world Dayne Kelly. Not so impressive for him and I expect that he will finish his journey in the second round.

Great betting again on Kaylah Mcphee ogii55 and not so great from me on Rodina who lost badly :$ and Galfi is about to lose it looks like too

Edit: Ok Dalma Galfi won her match. At least something!  But I better get a better grip on things to come if I wont to make profit.

Edited by four-leaf

Cagla Buyukakcay gonna have a hard time next season as she defends her WTA hometitle. As most less known female tennisplayers does after winning a title she's been dipping in form ever since and her loss today (to Ksenia Pervak who isn't as bad player as her current ranking suggests judging from her highest ranking of 37 and her title in Tashkent 2011 to her name) is a small worry. But still Ksenia lost to Cagla in september this season by 6-2 6-3 in an indoor hardcourt ITF event in St. Petersburg so Caglas form is a bit of a worry to start the new season. But honestly I'd be surprised to see Cagla repeat her success of 2016 so she probably will drop in the rankings unless she improves herself immensely. And she aint no top WTA type of player who can just repeat success after success as she wishes as Caroline Wozniacki who had been dropping heavily in the rankings before US open and reached the semis and had a superb late season success.

I watched several of Cagla's matches this season. She is a solid Top 100 player, who may stun a lot of favorites, who didn't have a day. Maybe she is a real fighter, but probably was a little bit tired after the long season and didn't set her form progress to defend her title. I am surprised by Pervak, who was one of the many trying-to-return players. Didn't watch the match, but I will be happy if you may share some impressions about how she played?

Surprised also by Rodina loss.

Tjandramulia - Rodionova 5.20 Pinnacle

I expect kind of surprise here, despite the fact that Rodionova is leading 3:0 in H2H including two wins in the last two months. One of those two wins was very close 1:6, 7:5, 7:5 and in this match Tjandramulia won more total points and had 18 BP chances against 9 for Rodionova. It was very close one. Tjandramulia is former Top 36 junior player. Rodionova is the favorite here, but the range of the odds must be something around 3,5 - 4.00 for Tjandramulia for her. Anything over is worth a try.

Abduraimova - Sharipova 2.37 Will Hill

ITF Dubai

These two girls are good friends and sparing partners. The H2H is 2:1 for Sharipova, but their last encounter in 2014 was for Abduraimova, who started with a very strong win over Minela (on the edge of returning to Top 100). Sharipova also started well, but her recent form isn't impressive. Two weeks ago she participated in AO playoff torunament when was stunned in the very first round. Not sure if she is at his best, while I see Abduraimova capable to score several upsets here. 

Voskoboeva - Haas 2.25 Will Hill

Dubai ITF

Not a big fan of returning players and I already hit the post with Voskoboeva in one of her previous tournaments, but I was really surprised that she beat by so convincing way Kucova. The Kazakhstanian is Top 50 material, but after two years of injuries her comeback is questionable. However here she could make a statement. Haas is nothing special, despite the fact that hard is her favorite surface. She played 2.30 hours to beat Patty Shnider, who had a lot of chances to win the match, and may pay the price for that. Voskoboeva had a day off, when she played a double match, which was a good training. I think that here Voskoboeva must be a slight favorite, around 1.80 mainly based on her first match in the tournament.

Dalma Galfi to beat Natalia Vikhlyantseva at 2.50 with bet365

Natalia Vikhlyantseva - Dalma Galfi

2014 Abierto Juvenil Mexicano MEXICO Clay Final Winner: Dalma Galfi 6-7(4) 4-6

As stated above, Dalma has already beaten Natalia two years ago in the final of a junior tournament. Dalma is by no way worse then Natalia currently. I expect a good match by Dalma again.

5 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Nooo Galfi didn't make it! So typical that I'm on the wrong player.

Galfi is the better player. It's ok, you had good hits before. The luck once again will come to you as you did with your research. Did you watch the game, I am interested how    Vikhlyantseva  played?

Jasika - O'Connell 2.07

Jasika was very convincing in the second round of AO wild card playoff after beating in the first round Matosevic. He has a huge support group. The talent won USA Open for juniors two years ago, but this season he is struggling. At the end of the year Jasika is starting to find his form. He's got AO experience and is capable to beat well ranked guys. O'Connell did perfectly against Groth, but needed 5-sets and he spent a lot of mental energy in the fifth set. The most important hint is that six weeks ago Jasika beat O'Connell 6:4, 6:4 and was dominating during the entire match winning a lot more points and earning many more BP chances.

Voskoboyeva - Viklyantseva 3.07 Pinnacle

I was passing this match when Voskoboyeva's odds were around 2.5. She scored two nice wins and I managed to watch her a little bit yeasterday. She was hitting very hard the ball and was looking ok. Viklyantseva is still very young, but very agile. It will be interesting battle. Still, Viklyantseva is the favorite IMO, but those odds worth a try. I checked if there is some problem with Voskoboyeva, but yesterday evening she invited all of her fans who are in Dubai to come and to watch her with a twitter post. Seems she is ok and ready for another  win.

Shawky - Muntean 8.00 Bet365 (8.30 at 1hbet)

ITF Cairo

Shawky took my attention last week. She put Ines Murta to a three sets and even was leading 3:1 in the third. Later Murta scored two huge surprises and reached the final. Shawky continue her good form with very nice wins. She stunned an opponent with odds 4.00 and beat him 6:4, 6:2. Muntean was out of courts for 1.5 months. Here comeback here wasn't so convincing despite the fact that she beat 16-year old girl 6:4, 6:3. Muntean don't like to play on clay and her record this year is 2-6 (3-5 last year). She is still the favorite based on her rankings and overal performance, but I would give her opponent maximum 6.00 odds. The extra is for us.

Fourlis - Tjandramulia 2.18 Pinnacle

The odds for Fourlis went up in the last hours and I think until the match they will once agian will go bellow 2. Fourlis is showing better tennis among seniors, despite the fact that she is two years younger than her oponent. Earlier this year she won 25k tournament on hard in Australia. Now she needed three sets to pass the second round, but she was so convinsing in the second and third set. Tjandramulia stunned the big favorite Rodionova, but used a lot of physical and mental energy at that match. She was loosing 3:5, before winning with 7:5 the decider. I am giving her Fourlis 1.80 odds, so 2.18 is nice. 

Monova - Zidansek 4.00 Bet365

Pune final

Zidansek surprised me at her first tournament on hard. She reached final and was showing good tennis. However her opponents were weaker than those of Monova. Zidansek played on three continents in the last three weeks and did so many matches. I think if she will be involved in some deep encounter, she would fade.

The Russian won two tournaments on hard this season and in both finals she was outsider. Here she didn't gave a set and only her rankings was putting her so behind in odds. Maybe the correct odds for Monova would be in the range of 2.75-3,00.

Sliusar - Morderger 2.81 Pinnacle

The rankings and the results on clay this season for both of them are pretty equal. Morderger is on a great run with 8 wins in a row on singles and she is playing well on doubles with her twin sister. She will not be so fresh as Sliusar who took a month off before returning to Turkey.

The last loss of Morderger was by Sliusar, but the German is leading 2:1 in direct encounter (one of those matches also was very close). The form of Morderger is nice, but previous time when she was beaten, she was also coming from 6 wins in a row and a tournament on her belt won previous week. Sliusar gave a total of 9 games to her three opponents so far, while the Morderger's lost games are almost double - 17.

On 2016-12-14 21:46:57, ogii55 said:

Galfi is the better player. It's ok, you had good hits before. The luck once again will come to you as you did with your research. Did you watch the game, I am interested how    Vikhlyantseva  played?

Natalia Vikhlyantseva didn't play to impressive. Dalma Galfi made double faults in decisive moments 3 times that once gave Natalia Vikhlyantseva a break and once a breakpoint. I'm not too impressed by the russian. And once Natalia had the lead in second and third set Dalma started to lose patience and just selfdestructed.

On 2016-12-14 23:50:49, ogii55 said:

Jasika - O'Connell 2.07

Jasika was very convincing in the second round of AO wild card playoff after beating in the first round Matosevic. He has a huge support group. The talent won USA Open for juniors two years ago, but this season he is struggling. At the end of the year Jasika is starting to find his form. He's got AO experience and is capable to beat well ranked guys. O'Connell did perfectly against Groth, but needed 5-sets and he spent a lot of mental energy in the fifth set. The most important hint is that six weeks ago Jasika beat O'Connell 6:4, 6:4 and was dominating during the entire match winning a lot more points and earning many more BP chances.

This was a nice one. Omar Jasika was at 1.66 when match started. Good value!

10 hours ago, four-leaf said:

This was a nice one. Omar Jasika was at 1.66 when match started. Good value!

Jasika is talent, but seems the glory came to early for him. Alone with some injuries. I am very interested on the final tonight. I see this match 55:45 for Jasika  so I would try Smith if the odds reached 2.50. They were close to that earlier today, but once again went down.

On 02.12.2016, 9:03:02, ogii55 said:

Finally a correct pick.

Now up to ITF Santiago

Rodriguez - Zidansek 3.75 Bet365

Rodriguez beat two weak players without problems at the first two rounds. She is mainly a hard court player, but this season the Mexican shows nice improvement on clay. She is capable to beat Top 200 players and showed it  a month ago. Another big plus for Rodriguez is that she is playing for second week in Santiago, while Zidansek must travel from Valencia and to make up 6 hours time difference. Zidansek needed 3 sets yeasterday against weak player in single and then played another doubles match, so she was around 3 hours in court. Rodriguez finished her job in one hour. Still Zidansek is the favorite, because she adores clay, but maybe the more realistic odds are 2.75 up to 3. Anything more is a value.

Rodrigues is the best, waiting for plays in 2017!

Kim already beat Lu in the doubles match yesterday. The Korean loves hard courts and is showing nice form. She already beat three quality players in a row. Lu had easier draw, because she was seated.
Edited by ogii55
Edit