** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Dec 6th & 7th

uclodds.jpg.5efa58c0b2ddb3b025fcdc58f695

The final round of group games for this season's Champions League. It all gets a bit more serious after Christmas then. What are you lot predicting for these games then?

Some sides have already qualified for the last 16 so will they be taking their foot off the pedal? Some sides are still fighting for qualification. Will the pressure be too much?

@vasilli07, @pulsar12, @clubgowi, @CristRo7, and @Wolfy180 you have all offered quality opinions before on this competition. What are you thinking here?

Benfica handicaps are good because while Benfica is a solid consistent team, Napoles is inconsistent and also benfica is capable of scoring plenty of goals. So I think if they win, it will by more than one goal for sure. Else, Napoles can win or draw. (I hope not eheh)

Porto odds too low, Leicester maybe interesting but i am not following the team.

PORTO (1/3 - W.Hill) to beat Leicester to qualify. A draw may not be enough for Porto if Copenhagen win. Leicester's priority at the moment is sorting their poor premier league form out. 

JUVENTUS (1/8 - Bet 365) and PARIS (1/7 - Betfair) to see off Dinamo Zagreb & Ludogorets respectively to win both of their groups. 

PSV (4/6 - Skybet) to beat Rostov to secure a place in the Europa Cup. Only a win will do, draw or loss would mean Rostov qualify for Europa Cup. 

PSG have massive problems with the squad with all Veratii,Rabiot,Pastore and Motta out while Silva and Marquinhos are one booking away from suspension.PSG lost heavily last weekend which indicates how they are coping with all those abcenses-not coping...On the other hand we have fully fit squad really ready to play their hearts out.We might really see something which could be defined as a miracle if PSG are not 100% commited to win this game.They are through the group stages and with all these players missing i don't know what squad will they play.I think that Ludogorets on +2 AH @ evens would be a wise choice and why not +1.5AH @ well above evens both with bet365.GL!

Edited by Simeon Borisof

FC Barcelona v Mönchengladbach       

(Barcelona's head coach Luis Enrique will make some changes in his squad.)

FC Barcelona: Neymar (12/4 f, suspended), Rakitic (12/2 m, suspended), Mathieu (4/1 d)

Mönchengladbach: Stindl (13/3 m, top scorer, suspended), Herrmann (6/0 m), Traoré (7/0 m), Domínguez (0/0 d), M. Schulz (0/0 m), Doucouré (0/0 d), Drmic (0/0 f), Nicolas (0/0 g)

Manchester City v Celtic FC       

(Manchester's head coach Pep Guardiola announced changes in his squad.)

Manchester City: Sterling (12/4 m, 2nd top scorer, doubtful), Fernandinho (14/1 m, suspended), Kompany (3/0 d, captain), Delph (2/0 m), Touré (3/2 m)

Celtic FC: Griffiths (8/4 f, probably in), Sinclair (12/9 f, top scorer), Tierney (8/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

My today tips is 
FC DYNAMO KIEV vs BESIKTAS JK @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.74
FC BASEL vs ARSENAL FC @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.88
MANCHESTER CITY vs CELTIC FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.77
BAYERN MUNICH vs ATLETICO MADRID @@ Both team to score, odds 1.95 

Good Luck to all

Arsenal go into their final Champions League match against Basel bang in form after their weekend demolition of West Ham. A hat-trick from Alexis Sanchez underlined the scary attacking potential of the Gunners at present. 

Arsenal could in theory still win the group. They need to better result of PSG, who play at home to Ludogorets Razgrad in their final group game. I think the big question is how Arsene Wenger plays this game. They’ve got three tough games in two weeks following this game – is it worth risking players in what could be a dead rubber? 

I don’t think Wenger will risk it. Alexis Sanchez picked up a knock to his back in the win against West Ham and he’s a vital part of the team – why risk him getting badly injured? I could see Lucas Perez or Olivier Giroud getting the nod up front, and young players like Jeff Reine-Adelaide and Rob Holding getting a run out too. Will that team be good enough to beat Basel?  

I don’t think it will. Basel have beaten their last three English Champions League opponents at St Jakob-Park, and have only lost two games in 11 against English clubs in the Champions League. Basel have something to play for – third place is their’s if they better Ludogorets’ result and they will know it’s unlikely that the Bulgarians will get anything at the Parc de Princes. 

Basel have never had a goalless match 25 Champions League home games, while every single one of Arsenal’s 40 away games in the Champions League has had a goal. 

My prediction: Basel to win at 3.05, both teams to score at 1.64.

I still think PSG handicap bet is solid today. Ludogorets have been completely out of their depth in the CL and cant see anything but a PSG win of at least 3 goals today. That 3-0 beating they took at Montpelier will be v bad news for Ludo today and they will get the backlash, odds going up on PSG because of a few missing, minus 2 at 2.3 is great value, I will also take minus 3

Legia - Sporting

This is interesting game, Sporting will have a very important match against Benfica next weekend and at the same time if they lose this game they are out of europa league. Also the conditions will be adverse for Sporting (snow) on Legia field. On top of this, Jesus coach is known to underperform on critical decision matches. I have serious doubts on this one, and so I think the Legia win is worth the bet at 4.20. 

For Benfica-Napoli match today, its a shame that Grimaldo will not play for Benfica and also Eliseu, even though will bet on EH-1 for Benfica at 4.2, because I believe if Benfica wins will be more than 1 goal and there still is potential for that. Since Benfica defense is weaker without Grimaldo and Eliseu, will go for over 4,5 at 5.65. BTTS is a good bet also if above 1.80

Only 1 group I'm interested in tonight and that's Group B - all still to play for with only Dynamo Kiev eliminated from European competition. Besiktas head to the aforementioned Kiev knowing a win will book them a place in the knockout round, however a draw and Benfica beat Napoli that will also be enough, whatever the result they're guaranteed Europa League football. I'm anticipating a few changes from Kiev who face Shakhtar Donetsk on Monday in their final match before the winter break, they'll see this as the priority given they're already 10 points adrift of Shakthar in the race for the title. I think all of the above has been factored into the price but I'm confident they can secure atleast a draw, I'm on Besiktas +0.00 at 1.800

On Mon Dec 5 00:48:18, skyblues88 said:

PSV (4/6 - Skybet) to beat Rostov to secure a place in the Europa Cup. Only a win will do, draw or loss would mean Rostov qualify for Europa Cup. 

Well, Berdyev is de-facto the coach of Rostov. His teams are always very organized and extremely hard to break when they really need the result, like in this case. In the past he also managed some surprising wins against giants like Barca (with Rubin) or most recently Bayern. The Europa league spot is very important for Rostov and they only need a draw to get it. I'm not sure PSV is any better than Rostov and don't see PSV as a favourite in this clash. More like a 50-50 game for me so I go for Rostov DC without much thinking.

4 hours ago, jamiedavies02 said:

Only 1 group I'm interested in tonight and that's Group B - all still to play for with only Dynamo Kiev eliminated from European competition. Besiktas head to the aforementioned Kiev knowing a win will book them a place in the knockout round, however a draw and Benfica beat Napoli that will also be enough, whatever the result they're guaranteed Europa League football. I'm anticipating a few changes from Kiev who face Shakhtar Donetsk on Monday in their final match before the winter break, they'll see this as the priority given they're already 10 points adrift of Shakthar in the race for the title. I think all of the above has been factored into the price but I'm confident they can secure atleast a draw, I'm on Besiktas +0.00 at 1.800

1-0 down after 10 mins, 2-0 and 10 men after 30 mins to 4-0 at half time, safe to say I've had better nights.

Champions League Tips 07 December
My today Tips for Champions League is

OLYMPIQUE LYON vs SEVILLA FC @@ +0 Asian handicap SEVILLA FC, odds 2.06
REAL MADRID vs BORUSSIA DORTMUND @@ +3.00 
Over, odds 1.88
LEGIA WARSAW vs SPORTING CP @@ Both team to score, odds 1.69

Good Luck to all

Club Brugge v FC København

Club Brugge: Engels (4/1 d), De Bock (7/0 d), Izquierdo (10/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Diaby (11/0 f)

FC København: Boilesen (0/0 d), Santander (16/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Amankwaa (5/0 m)

Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund

Real Madrid: Nacho (7/0 d), Kovačić (11/0 m), Bale (11/5 f, 2nd top scorer)

Borussia Dortmund: Reus (2/0 f, doubtful), Bürki (10/0 first goalkeeper), Guerreiro (8/2 d), Subotić (0/0 d), Kagawa (6/0 m), Bender (0/0 m), Şahin (1/0 m), Götze (8/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

On 5.12.2016 14:49:24, Simeon Borisof said:

PSG have massive problems with the squad with all Veratii,Rabiot,Pastore and Motta out while Silva and Marquinhos are one booking away from suspension.PSG lost heavily last weekend which indicates how they are coping with all those abcenses-not coping...On the other hand we have fully fit squad really ready to play their hearts out.We might really see something which could be defined as a miracle if PSG are not 100% commited to win this game.They are through the group stages and with all these players missing i don't know what squad will they play.I think that Ludogorets on +2 AH @ evens would be a wise choice and why not +1.5AH @ well above evens both with bet365.GL!

Great call @Simeon Borisof

In my eyes, Real Madrid is too big favourite against BVB. They are one of the luckiest teams in last month, scoring goals in last seconds, not conceding from penalties, etc. but I think that BVB can cause them big problems. I don't see the reason for that low odds for Porto neither. It's true that Leicester will rotate and Porto needs a win, but 1,30? We all saw Bešiktaš yesterday... Interesting odds also on Legia. Do anyone knows how important is for Portuguese side to qualify in Europa league? 

20 minutes ago, Pep004 said:

Great call @Simeon Borisof

In my eyes, Real Madrid is too big favourite against BVB. They are one of the luckiest teams in last month, scoring goals in last seconds, not conceding from penalties, etc. but I think that BVB can cause them big problems. I don't see the reason for that low odds for Porto neither. It's true that Leicester will rotate and Porto needs a win, but 1,30? We all saw Bešiktaš yesterday... Interesting odds also on Legia. Do anyone knows how important is for Portuguese side to qualify in Europa league? 

As i see it,there is little to no value on backing the home team-odds are really too low on them.If Real avoid losing tonight,they will better their historic run of 33 games without losing and i think their main focus will be on that.Borussia on the other hand must really be brave to come to Bernabeu to win given that they are not at their best,have already qualified and have tough games ahead of them in The Bundesliga.Real might not be that impressive but nevertheless are gaining results eve though it would be much harder against Borussia.If both teams avoid losing and take the cautious approach,it will really be a win-win situation-Real beats their own record while Borussia tops the group-a game with no real pressure.Can't see any other valuable bet.Everybody lumps on Overish game,but as i see it it will probably be a low scoring affair.Anyway.level game to me @ 4.00 with bet365

Real Madrid take on Borussia Dortmund at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium knowing that only victory will be enough to see them top their Champions League group. The match comes just four days after Los Blancos squeaked a 1-1 draw with El Clasico rivals Barcelona at Camp Nou. 

It’s strange to talk about a Real Madrid team as one with problems – particularly as they are unbeaten in 22 games all season – but something clearly wasn’t right up front on Saturday. Karim Benzema was poor – and the only out-and-out striker as cover for the Frenchman is the very raw Dominican Mariano. With no Gareth Bale they are heavily reliant on Cristiano Ronaldo as their main attacking force. 

However, there is good news too for Zidane. Casemiro should be fit enough to start in midfield while Pepe could come in for Raphael Varane in defence, giving the Real backline some steel in the face of the one of the hottest strikers in European football right now, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. 

Dortmund are sixth in the Bundesliga but they have had a knack of doing well in big fixtures, beating Bayern Munich at home last month. Dortmund also have a knack for scoring goals – they’ve got 19 so far in their Champions League campaign, including eight in the ridiculous 8-4 win over Legia Warsaw. 

As tough as this will be for Real Madrid, I think they’ll do it and I’m backing them to do so at 1.85. I do think there will be goals though – and I’m going to go with over 3.5 goals at 2.08