** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend Non-League and FA Trophy 26th November

Darran

Bromley v York
I was debating with myself about whether Bromley were value at 6/5 or not and on balance I think there is just enough in the price to get involved. Bromley are now 4 games unbeaten and only Dover have beaten in them in their last 4 home games, which includes getting a point against Lincoln. I did tip them to go down at the start of the season, but at the moment it does look like they will have enough to stay up, especially as some sides look pretty bad and York have to be one of them. I opposed York on Tuesday and Lincoln beat them with ease 4-1. Obviously Bromley are no Lincoln, but it highlights that Gary Mills really does have his work cut out to keep them in the National League this season. Just to remind you they haven’t won since September 3rd and of course away from home it goes back way further than that. Like I say I wouldn’t chase the price down too much, but 6/5 is enough to tempt me in.

Lincoln v Maidstone and Tranmere v Torquay
I don’t often do short price doubles, but I really do think there is little downside in backing Lincoln and Tranmere in a double that pays around 11/10 with Marathon. Maidstone have only won once in their last 9 matches and have only picked up a point in their last 4 away games. In that spell they have conceded three in three and two in the other match. Lincoln have scored 17 in their last 6 matches and it would be a surprise if they lost this. Torquay’s away form is shocking with a win against Braintree and a draw against Gateshead the only points they have picked up on their travels. Tranmere are playing well at the moment and if they are to win the title it is games like these that they can’t afford not to get 3 points from.

Mickleover Sports v Brackley
Brackley got a late winner for us last week and they look a good bet at 6/5 (Marathon) to make us more profit this weekend. They continue to be in good form and clearly their FA Cup run hasn’t affected their league form. Mickleover Sports have only won three of their last eight league games and they have all come against some of the weakest sides in the division. Brackley should really be odds on and I can see them fancying a bit of a FA Trophy run to go with their FA Cup one.

Stockport v Bradford Park Avenue
Bradford are showing a massive upturn in form of late. Indeed a surprise loss to Stalybridge is the only time they have failed to win in their last five games. The league version of this fixture took place last Saturday and Bradford got a very late goal to take the win 2-1. If it was a fluke then I could understand Bet 365’s price of 3/1 on an away win, but Bradford played well yet again and there clearly isn’t a great deal between the two sides at the moment. The 3/1 has been based on their league position rather than what happened last week or current form and it looks a great value bet.

Ilkeston v Whitby
Long time followers will probably remember that opposing Ilkeston in the final month or so of last season proved very profitable as they had a very young side out. This season they weren’t allowed to play for the first few games of the season because the league wouldn’t allow them, but they have only won 5 of their 17 games. They have a policy of bringing young players through by being a full time club, but they had been mixing it with a few more experienced players. However on Saturday the experienced players were not part of the team and it left them with a very young side out again who were outclassed by Workington. Saturday sees them host current table toppers Whitby. Although Whitby were surprisingly beaten by Grantham on Tuesday night they had previously won their last five games. Ilkeston are a club with quite a few issues and Whitby should win this with ease. Marathon’s 20/23 looks big and I also think it is worth taking Paddy Power’s 5/2 on the -1 handicap