** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League > Nov 26th & 27th

eplratings.jpg.b11de9528023c4c0d799c7d20

Getting these up early this week. Appreciate a few teams will need to play their games today and tomorrow before we can call a judgement on their matches next week but a few intriguing ties this week. Chelsea versus Tottenham is the stand-out tie this week but I also think Manchester United versus West Ham could be a surprise in the entertainment stakes. I thought bar their collapse at the end yesterday the Hammers looked much improved. Just need someone to finish up top. Zaza needs to do better.

@andrewcalo, surely this is the week Bradley gets his first win as Swansea manager! Crystal Palace cannot buy a result at the moment.

@StevieDay1983 I wouldn't be too sure about Swansea. It's true that I didn't see them lately, but I need to say that this Crystal Palace could be dangerous if they will be motivated enough. Attacking part of team is really strong, and if there is still trust in Pardew I think that I will be on opposite site for this fixture. It's true that City was without Stones, with who football looks much nicer, because of his "midfielder" abilities but anyway. They impressed me somehow, and I believe that this team won't lose points that easily.

7 minutes ago, Pep004 said:

@StevieDay1983 I wouldn't be too sure about Swansea. It's true that I didn't see them lately, but I need to say that this Crystal Palace could be dangerous if they will be motivated enough. Attacking part of team is really strong, and if there is still trust in Pardew I think that I will be on opposite site for this fixture. It's true that City was without Stones, with who football looks much nicer, because of his "midfielder" abilities but anyway. They impressed me somehow, and I believe that this team won't lose points that easily.

Interesting thoughts mate. I see where you are coming from. Palace could have grabbed a couple against City on Saturday. They are effective on the counter but Benteke just isn't that prolific finisher they need. I think they need pace in their front man to compliment their fast attacking midfielders.  My gut says Swansea to grab a narrow win. Pardew always has a great start at clubs but then fades as his ideas run out. Will it be different at a club that adores him like Palace? We shall see. Massive game for both teams next week. I am going to be bold and say the loser could well get relegated.

I agree.. I really adore they're wingers, but as you said Benteke is far from decent form. Maybe Pardew should start with Wickham instead of him. It will be a though match but it's true that I would like to see little bit higher odds on CP so I will probably skip it. :)

A quick word on the Swansea V Palace game if anyone's interested. I cannot understand how Palace have managed to loose their last 5 league games as the team is playing extremely well at the momment, the ELO match ratings also reflect this. Their biggest problem at the momment are individual errors and appauling defending from set-pieces which is costing them dear. Pardew keeps changing his centre-back partnership which does not help while I am not the biggest fan of Martin Kelly at LB either.

Swansea performed at lot better at ghost town Goodison last weekend and perhaps there is less pressure on them than Palace as they are already rock bottom of the league but that's the only real advantage I see them having. The logic of 'they're due for a win' doesn't translate well to anyone who takes where they put their money seriously. The AH markets basically have both teams on the +0 line and in my view the game has been priced correctly, therefore no value and no bet.

@Mindfulness I agree with you.. I thought that bookies will put CP as little bit bigger underdogs here, and then I would take them as AH +0,25 for example, but in this situation odds are just not juicy enough and as you said there is no value. 

But there is something what I found interesting.. next match of Crystal Palace will be on 3rd December at home against Southampton and odds for asian +0,25 on Crystal are around 1,83...:$

I think this is the toughest set of fixtures so far this season. The odds always dictate whether you should go with a team or not and everything just seems priced spot on, or top heavy in favour of the teams I like. :sad 

It's time for Leicester to show their CL form and move up the table, but Boro are playing well away from home right now. Don't rule out a shock at Anfield as Sunderland are building momentum and confidence. Watford playing well at home, but Stoke in good form too and I wouldn't back Swansea with stolen money - it's a horrible set of fixtures and circumstances!

On 24/11/2016, 14:49:57, Sir Puntalot said:

I think this is the toughest set of fixtures so far this season. The odds always dictate whether you should go with a team or not and everything just seems priced spot on, or top heavy in favour of the teams I like. :sad 

It's time for Leicester to show their CL form and move up the table, but Boro are playing well away from home right now. Don't rule out a shock at Anfield as Sunderland are building momentum and confidence. Watford playing well at home, but Stoke in good form too and I wouldn't back Swansea with stolen money - it's a horrible set of fixtures and circumstances!

Agree about tough fixtures. I'm thinking of just aiming my bets towards the goals and player markets. Giroud is flying at the moment so backing him to score any time is a decent shout. I also think under 2.5 goals in Leicester versus Middlesbrough is a worthwhile bet. Tempted by over 2.5 goals in the Swansea versus Crystal Palace game as well.

Boys you're nuts! The value this week is through the roof.

I fancy bets on nearly everything:

Burnley v Man City         Double chance 1X
Hull v West Brom            West Brom -1
Leicester v Middlesbrough      Middlesbrough +1
Liverpool v Sunderland      Draw or over 2.5
Swansea v Crystal Palace    Over 2.5
Chelsea v Tottenham     Chelsea win
Watford v Stoke    Watford win
Arsenal v Bournemouth    Double chance X2
Man Utd v West Ham     No bet
Southampton v Everton     Southampton -1

1 hour ago, andrewcalo said:

Cocaine's a hellava drug.

5 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

Bournemouth and Burnley have more chance of getting a blowjob off the Pope. :ok 

Leicester City v Middlesbrough

Leicester City: Islam Slimani (6/3 f, top scorer, doubtful), Daniel Drinkwater (12/0 m, suspended), Kasper Schmeichel (8/0 first goalkeeper), Ben Chilwell (0/0 d), Nampalys Mendy (1/0 m), Yohan Benalouane (0/0 d), Matthew James (0/0 m)

Middlesbrough: Dani Ayala (6/1 d, doubtful), George Friend (10/0 d), James Husband (0/0 d)

Liverpool FC v Sunderland

Liverpool FC: Adam Lallana (11/3 m), Danny Ings (0/0 f), Mamadou Sakho (0/0 d), Joe Gomez (0/0 d), Oluwaseyi Ojo (0/0 m)

Sunderland: Sebastian Larsson (0/0 m, doubtful), Papy Djilobodji (9/0 d, suspended), Paddy McNair (9/0 m), Jack Rodwell (8/0 m), Jan Kirchhoff (4/0 d), Lee Cattermole (2/0 m), Fabio Borini (2/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

leicester has conceded in last five games and i think this middlesbrough can win against them. i don't know why the bookies have put such large odds on away win. middlesbrough have taken point from man city who absolutely battered them all 90 minutes and point against arsenal who also could not break them down. a narrow loss to chelsea a week ago only but they remain very hard to beat. this in my opinion will be win for guests

Difficult set of fixtures this week from a betting perspective, bookies seem to have priced every game about right.

There's one game that's interesting me though and that's Hull v West Brom, or more specifically, it's West Brom.

Hull are really struggling this season and last weeks hammering from Sunderland shows how poor they can be, they don't score many and I think they'll find it difficult to score today against a Tony Pulis side who are always well organised.

West Brom are on good form at the moment and after their 4-0 win last week will be confident of getting a result today.

The bookies have Hull as slight favourites but I don't agree with that and think there's slight value in the away win at 17/10.

I just can't see West Brom losing this, so my bet is West Brom DNB @ 4/5.

West Ham caved in late on at White Hart Lane last weekend, and they are just not as good defensively as they were last season.

Manchester United have issues too, especially in attack, but although they might make hard work of it, I think they will find a way through.

Prediction: 2-1

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38041957