** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

November 21 - November 27

7 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

The Cilic bet above is indeed going to be my final bet of the season, so let's sum things up a bit. Well, it was a very strange season to say the least. Looking at my record, it was perhaps the most streaky of all seasons that I was involved with, I had a tremendously bad run around the French Open and then these last three weeks were also incredibly annoying. On the other hand, there were some great streaks in as well, most notably around the US Open. My biggest regret of the season was not backing Ricardas Berankis against Milos Raonic at a massive price in Basel - I really had a hunch there, but I chickened out with just the overs and was left in some bitter disappointment. The lessons to be learned is that we might be in for some turbulent times in that there will be no Big Four anymore and that things will become somewhat less predictable for the favourites, which should leave some space for value bets on underdogs. I see Raonic getting a Grand Slam win somewhere in the next two years, he's definitely made a lot of progress in 2016 - some mental stuff to fix, as he's still tight in the tough spots, but perhaps it's all about getting that one big breakthrough win and things will start to come together after then. Zverev and Thiem are set to make it big, but they might both still need a year or two.

On the women's side, I think that Angelique Kerber has what it takes to become a very dominant force in the next season or two, she's certainly the most complete player on the scene bar Serena. Not sure what's going to happen with Pliskova, as she's recently fired her coach for some reason and that might not go down too well, wouldn't be a shock to me to see her floating around the no. 20 spot after next year - she has the talent to win a couple of Grand Slams, but somehow I don't think that she's got the same hunger as some of the other competitors. There will be at least one surprising Grand Slam winner in 2017 on the women's side imo - Elina Svitolina is the most conservative guess, with the wilder ones including Naomi Osaka (yep, I do think that she could be the real deal) and Laura Siegemund (changed my mind about her, have to admit).

And, with that, I'd like to wish everyone an enjoyable December and let's hope that we're going to get some exciting tennis action in 2017!

Thanks for everything once again. Really appreciate it all. Wish you and other members here an early Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope to see you all again in exciting 2017.

9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

The Cilic bet above is indeed going to be my final bet of the season, so let's sum things up a bit. Well, it was a very strange season to say the least. Looking at my record, it was perhaps the most streaky of all seasons that I was involved with, I had a tremendously bad run around the French Open and then these last three weeks were also incredibly annoying. On the other hand, there were some great streaks in as well, most notably around the US Open. My biggest regret of the season was not backing Ricardas Berankis against Milos Raonic at a massive price in Basel - I really had a hunch there, but I chickened out with just the overs and was left in some bitter disappointment. The lessons to be learned is that we might be in for some turbulent times in that there will be no Big Four anymore and that things will become somewhat less predictable for the favourites, which should leave some space for value bets on underdogs. I see Raonic getting a Grand Slam win somewhere in the next two years, he's definitely made a lot of progress in 2016 - some mental stuff to fix, as he's still tight in the tough spots, but perhaps it's all about getting that one big breakthrough win and things will start to come together after then. Zverev and Thiem are set to make it big, but they might both still need a year or two.

On the women's side, I think that Angelique Kerber has what it takes to become a very dominant force in the next season or two, she's certainly the most complete player on the scene bar Serena. Not sure what's going to happen with Pliskova, as she's recently fired her coach for some reason and that might not go down too well, wouldn't be a shock to me to see her floating around the no. 20 spot after next year - she has the talent to win a couple of Grand Slams, but somehow I don't think that she's got the same hunger as some of the other competitors. There will be at least one surprising Grand Slam winner in 2017 on the women's side imo - Elina Svitolina is the most conservative guess, with the wilder ones including Naomi Osaka (yep, I do think that she could be the real deal) and Laura Siegemund (changed my mind about her, have to admit).

And, with that, I'd like to wish everyone an enjoyable December and let's hope that we're going to get some exciting tennis action in 2017!

Huge respect for all your insight! This is one of the most interesting sections of the forum. I am always happy to read your opinion, which is very valuable! Wish you good luck for next year. I agree with you about the Final four. It was very interesting to see how Djokovic's form dropped down, when he didn't have the challenges of Nadal and Federer. This is something natural in sports. You need strong rivals to keep yourself strong.

Elie - Dabrowski 2.87 Pinnacle

'These continuation bets often are misjujed and based on emotions on previous winning bets. I am trying to avoid them, but here I made a try to analyse clearly the facts. Elie showed superious skills against good opponents so far in the event. Yesterday she missed 3-4 matchpoints in the second set and I was thinking that she will tilt in the third set, but once again she took a lead 4:0 and 40:15, then her opponent returned to 4:3, but at the end Elie won the match. Dabrowski is very good on doubles, but her way to the final was very easy. Her best opponent was ranked 450. She won in style the semifinal, but here will have far more tough challenge. I still can't understand why the oddsmakers are underestimating Elie, but this is good for us. This match is at least 50/50 IMO, so there is nice value!

Kozlov (-2 games) - Sandgren 2.01 Pinnacle

Kozlov leads 3:0 to Sandgren always covering this handicap. Their last encounter was two tournaments ago, when Kozlov won easy. Now he had easier road to the final playing less sets. Sandgren plays good and showed nice tennis against Laaksonen, but I think here he will have problems.