** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champion of Champions

Mullahoran

Time for a bit of snooker.

I am backing Stuart Bingham to beat Ding at evens tonight with a little also on Bingham giving up -1.5 on the handicaps at 6/4 also.

Bingham has been one of the form players of the year reaching semi's and finals like last week where it took an inspired John Higgins with 3 centuries in the last 3 frame to stop Bingham winning the China championship..

Was a little wary as I fancied him to beat Neil Robertson but dint know if the travelling and jet lag would effect him.  But his performance today  was excellent .

And Ding won a scrappy match that Ali Carter will be disappointed that he dint win.

Bingham also has a very good record v Ding winning the last 7 matches back to 2011 though Ding did win their last match but it was only in 6 reds world champs.

I see no reason why Bingham cant win tonight as the outsider.

Edited by Mullahoran

@MullahoranI was watching Bingham against Higgins in the final last week and as an ex player I can tell you, he was almost playing "too well". As crazy as that sounds, you can be "cueing like an angel" as we used to call it, but it seems only Ronnie can be in that mode and not slip out of it. Losing that match was probably ok for him, and from what I saw he is going to be a big player for the rest of the season, so I'd have to agree with your bet. Higgins also flew out of his box knocking in 3 tons to finish that final off, not much you can do about that.

Am intrigued were you an ex pro Sir Puntalot.

Well unfortunately what I previously worried about Bingham being tired came to fruition against Ding. In the first 4 frames it looked like Bingham was going to cake walk it but after the interval Bingham turned into a different player with tiredness obviously hitting him.

Watching today's action John Higgins played some vintage snooker especially v a inform Judd Trump keeping up his performance that won the China championship last week. He now plays Ding and I think he can beat him too and if he maintains this form he can win back to back trophies.

I have nothing against Ding, I think he is a marvellous player but I don't think he is quite on his game whilst Higgins is playing snooker that has made him one of the all time greats.

Have backed Higgins at 11/10

15 hours ago, Mullahoran said:

Am intrigued were you an ex pro Sir Puntalot.

Well unfortunately what I previously worried about Bingham being tired came to fruition against Ding. In the first 4 frames it looked like Bingham was going to cake walk it but after the interval Bingham turned into a different player with tiredness obviously hitting him.

Watching today's action John Higgins played some vintage snooker especially v a inform Judd Trump keeping up his performance that won the China championship last week. He now plays Ding and I think he can beat him too and if he maintains this form he can win back to back trophies.

I have nothing against Ding, I think he is a marvellous player but I don't think he is quite on his game whilst Higgins is playing snooker that has made him one of the all time greats.

Have backed Higgins at 11/10

Never turned pro, but had around 30-40 centuries, I wasn't good enough. :sad  I did beat Bingham 3-0 21 years ago though (true story). :rollin 

You know I don't think the amount of weight he carries these days helps him. Bingham has worked on his game tirelessly over the years, but you need physical fitness too (especially when you're a quicker player imo) and if he got himself into shape, he'd have more stamina and be able to keep it going, much like Ronnie can, who's probably the fittest player on the tour.

I haven't watched much snooker last few years as it was boring me to tears, but I'm getting back into it now, so hopefully once I catch up with who's who, and who's doing what, I'll get a few bets down and we'll get this section moving. ;) 

On 11/11/2016, 22:48:21, Mullahoran said:

Used to be not a bad player myself though not to your standard sir puntalot with only 2 tons to my name. Higgins won a great match in the final frame to set up a classic match v Ronnie. 

2 tons is still special, make no mistake about that. ;) 

Looks like Higgins is in serious form right now with a 10-7 win over Ronnie - didn't see the match myself though.