** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League > Nov 19th - 21st

eplratings.jpg.7725fd4566470ec5ae26244b3

The next round of Premier League fixtures are not until after the international break but here they are for your viewing. It's very tight at the top and there are some games that I fancy going for here. Will wait to see who survives the international matches unscathed by injury before making a final call.

I am looking forward to Man City take the first half.. I watched a lot of they're matches recently and I need to say that they're 1st halves are in 80% brilliant. In second half they used to have problems, IMO because of mentality and maybe fitness. They're still not as big winners as big would want them to be mentally, while they're running a lot, making high pressure and for that you need to be very good prepared. For example Aguero is running 9,1km in average this year, while in last year his average was 7,8km per game. Odds over 2,00 and I really like them..

what do you think guys?

Edited by Pep004

21 hours ago, Pep004 said:

I am looking forward to Man City take the first half.. I watched a lot of they're matches recently and I need to say that they're 1st halves are in 80% brilliant. In second half they used to have problems, IMO because of mentality and maybe fitness. They're still not as big winners as big would want them to be mentally, while they're running a lot, making high pressure and for that you need to be very good prepared. For example Aguero is running 9,1km in average this year, while in last year his average was 7,8km per game. Odds over 2,00 and I really like them..

what do you think guys?

Man City have been playing better away from home than on their home ground in their last few games. They had a host of chances against Middlesboro at the Ethiad and totally dominated the first half where they should have been two or three goals up at the break. But if you are only one goal down - you will always have a chance and Middlesboro to their credit where a much different beast in the second half. Man City seem to be the type of team that need to win by two clear goals in order to put the game to bed.

They have attacking flair but defense could be stronger, I am not too enamored with Stones or the keeper. Having said that Man City (who have no real injury doubts) ahead of this match should be fired up and will want to end their sequence of three Premiership draws in a row. That is a total of 6 points shipped when they really could have had all 9. Its getting close to that stage of the season where dropping points in such a close race will be detrimental to ones title chance. Simply put, Man City will have way too much for Crystal Palace and I confidently expect them to be winning this game by a 2 or more goals.

Another game I like is Spurs at home to West Ham. Again - Spurs have had a lot of draws and that has been down to the absence of striker Harry Kane. Harry is back to full fitness while West Ham have been nothing like the team of last season. They have lost a good few games by comparison and conceded a lot of goals. Spurs should run out comfortable winners on their home turf.

My Bets:

Man City to win @815 Paddy Power

Spurs to win @8/15 Paddy Power

Double pays 11/8 approx

Edited by PuntersLuck

The one game that is going to be the most interesting is Southampton versus Liverpool. Southampton might have lost their last two matches in the league but they are a side that can spring out a decent performance under Claude Puel. They are missing Tadic after he broke his nose against Wales when playing for Serbia but sometimes these changes can affect the opposition's game plan just as much as the team that suffers the injury loss. This is also the sort of opposition that Klopp's Liverpool dropped points against last season. Liverpool will be sweating on Lallana's fitness after he limped off for England on Tuesday night.

2 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

The one game that is going to be the most interesting is Southampton versus Liverpool. Southampton might have lost their last two matches in the league but they are a side that can spring out a decent performance under Claude Puel. They are missing Tadic after he broke his nose against Wales when playing for Serbia but sometimes these changes can affect the opposition's game plan just as much as the team that suffers the injury loss. This is also the sort of opposition that Klopp's Liverpool dropped points against last season. Liverpool will be sweating on Lallana's fitness after he limped off for England on Tuesday night.

lol Steve you are just itching for a Liverpool loss aren't you?

9 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

The even money being offered on Liverpool is tempting though..hmmm. I might have them in a multiple bet at small stakes but it is a potential banana skin for Liverpool alright. Southampton have improved in their last few games and know how to defend. I can see them parking the bus and opting for the quick counter attacks. This looks to have a draw written all over it if I am being totally honest but a Liverpool win wouldn't be a shock either...nor a sneaky Sothhampton win..arghh.. It is a game I think that I will avoid in the end lol!!!

Edited by PuntersLuck

Crystal Palace - Manchester City

First Half Away -0.50 (AH) @ 2.060 5/10 PINNACLE

Football / Eng. Premier / Kick off: 19 Nov 2016, 16:00

I've been writing about City's performances in first halves and I will take this bet again. It's true that they were poor against Barca in first 40 minutes, but they were better in first match.. But well, it's impossible to compare Crystal and Barca. Crystal Palace is in really poor form recently, loosing 4 matches in a row against opponents like West Ham, Leicester, Liverpool and Burnley. Specially lost against Burnley was something not expected and it looks that Pardew's crew has problems. Some players returned from national duties, but I think that City will be extra motivated to stop playing draws at home. Aguero was used only for 45 minutes in 2 matches for Argentina, so I expect him in starting lineup. Fernando and Kompany still has problems with injuries, same with Delph, while Sagna is slowly coming back and it could be used instead of Zabaleta, who also didn't play against Columbia. Crystal Palace is far from being poor in attack, but they're defence is far from being good. They concede 7 goals in last three matches, and I expect big problems for them specially in first half when City will press them already in they're box. City is 1st in all facts of statistics in PL, but they have problems with realisation. They're draws could finish with 2-3 goals difference, but they are missing too much chances. They need to have lead for 2 goals because lack of discipline, luck and also strong mentality are killing them in last minutes of match. I expect them to press high and take the lead already in first half.

If Liverpool carry their form from before the international break into the game against Southampton there is value in the current price of 2.25.

Southampton kept 3 clean sheets in the league but if you look two were against teams that at that time were woefully out of form and hit with a lot of injuries.

Liverpool are on a great run of winning while conceding - Liverpool win & both teams to score at 4.33 (Bet365) is tempting.

If you think that Southampton could score (4 from 5 home games this season) then it would be better to bet on Liverpool to score 2 or more goals at 2.1 (Coral) or both teams to score at a very tasty 1.7 (Bet365).

*Liverpool have won 7 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).

*Liverpool have been winning at both half time and full time in 6 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).

*There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Liverpool's last 8 games (Premier League).

*Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).

*Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 away matches against Southampton in all competitions.

Manchester United v Arsenal

Manchester United: Marouane Fellaini (9/0 m, doubtful), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (11/6 f, top scorer, suspended), Chris Smalling (7/1 d), Antonio Valencia (9/0 m), Eric Bailly (9/0 d), James Wilson (0/0 f)

Arsenal: Alexis Sánchez (11/6 f, top scorer, probably in), Hector Bellerín (11/0 d), Santi Cazorla (8/2 m), Lucas Perez (3/0 f), Chuba Akpom (0/0 f), Danny Welbeck (0/0 f), Per Mertesacker (0/0 d)

Crystal Palace v Manchester City

Crystal Palace: Lee Chung-Yong (9/0 m), Joe Ledley (9/1 m), Bakary Sako (0/0 m)(all doubtful), Steve Mandanda (9/0 first goalkeeper), Pape Souare (3/0 d), Jonathan Benteke (1/0 f), Loic Remy (0/0 f)

Manchester City: Fernando (5/0 m, doubtful), Fabian Delph (2/0 m), Yaya Touré (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Looking at the posts for the Saints v Liverpool game.

A few things to note.

Southampton have not scored a 1st half goal in any home league game this season.

Liverpool have scored 6 1st half goals in 4 away games. Only PSV Eindhoven and Real Madrid have scored more in the same number of away games. It's Klopp's way, same as Dortmund. Start the game fast and get on the front foot early, hit first !

Early goals make over 2.5 games. 

I would go for the Liverpool win and over 2.5 goals  at odds of 3.75 (bet365)

Edited by neilovan

18 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

582f11c2172d3_ScreenShot2016-11-18at14.3

Watford Win @ 2.88 BetVictor :ok 

This is one that is catching my eye. I hate to sound like a doom merchant but it is all about the Champions League for Leicester right now. They haven't looked as solid as they had last season at the back without Kante's protection and Vardy just isn't getting the goals they relied upon to sneak the wins. Watford are a very dangerous proposition and have snuck under the radar. I couldn't believe it when I saw they were 8th and had only lost 1 of their last 5 matches. The 6-1 defeat to Liverpool will make them or break them but I think they could come out all guns blazing here against a vulnerable Leicester side. BTTS is my preferred bet I think.

On 17/11/2016, 09:00:22, PuntersLuck said:

Man City have been playing better away from home than on their home ground in their last few games. They had a host of chances against Middlesboro at the Ethiad and totally dominated the first half where they should have been two or three goals up at the break. But if you are only one goal down - you will always have a chance and Middlesboro to their credit where a much different beast in the second half. Man City seem to be the type of team that need to win by two clear goals in order to put the game to bed.

They have attacking flair but defense could be stronger, I am not too enamored with Stones or the keeper. Having said that Man City (who have no real injury doubts) ahead of this match should be fired up and will want to end their sequence of three Premiership draws in a row. That is a total of 6 points shipped when they really could have had all 9. Its getting close to that stage of the season where dropping points in such a close race will be detrimental to ones title chance. Simply put, Man City will have way too much for Crystal Palace and I confidently expect them to be winning this game by a 2 or more goals.

Another game I like is Spurs at home to West Ham. Again - Spurs have had a lot of draws and that has been down to the absence of striker Harry Kane. Harry is back to full fitness while West Ham have been nothing like the team of last season. They have lost a good few games by comparison and conceded a lot of goals. Spurs should run out comfortable winners on their home turf.

My Bets:

Man City to win @815 Paddy Power

Spurs to win @8/15 Paddy Power

Double pays 11/8 approx

Boooooom!!! Double lands ..heart in mouth stuff at the end of that Spurs game LOL!!

Not sure how Burnley are going to find an away goal against WBA. Failed to score in three of their last 4 away, losing badly 3 times and fluking a draw at Man United.

All the under goal type bets look good here.

Under 2.5 goals, probably 0-0 HT, WBA to win to NIL and WBA WIN and under 2.5 goals ( versus WBA win 1-0 or 2-0)

• 2 weeks later...