** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Comp - Friday Nov 4th

Newcastle 6.20 Margaret's Mission @ 7/1 bet365 win thanks

Margaret's Mission....from Jim Goldie yard he makes the short trip over the border to Newcastle, The 5yo has won 2 times from 4 runs at Newcastle but that was on the old turf track those wins ,

She is having his 2nd run here on AW at the track after finishing 5th over 7f back in July when she was reluctant to enter stalls and was soon well behind but headway over 1f out she was running on well final furlong,

Jim has a AW stiff uphill gallop at his base in Uplawmoor and will have worked her well and ready and the extra furlong and good start this time could pay dividends with young Lewis Edmunds claiming 7lbs which sees her down to her last winning mark of 76

Warw 1.25 - Silvergrove - win at 5/4 bog wm hill

Novice hurdle for stayers

My selection has had a previous go at hurdling without success in 6 races. However that was back in 2014 and since then he's improved a lot since sent chasing. His rating has gone up two and half stones since he last ran over hurdles

Would have won first time out last season but the saddle slipped and the rider fell off near the finish

Main concern is the ground as he does seem best on soft but as long as there's no 'firm' in i then good ground should be OK. He finished 3rd on good ground at the Cheltenham Festival this year

My main worry ids that they're popping him over hurdles as a prep run for a staying chase in the next few weeks and that he might not be given a hard time. However I think he's got something in hand here and could win even if not fully tuned up

5.20 Newcastle

Really competitive racing at Newcastle tonight, Sir Jack is probably one of the least exposed runners in any of the handicaps tonight. He has only run 4 times and appeared to take a huge step forward last time out at Leicester in a claimer when he ran well above is current opening mark of 50. He is due to go up 10lb for that run so needs to exploit his mark tonight on his first handicap run. Looks well worth a step up in trip having finished strongly. Slight concern is the yard are a bit quiet at present but not had many runners by their standard.

1pt win Sir Jack 6/1 SJ

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Warw 1.25 - Silvergrove - win at 5/4 bog wm hill

Novice hurdle for stayers

My selection has had a previous go at hurdling without success in 6 races. However that was back in 2014 and since then he's improved a lot since sent chasing. His rating has gone up two and half stones since he last ran over hurdles

Would have won first time out last season but the saddle slipped and the rider fell off near the finish

Main concern is the ground as he does seem best on soft but as long as there's no 'firm' in i then good ground should be OK. He finished 3rd on good ground at the Cheltenham Festival this year

My main worry ids that they're popping him over hurdles as a prep run for a staying chase in the next few weeks and that he might not be given a hard time. However I think he's got something in hand here and could win even if not fully tuned up

Interesting pick Trotter, I've actually had an antepost bet on this one for the National at 80/1 and forgot he was running today. I backed it for the National after reading an article on Sporting Life which mentioned the trainer is aiming him at the National. As you say this will probably be a prep run before probably going for Becher Chase and then put him away to protect his handicap mark. I will watch with interest today! Good luck.

First selection a non runner........seems to be a lot at Warwick today including most of the better horses. The ground has gone to good, good to firm in places which probably accounts for the withdrawals

Go for this one instead....

Font 2.10 - Mystic Sky = win at 2/1 bog wm hill 

Mares handicap hurdle

My selection won an Intermediate race at at Market Rasen last time out, She was getting weight from a couple of 125 rated horses but beat them by double figure lengths so on that she look OK off 122

handles good ground and the trainer does get the odd first time out winner

Culture de Sivola looks the main danger dropping in class