** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Nov 22nd & 23rd

champsleague1.jpg.44338e1c577491fff9789b

It is looking a bit better for some British teams than others. Leicester, Arsenal, and Manchester City have either qualified for the last 16 or are in a prime position to do so. Tottenham and Celtic have it all to do though. Can Pochettino's men turn it around? Can Rodgers somehow turn it around for Celtic? They will be hoping to at least snatch a Europa League spot in 3rd place.

• 3 weeks later...

@vasilli07 don't forget on weather prognosis if tipping Leverkusen. It can be tricky, and odds on Bayer are pretty low IMO.

It's interesting to see Juventus on those odds. They need to grab a win if they want to avoid 1st placed teams. Odds on Real Madrid are prety high also, and they are also 2 points behind BVB..

It's always interesting to see odds on City for me, specially 1st half market.. Wth Yaya in Premier league they will have one fresh player more for Champions league, which could be crucial fact for English tempo. BVB will try to attack, they often play with 3 defenders but that could be suicide against City. 

Edited by Pep004

I doubt weather will play a big part in European games. Russian and Ukrainian clubs also struggle in the winter against quality team. Most clubs also have undersoil heating installed in the stadium so that the pitch is not really affected. I will only look at weather in North or South American games where heat and humidity will be a factor.

Sporting Lisbon - Real Madrid

Full Event Away -0.75 (AH) @ 1.781

6/10 PINNACLE

Football / Champions L / Kick off: 22 Nov 2016, 20:45

Match between second and third team in the group. It's clear that Real will be at least 2nd in the group, but Sporting and Legia will fight for 3rd spot and Q for Liga Europe. Sporting is 2 points ahead of Legia, and almost for sure draw against Poland team will be enough for they're 3rd spot. Sporting has nothing to lose in this match. They are coming in it after 5-1 win in cup but opponent was from 3rd Portuguese league, so... Good news for Sporting is that Jefferson is coming back after injury, but he will probably sit out the fixture against Real Madrid. Spalvis, Petrovic and Paulista remains on injury list as well. They lost in Dortmund just 1-0, and they were also in really good position for almost 90 minutes on Santiago Bernabeu. Real Madrid is coming to Champions league game after magnificent win on El Madrileño. That things are even more perfect CR scored hattrick and when he is happy, Madrid is happy. Morale is high, they are 4 points in front of Barcelona in La Liga, and if they scored 3 goals on Vicente Calderon to one of best defensive teams in the world, then they can score 3 goals against Sporting as well. It's still unsure if Ramos will come back to team or not, but "youngsters" Nacho and Varane looked solid against Atletico and are not my concern. Real will play with they're style. Not with too much of possession, but with direct play. With Modrić back, they have they're midfield maestro back, and with Ronaldo and Bale in form, they looks great. They're coming to this match after best performance this season, they are trying to catch BVB to finish on 1st place, and I believe that they will leave Portugal with win.

Borussia Dortmund v Legia Warszawa

Borussia Dortmund: Schmelzer, Durm (0/0 d), Guerreiro (8/2 d) (all doubtful), Subotić (0/0 d), Bender (0/0 m), Bürki (10/0 first goalkeeper)

Legia Warszawa: Hämäläinen (12/2 m), Moulin (14/0 m)

FC København v FC Porto

FC København: Boilesen (0/0 d), Amankwaa (5/0 m), Santander (15/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Cornelius (14/6 f, top scorer)

FC Porto: Ruben Neves (7/0 m), Layún (10/0 d), Brahimi (5/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Borussia Monchengladbach - Manchester City

Full Event Away -1.00 (AH) @ 2.450 3/10 PINNACLE

Football / Champions L / Kick off: 23 Nov 2016, 20:45

Match between 2nd and 3rd placed team in group C. Gladbach with 3 points less must win the match, otherwise they will be without chances, because they're last match in the group will be on the Camp Nou. Gladbach's form is disaster. They're on 13th place of Bundesliga, with just 11 goals scored on 11 matches. That's not something what was expected of them in start of the season. Schubert is still missing lots of players - Drmić, Dominguez, Doucoure, Schulz, Hermann, and because of red card against Celtic, he will be also without Korb. Some players came back to squad, but they're performance is far from wanted and in last league match they lost at home against Koln (1-2), so the atmosphere in the club is far from decent. Manchester City played one of the worst if not the worst match this week against Crystal Palace, but they won 1-2. Stones and Gundogan were rested, also Silva started on bench. Saviour of Citizens was Yaya Toure, who is back in the squad. That means only good things for City, because legs of some important players will be fresher. I believe that Stones and Gundo will be back in first eleven, and even if they won against Barca, they can not lose in Germany, because things will get complicated. If Barca win in Scotland, and City fail against Gladbach, Barca will be able to afford to play with reserves in last match and who knows.. maybe Gladbach can beat them on Camp Nou? I believe that Guardiola won't let anything to coincidence. City played bad agains Crystal Palace, and they know that. Guardiola said that matches like this happens during season, but if they will play like this, they will be far away from being the best. Gladbach likes to play aggressive, to push higher, to make pressing, but against City that could be a suicide. I think that City provides more quality and they will prove that on the pitch. Also form is concretely on they're side. My logic here is that after being behind, Gladbach will try to score and attack even harder and because of that City will have lots of space for counter-attacks, so they will have 2-3 100% chances after that and I believe that they will score at least once more.

A few bets are taking my fancy in tonight's Champions League action.

Leicester to win to nil. They have yet to concede a goal in the tournament so far and a home match against a side that has only scored 1 goal in their 4 group games so far is destined for a clean sheet outcome!

I think Tottenham can get a win against Monaco. My head is saying 1-1 or 0-0 but my heart is backing Spurs to do the business and take qualification to the last game.

I'm also thinking a Borussia Dortmund +2 European Handicap against Legia Warsaw. They beat them 6-0 away last time out so a home tie should result in another comfortable win. I would also back Aubameyang to score any time here.

Sporting Lisbon v Real Madrid

Cristian Ronaldo scored a superb hat trick against fierce rivals Atletico Madrid and answered his critics in the process. Real Madrid now sit 4 points ahead of Barcelona and 9 ahead of Atletico in La Liga. Real and Ronaldo will be brimming with confidence going into this match and that spells bad news for his old club. Sporting Lisbon gave Real Madrid a fright when they were ahead at the Bernebeu, only to concede twice in the last two minutes of the game. It was Sporting's first loss of the season and they've struggled to find much consistency since. I fancy an in form Real Madrid to win this game by a couple of goals.

My Bet: Real Madrid -1 @6/4 Paddy Power

Borrusia Dortmund v Legia Warsaw

Again another great victory for this hosts against Bayern Munich over the weekend kept them in touch with surprise leaders RB Leipzig and only 3 points behind their chief rivals- Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga over the weekend. I watched that game and was impressed with Borrusia Dortmund's resilience and defending. The match wasn't the prettiest to watch but Dortmund really hassled and frustrated their opponents and allowed them very few opportunities in front of goal. Legia meanwhile got a shock 3-3 draw against Real Madrid on home turf a few of weeks ago. Real Madrid dominated the game and were profligate in front goal themselves but Legia to their credit took their chances well. I felt that Real Madrid were not firing on all cylinders in that game and were too complacent. Maybe they thought they only had to turn up and stroll through the game. Furthermore, Dortmund already thrashed these rivals 6-0 when they met last September and a similar score line tonight would not surprise. I see this being a straight forward victory for the hosts but the win odds are ridiculously short so for value I have opted for Borrussia Dortmund to win without conceding. If they can keep Bayern out then they should have no problem doing the same against vastly inferior opponents not to mention that they have already done so in Warsaw last September.

My bet: Borrussia Dortmund to beat Legis Warsaw to nil @ 10/11 Paddy Power

Doubly pays a little over 9/2.

Edited by PuntersLuck

FK Rostov v Bayern München

FK Rostov: Dzhanaev (12/0 first goalkeeper), Mevlja (9/0 d) (both doubtful)

Bayern München: Neuer (11/0 first goalkeeper), Vidal (9/1 m), Martínez (8/0 m), Coman (6/0 f), Robben (6/3 m)

Arsenal v Paris St. Germain

Arsenal: Walcott (11/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Ramsey (4/0 m)(both probably in), Bellerín (11/0 d), Debuchy (0/0 d), Mertesacker (0/0 d), Cazorla (8/2 m), Pérez (3/0 f), Welbeck (0/0 f), Akpom (0/0 f)

Paris St. Germain: Aréola (7/0 g, probably in), Di María (12/1 m, doubtful), Kurzawa (6/2 d), Pastore (5/0 m), Rabiot (11/1 m), Aurier (7/0 d, visa problems)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

It's worth chasing the BTTS-Yes option the game between Atletico and PSV tonight.Their last 3 H2H meetings have all benn low scoring but the circumstances now are much changed.Atletico have never been that shaky and vulnerable under Simeone and both teams should go for the 3 points today.Gameiro should start upfront instead of Torre which is a bonus nowadays and i feel we have a better chance to see bth teams finding the back of the net for a change.BTTS-Yes @ 2.25 with bet365

Ludogorets Basel is another fixture where goals are likely to be seen.Both teams will no doubt start rather cautiously but during the game they will loose it a bit because 0:0 is far from appaling for our team.Basel have Seren Die out which is a massive blow for them and we must overcome the midfield if we are to win the game.If we can do it,is a totally different animal but still that's bigger than a CL final for us.Neither Ludogorets nor Basel are teams who will just sit back and think about it so i will follow the trend which has proved profitable and bet on goals in the Ludogorets match with odds rather attractive to me.BTTS-Yes @ 1.80 with bet365

I had mixed fortunes last night. Well done to anyone that had Dortmund and Legia Warsaw at +11.5 goals! Haha.

A lot of the competition's top scorers are in action tonight so tempted by an anytime scorer accumulator. Messi, Cavani, Lewandowski, and Milik are my four shouts. I also want to get a bit patriotic and back Arsenal, Man City, and Celtic to all win but have a feeling Celtic might let me down... but they have beaten Barcelona at home twice before in European competition since 2004!

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I had mixed fortunes last night. Well done to anyone that had Dortmund and Legia Warsaw at +11.5 goals! Haha.

A lot of the competition's top scorers are in action tonight so tempted by an anytime scorer accumulator. Messi, Cavani, Lewandowski, and Milik are my four shouts. I also want to get a bit patriotic and back Arsenal, Man City, and Celtic to all win but have a feeling Celtic might let me down... but they have beaten Barcelona at home twice before in European competition since 2004!

I can't see Celtic getting anything.

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

might be a bit difficult to win this one since Milik has just started running after the operation

14 minutes ago, exscilh said:

might be a bit difficult to win this one since Milik has just started running after the operation

Ah yes, forgot he was still out. For some reason I had it in my head he was back. Think the international break has confused me a bit. Tempted to shove an Arsenal player in there instead. Giroud to score perhaps?

@StevieDay1983 You can put Mertens instead of Milik. :) 

@Simeon Borisof I like your way of thinking about Atletico's game. I wrote few things about them in Spain League topic,.. But if I am calculating the chances 2,25 means around 44% for BTS and 56% against, which is slightly correct IMO. I think that bookmakers are not naive and they can see that things are somehow changing.. Atletico had lots of problems with PSV last year, and IMO they won't be too shy on Vicente Calderon. But as I said, I think that odds are settled correctly here..

Marcelinho is doubtful for tonight.He is the most important player nowadays and without him Ludogorets lack creativity,,,badly.Odds on Basel keep rising and i suppose it's due to the fact that Die won't play but i am sure Basel are the value play here if Marcelinho is confirmed out.It is sure thing that he is not 100% fit but i suppose he might be risked and start the game given its importance.Anyway,aside of my BTTS-Yes bet i will be on Basel DNB @ 2.15 and 1:2 Correct Score @ 10.50 all with bet365

1 hour ago, Pep004 said:

@StevieDay1983 You can put Mertens instead of Milik. :) 

@Simeon Borisof I like your way of thinking about Atletico's game. I wrote few things about them in Spain League topic,.. But if I am calculating the chances 2,25 means around 44% for BTS and 56% against, which is slightly correct IMO. I think that bookmakers are not naive and they can see that things are somehow changing.. Atletico had lots of problems with PSV last year, and IMO they won't be too shy on Vicente Calderon. But as I said, I think that odds are settled correctly here..

That is a great shout actually! Cheers Pep! :ok