** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Nov 4th - 6th

I know the ratings don't agree, but Leeds are a big price this weekend as Norwich seem to have lost the plot a little. This is another example of why the ratings can only be a guide, and you have to do your research on top.

Leeds anywhere around 5.00 is crazy considering how solid they appear to be right now. Norwich are still attacking at will, but have they been found out and just getting sucker punched?

On 31/10/2016, 10:21:17, Sir Puntalot said:

I know the ratings don't agree, but Leeds are a big price this weekend as Norwich seem to have lost the plot a little. This is another example of why the ratings can only be a guide, and you have to do your research on top.

Leeds anywhere around 5.00 is crazy considering how solid they appear to be right now. Norwich are still attacking at will, but have they been found out and just getting sucker punched?

Norwich seem to be making errors every week now that are being punished. The footage from the Brighton is horrific from a defensive point of view. You'd have to say Leeds have a chance here, even Rotherham managed to score at Carrow Road the other week.

On 31/10/2016, 10:21:17, Sir Puntalot said:

Leeds are improving massively under Monk... which pains me to say because I'm not the biggest Leeds fan and I find Monk to be really self-righteous at the best of times. They have only lost two of their last nine league matches and are up to 9th in the table and just 1 point off the play-offs. If I was a Leeds fan I would be getting very excited about now. A good result against Norwich this weekend could well put the cat amongst the pigeons in the promotion hunt.

First price that sticks out at me is Preston at 13/10 at Rotherham. Rotherham have shown signs of improvement under Jackett but they've yet to win under him, they nearly did last week against the dour and hopelessly poor Ipswich but no doubt, Preston are a decent side, especially from set plays. I think they are worth taking today but equally say Rotherham at 2/1 are worth taking too but I do think Preston will win this one narrowly.

I know we got tonked 5-0 last week but I do think we (glad Fulham beat Brentford last night to back up their thrashing of us), Huddersfield 11/10 are worth taking today. Birmingham are really no great shakes at all, their away record is nothing to write home about but our home record is second to none, we've only dropped 3 points at home all season and despite us being shakey overall of late but I do think we are a way better team than Birmingham man for man.

Finally to top of this speculative treble, I must say I do fancy Leeds today, no doubt Norwich are a decent team but they don't half ship some goals and seem very very fragile defensively. Leeds may look to clobber them on the break and capitalise on any errors Norwich produce defensively. The two did play out a 2-2 draw at Elland Road a couple of weeks ago in the League Cup so Leeds know they can score against them.

Preston North End 13/10, Huddersfield 11/10 and Leeds 3/1 pays an attractive 18/1

Low stakes on this though, won't be going mad on it.

5 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

First price that sticks out at me is Preston at 13/10 at Rotherham. Rotherham have shown signs of improvement under Jackett but they've yet to win under him, they nearly did last week against the dour and hopelessly poor Ipswich but no doubt, Preston are a decent side, especially from set plays. I think they are worth taking today but equally say Rotherham at 2/1 are worth taking too but I do think Preston will win this one narrowly.

I know we got tonked 5-0 last week but I do think we (glad Fulham beat Brentford last night to back up their thrashing of us), Huddersfield 11/10 are worth taking today. Birmingham are really no great shakes at all, their away record is nothing to write home about but our home record is second to none, we've only dropped 3 points at home all season and despite us being shakey overall of late but I do think we are a way better team than Birmingham man for man.

Finally to top of this speculative treble, I must say I do fancy Leeds today, no doubt Norwich are a decent team but they don't half ship some goals and seem very very fragile defensively. Leeds may look to clobber them on the break and capitalise on any errors Norwich produce defensively. The two did play out a 2-2 draw at Elland Road a couple of weeks ago in the League Cup so Leeds know they can score against them.

Preston North End 13/10, Huddersfield 11/10 and Leeds 3/1 pays an attractive 18/1

Low stakes on this though, won't be going mad on it.

I was cheering this on for you - unlucky. :puke 
Totally missed the Preston bet, don't know how, but we had it right with Leeds. Always good to know you're reading the form right, even if you don't win. :ok 

1 hour ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I was cheering this on for you - unlucky. :puke 
Totally missed the Preston bet, don't know how, but we had it right with Leeds. Always good to know you're reading the form right, even if you don't win. :ok 

God I know....I was right about Birmingham they are nothing to write home about scored from the only chance today. I heard Leeds were winning and we had just taken the lead, with Preston in the bag....but alas not to be.