** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League > Nov 5th & 6th

premierleaguenov.jpg.de1766f464a3d725ac9

The ratings for this round of fixtures will be available shortly.

Burnley at 2.90 at home to Crystal Palace looks a great price. The Clarets will be buzzing after that dogged 0-0 draw with Manchester United and the Eagles will not be keen to head up to Turf Moor where Burnley have proven they are a game for anyone. Swansea at 6.00 at home to Manchester United as well. United are struggling to find that cutting edge and their record at the Liberty Stadium is not the best. @andrewcalo, you're the man to ask about that game!

On 31/10/2016, 04:45:16, mrclubbie said:

Can see quite a number of home teams are favourites to win. I will be wary of that.

Yeah, I am wary of a few of them. Burnley versus Crystal Palace, West Ham versus Stoke, and Leicester versus West Brom are the three I really can't quite decide on yet. Think I will have to avoid the outright markets for these and focus on goals scored or the player markets. Allen to score anytime seems a decent call. Allen to win man of the match as well at the moment. The guy is on fire!

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, I am wary of a few of them. Burnley versus Crystal Palace, West Ham versus Stoke, and Leicester versus West Brom are the three I really can't quite decide on yet. Think I will have to avoid the outright markets for these and focus on goals scored or the player markets. Allen to score anytime seems a decent call. Allen to win man of the match as well at the moment. The guy is on fire!

How about a Swansea upset :loon

Liverpool, Leicester potential overs

58 minutes ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I know how poor Sunderland are, but I don't see how Bournemouth should be as low as 1.60 against any Premier League team, all the pressure on Bournemouth - could be a chance for Sunderland to surprise?

I agree with you. I will probably be on Sunderland if their asian handicap goes to +1.25 or 1.5.

39 minutes ago, Sir Puntalot said:

581c93896b8dd_ScreenShot2016-11-04at13.5

Swansea Double Chance (Win or Draw) @ 2.15 Bet365

It's a tough one. Part of me is thinking that Bob Bradley was the wrong appointment and they are on a one-track route the Championship but you can never tell. I still think their biggest issue is replacing the leadership of Williams. Nobody seems willing to stand up. I think Mourinho will shove a rocket up United's arse as well so I'm tempted to actually go United at a -1 handicap. Call me crazy!

On 11/1/2016, 4:05:34, andrewcalo said:

No chance of a Swansea upset. Swansea are playing shit atm.

Quite funny, because Man United are definitely not pulling up trees. Europa league game was as boring as watching paint dry.

Mourinho just seems so flat, dour, sad. All well to blame the players, but needs to pull his head outta his:spank and show people why he earns the big bucks.

No shots on goal until the 80th minute, sideways backwards movement, against a very average Fenerbache team.

How do you play a whole game in front of your opposition. Rooney and Zlantan are past their sell by dates.

Two defenders in Blind and Rojo that are basically Championship standard. 

United are so awful at the moment, with horrid away form.   Swansea definitely are not dead and buried in this game. 

Edited by neilovan

7 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I know how poor Sunderland are, but I don't see how Bournemouth should be as low as 1.60 against any Premier League team, all the pressure on Bournemouth - could be a chance for Sunderland to surprise?

I watched the Sunderland v Arsenal game and Sunderland actually played pretty well, to the point of their equalizer. Call me insane, but I definitely saw an improvement there. Maybe they were so bad before, that they look better now.  They played decently for 50 minutes in the middle of the  game. Then Arsenal scored their second and it was over. I don't think you see a 6-1 game here, more like a 0-0 1-0 0-1 game.  

West Ham v Stoke City

West Ham: Winston Reid (9/1 d, suspended), Andy Carroll (1/0 f), Arthur Masuaku (5/0 d), Sam Byram (5/0 d), Gokhan Töre (5/0 m), Diafra Sakho (0/0 f)

Stoke City: Xherdan Shaqiri (6/3 m, 2nd top scorer, doubtful), Marko Arnautovic (10/1 f, suspended), Geoff Cameron (7/0 d), Glen Johnson (3/0 d), Jack Butland (0/0 g), Stephen Ireland (0/0 m), Ibrahim Afellay (0/0 m)

Chelsea FC v Everton FC

Chelsea FC: Kurt Zouma (0/0 d), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m), Cesc Fàbregas (4/0 m)

Everton FC: Idrissa Gueye (10/0 m, suspended), Arouna Kone (3/0 f), Leighton Baines (5/0 d), James McCarthy (3/0 m), Oumar Niasse (0/0 f), Muhamed Bešić (0/0 d), Tyias Browning (0/0 d), Matthew Pennington (0/0 d), Darron Gibson (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Man U have a management problem (players have little time for any of the recent three - remember Mourinho came from a terrible run with Chelsea) and combined with a Chairman with more money than (footballing) sense, it is a recipe for disaster.

Swansea's biggest problem is the lack of leadership, exactly Steve, I can tell you right now Williams was our backbone, and he cleared out because he didn't like the takeover and was sick and tired of putting in the shifts match after match. 

Without him we are suffering badly. Talk between the fans is that Bradley is inexperienced in this league and out lack of business in the Summer together with selling some of our best players has really damaged us.

I predict a scrappy match tomorrow, and am not prepared to bet on any result, apart from maybe over 2.5 goals.

"Swansea may have won only one – the first – of their 10 league games, but they can at least cling to their recent record against United: the last four matches have finished 2-1, with the Swans winning three of them. And if their new manager, Bob Bradley, had no direct experience of any of those games, they at least will have a manager: José Mourinho serves a touchline ban as a result of his half-time ranting at Mark Clattenburg during last week’s home draw with Burnley. In the month since his appointment Bradley has had time to analyse his squad, and the assessment he delivered on Thursday appeared worrying: “On the surface, the group does a good job with everything,” he said. “But in games, situations develop quickly and the ability to recognise situations, smell danger, react, make plays in moments that really count, that is, for me, the area missing the most.” It is a fairly crucial area to be deficient in, though one that Mourinho’s United appears equally troubled by. Against Burnley last week they had 72% of possession but drew; against Stoke in their previous Premier League home game they had 67% and drew again; against Fenerbahce on Thursday they had 65% of possession, allowing the Turkish side just two shots on target, and lost. This match will be won by the side that overcomes recent issues to master those pesky “moments that really count”"

From https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/04/premier-league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

16 hours ago, neilovan said:

Quite funny, because Man United are definitely not pulling up trees. Europa league game was as boring as watching paint dry.

Mourinho just seems so flat, dour, sad. All well to blame the players, but needs to pull his head outta his:spank and show people why he earns the big bucks.

No shots on goal until the 80th minute, sideways backwards movement, against a very average Fenerbache team.

How do you play a whole game in front of your opposition. Rooney and Zlantan are past their sell by dates.

Two defenders in Blind and Rojo that are basically Championship standard. 

United are so awful at the moment, with horrid away form.   Swansea definitely are not dead and buried in this game. 

I agree about Mourinho. Something has changed over the last 18 months in his demeanour. I'm not sure if other managers have just worked him out and word has got around or if he's just lost that spark of enthusiasm. I think Chelsea left a sour taste because he was always a legend there but his departure was not pleasant so I think that's left a mark on him. I still think the transfer policy under Moyes and Van Gaal was a shambles. Trophy-winning sides are built from the back. United for the past 3-4 seasons since Sir Alex Ferguson left have just looked to sign marquee players and put no thought into how they will gel. They remind me of what Real Madrid were like with the Galacticos, except with less-talented players and even less balance!

I still think over time Mourinho should get it right but he might need 2-3 seasons. I still think Swansea are in even more trouble and United should seal a solid win.

19 minutes ago, vasilli07 said:

Anyone like Southampton tomorrow? Hull is in free fall and conceding goals like a leaking tap. Odds is pretty decent as well.

I dont know about Saints away. All away games are difficult. I think they will keep a clean sheet though, and would be betting NO to both teams to score or under 2.5 goals.

Burnley at home to Palace is the standout value bet for me.  Palace have not won a game since Benteke got injured and they are pretty toothless in attack without him.   Sako, Benteke, Remiy are all out. Last three games Palace have had to rely on players from midfield to score their goals. Burnley have made their home ground a hard place to visit.

I think Burnley will stifle palace and will win a low scoring affair 1-0 2-0

1 hour ago, dogmeister said:

Burnley at home to Palace is the standout value bet for me.  Palace have not won a game since Benteke got injured and they are pretty toothless in attack without him.   Sako, Benteke, Remiy are all out. Last three games Palace have had to rely on players from midfield to score their goals. Burnley have made their home ground a hard place to visit.

I think Burnley will stifle palace and will win a low scoring affair 1-0 2-0

Benteke isn´t injured. He´s starting today, think you mean Jonathan Benteke!?

But i´m also on Burnley AHC0 and Both2Score.