Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
BillyHills

Mexican Grand Prix

Mexico GP

With only last years race to go on as far as the stats are concerned the Mexican Grand Prix is a bit of guessing game compared to most.

Rosberg led from pole for the majority of the race last year and i wouldn't expect anything too dissimilar from Lewis Hamilton this time round. Hamilton looks totally dominant this week and thats probably down in some part to Rosberg not taking any chances whatsoever in his bid to hang on to his lead in the championship.

Rosberg only needs to follow Hamilton home in the last 3 races to clinch the title and the bookies (Skybet) make him 4/11 to do it. For those hoping for a miracle Hamilton is 12/5 with Paddy Power.

Hamilton is 1/2 with Betfred to win on Sunday so nothing like the value he was last week in the States. I reckon he will win alright but i'm not a taker at those odds.

Ferrari were expected to be quick here this week but instead start 6th and 7th but i fancy taking a punt on Vettel who starts on the Soft tyre to get on the podium ahead of the Red Bulls who are taking a chance by starting on the Supersoft tyre, i dont think they will last long at all and Vettel could take advantage as long as he gets a decent start. He's 33/1 to win the race and 11/4 to finish in the first three, i reckon thats fair enough in a race lacking in value.

My other bet is on Valtteri Bottas to finish in the top six. Its another risky bet but i just think this week is worth going against the grain a little bit. Bottas has Hulkenberg in front of him who has been a bit unpredictable and i'm not sure that Kimi Raikonnen is too happy with his car either so there could be a top 6 slot going begging.

Selections:

S.Vettel Top 3 : 11/4 Skybet

V.Bottas Top 6 : 11/8 Skybet

Under 18.5 Finishers : 8/11 Ladbrokes