** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Following the money?

Ok, so I've never actually tracked the stats myself but now and again if i have a few quid in my 365 account i will watch the market movement 5 minutes before the race starts and simply just follow the money, and a fair few times it has come off but have never tracked if I've actually made money doing this method. Don't suppose anyway else follows the money and if they have a spreadsheet or track there results doing so? would be interesting to hear if anyone does this.

On 10/27/2016, 5:42:11, wardysufc said:

Ok, so I've never actually tracked the stats myself but now and again if i have a few quid in my 365 account i will watch the market movement 5 minutes before the race starts and simply just follow the money, and a fair few times it has come off but have never tracked if I've actually made money doing this method. Don't suppose anyway else follows the money and if they have a spreadsheet or track there results doing so? would be interesting to hear if anyone does this.

Well if you're beating the Betfair SP you might have a chance of making some money as that value is the most accurate measure of a horse's true chance of winning. However following the money to select a horse that is going to shorten further doesn't sound like a very effective method. Especially when industry prices will already be shorter than the exchange markets close to the off so it will be incredibly hard to tell if the horse will shorten further. I doubt this method would be profitable in the long run but you could give it a go.