** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro League > October

Greed

Zalgiris Kaunas - Baskonia (21/10/2016)

Second round in the Euroleague. Zalgiris lost their first match in Athens against Panathinaikos. Nonetheless I was reasonably happy with our performance. Lithuanian team has big potencial and PAO barely won the game in the last moments of the match.  After the game coach Saras was disappointed and gave big speech for his players about Champion' mentality, fighting and winning. He truly sees the potencial of this team just like fans do.

From all the interviews I can see that players understood Saras message and they have big desire to fight and prove themselves.

I am not gonna bet on the winner of this game as Zalgiris defense is still horrible and I don't have enough information on Baskonia. But what I do think is gonna happen: Zalgiris will start the game with big motivation, first EL home game, big crowd support (possibly 15.000 people), players are eager to show everyone champion' mentality. They will stun Baskonia. So my main bet is this:

Zalgiris to win first Quarter @ 1.75 WilliamHill 8/10

They have what it takes to win the game, but they still need more time together. They are lacking communication in defense so it might be hard to keep the score all 40 minutes.

Athens
For the first time in the regular season of Eyroligka, the groups are asked to give two races within four days. Specifically, tomorrow (25/10) and the day after tomorrow (26/10), the third day of the event will take place, and Thursday (27/10) Friday (28/10) the fourth race.

Olympiakos who almost Saturday to fall victim huge surprise to A1 in an away game against Doxa Lefkada, which won thanks to cart Eric Green in the last seconds of the game (95-94), receive tomorrow (25/10, 21 15) Armani Milan, the second consecutive home game in the competition for Olympiacos.

A day after the champions Greece will depart for Spain, since Thursday (27/10, 22:00) will compete in Vitoria with Baskonia for the 4th day of the Euroleague.

O Panathinaikos, though lined with official coach (en the Vovora George) in the match against CSKA Moscow in the second race, he managed to be highly competitive and lose the details ... (81-77) match with the European champions.

The "clover" Wednesday (26/10, 21:00), with Xavi Pascual make his debut on the team bench, will face Bamberg Nikos Zisis in Germany for the third day of the tournament. Then the "Greens" will return to "base" them, after following the fight with Red Star Stadium on Friday (28/10, 21:15), in the fourth race of the Euroleague.

Detailed program of 3 (25-26 / 10) and fourth (27-28 / 10) racing of Euroleague:

3rd RACE:

Tuesday, 25/10

Unics Kazan (Russia) -Ntarousafaka (Turkey)

Anadolu Efes (Turkey) -TSSKA Moscow (Russia)

Olympiakos (GREECE) -Armani Milan (Italy) 21:00

Real Madrid (Spain) -Mpaskonia (Spain)

Wednesday, 26/10

Red Star (Serbia) -Mpartselona (Spain)

Fenerbahce (Turkey) -Zalgkiris Kaunas (Lithuania)

Bamberg (Germany) -PANATHINAIKOS (GREECE) 21:00

Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) -Galatasarai (Turkey)

4th RACE:

Thursday, 27/10

CSKA Moscow (Russia) -Ounix Kazan (Russia)

Ntarousafaka (Turkey) -Anantolou Efes (Turkey)

Armani Milan (Italy) -Real Madrid (Spain)

Baskonia (Spain) - Olympiakos (GREECE) 22:00

Friday, 28/10

Galatasaray (Turkey) -Fenermpachtse (Turkey)

Zalgiris Kaunas (Lithuania) -Makampi Tel Aviv (Israel)

PANATHINAIKOS (GREECE) erythro Star (Serbia) 21:15

Barcelona (Spain) -Mpampergk (Germany)

RANKING (2 matches)

The N-B.

CSKA Moscow 2-0 4

Real Madrid 2-0 4

Armani Milan 2-0 4

Fenerbahce 2-0 4

Olympiakos 1-1 3

Barcelona 1-1 3

Panathinaikos 1-1 3

Bamberg 1-1 3