** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship, League 1 & 2, & Scotland > Oct 21-24

Well, just look at the amount of teams that are firm favourites at home in the Championship. Will they all come in? A few teams are wounded animals after the past couple of weeks. Aston Villa, Brentford, Bristol City, Newcastle, and Norwich all look worth their price. A couple of dodgy ones though with Sheffield Wednesday a bit inconsistent with their form and Reading taking on Rotherham after their manager has just been sacked.

League One is very tough to call this week. Sheffield United have to be backed with their current form even if it is a local derby with a decent Bradford side. Rochdale are also a generous price against a Coventry side in turmoil.

League Two is a bit better. I still think Portsmouth's price are obscene. This is a team that is 5th and 8 points off the top yet attracting prices that would suggest they haven't dropped a point this season. Crazy stuff.

Aston Villa v Fulham FC

Aston Villa: Albert Adomah (6/0 m, doubtful), Tommy Elphick (12/0 d, captain), Micah Richards (2/0 d), Jack Grealish (10/2 m, suspended), Ritchie de Laet (3/0 d), Libor Kozák (2/0 f)

Fulham FC: Tom Cairney (12/3 m, probably in), Floyd Ayité (6/0 m, doubtful), Tomas Kalas (8/0 d)

Brentford FC v Barnsley

Brentford FC: Alan McCormack (3/0 m, suspended by FA), Lasse Vibe (6/2 f), Callum Elder (6/0 m), Tom Field (0/0 m), Alan Judge (0/0 m, last season top scorer), Rico Henry (0/0 d)

Barnsley: Joshua Scowen (12/1 m, suspended), Aidan White (8/0 m), Saidy Janko (2/1 d), Stefan Payne (5/0 f), Sess D'Almeida (3/0 m)

Chesterfield v Scunthorpe Utd

Chesterfield: Paul McGinn (10/0 d), Ched Evans (8/4 f, top scorer), Kristian Dennis (11/3 f, 2nd top scorer)(all doubtful), Conor Wilkinson (7/4 f, top scorer), Tommy Lee (0/0 g), Ángel Martínez (0/0 m), Dan Jones (1/0 m)

Scunthorpe Utd: Luke Daniels (13/0 first goalkeeper, doubtful), Luke Williams (2/0 f), Jordan Clarke (9/1 d), Harry Toffolo (8/0 d)

Peterborough v AFC Wimbledon

Peterborough: Jermaine Anderson (7/0 m), Lee Angol (0/0 m, last season top scorer), Brad Inman (0/0 m)

AFC Wimbledon: George Oakley (0/0 f), Sean Kelly (5/0 d)(both doubtful), Paul Robinson (14/1 d, suspended)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Brentford v Barnsley

Brentford are unbeaten at home scoring 13 and conceding only 2. Barnsley lost 4 of their 6 away games including their last 2. I'm surprised the odds on Brentford are pushing evens, just doesn't make sense but happy to take them. The ratings have Brentford well clear, almost 2 goals superior based on the last 2 matches.

Brentford Win @ 1.93 BetVictor

Norwich v Preston

Norwich just score for fun, they're style of play is great to watch and Preston have their hands full tomorrow. Preston don't struggle to score themselves, especially in their last 2. The ratings have this as a potentially wide open game and a good few goals. The Over 2.5 looks overpriced.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.87 BetVictor

Sheffield Weds v QPR

Again the ratings have this marked down as "Goals". Both teams know where the net is and they both leak goals too. So the BTTS should be about 1.70? Nope, seems like the Betfair odds compiler has been on the grey goose again.

Both Teams To Score @ 1.95 Betfair

Millwall v Fleetwood Town

Millwall at odds on? Really? No thanks.

Lost their last 2 home games and won 1 of their last 5 at home. Odds on? Do me a favour.

Fleetwood have won 2 of their last 5 away and lost 3. On closer inspection they lost each of those by 1 goal and to decent teams. The ratings have them a goal superior and the odds on offer cannot be ignored.

Fleetwood Town Double Chance (Win or Draw) @ 1.95 Bet365

Oldham v Bristol Rovers

Oldham are a very average side based on their home ratings and do tend to be a better away side for sure. Won 1 of their 5 home games scoring 4 goals, not great.

Bristol Rovers have a young attack minded team and the ratings they get are consistently high. Lost one of their last 5 away, that coming at the hands of Sheffield Utd and only 1-0, a decent result in reality. Won 2 and drawn 2. I think they win this, but I'll take the safety bet as always.

Bristol Rovers Draw No Bet @ 1.75 BetVictor

That Sheffield Wednesday versus QPR game could be anything! Those two teams just need to settle down. I have to admit, I did expect both to be competing for the play-offs but it's hard to tell where they will end up. Wednesday have only lost one in their last five and QPR are unbeaten in five but they still have performances that make them a risk. I think BTTS is certainly the best bet to opt for if you want a return. I cannot call a winner.

@Kenton Schweppes, what do you think is looking decent this weekend?

Colchester v Morecambe

Colchester 1.75? Am I in a parallel universe? Won 2 of their last 5 and 1 of their last 4, losing 2. Morecambe have won 4 of their last 5 away matches, drawing the other, so unbeaten in their last 5 away matches and they are 5.00 to win @ Bet365 . :loon 

I can only assume all the odds compilers have had a few drinks early on in the week and had the fixtures upside down, which would mean Morecambe were at home and that would make more sense, as they're not great at home.

These odds are absolutely bonkers. I don't care if half their team has been struck down by cholera or they play their Under 12's, Morecambe are red hot away and Colchester are average at best.

Morecambe Double Chance (Win or Draw) @ 2.10 Bet365

1 hour ago, Paul Ross said:

Colchester v Morecambe

Colchester 1.75? Am I in a parallel universe? Won 2 of their last 5 and 1 of their last 4, losing 2. Morecambe have won 4 of their last 5 away matches, drawing the other, so unbeaten in their last 5 away matches and they are 5.00 to win @ Bet365 . :loon 

I can only assume all the odds compilers have had a few drinks early on in the week and had the fixtures upside down, which would mean Morecambe were at home and that would make more sense, as they're not great at home.

These odds are absolutely bonkers. I don't care if half their team has been struck down by cholera or they play their Under 12's, Morecambe are red hot away and Colchester are average at best.

Morecambe Double Chance (Win or Draw) @ 2.10 Bet365

Even when they were top of the league they were being offered at crazy prices were Morecambe.

On 20/10/2016, 17:00:55, StevieDay1983 said:

Well, just look at the amount of teams that are firm favourites at home in the Championship. Will they all come in? A few teams are wounded animals after the past couple of weeks. Aston Villa, Brentford, Bristol City, Newcastle, and Norwich all look worth their price. A couple of dodgy ones though with Sheffield Wednesday a bit inconsistent with their form and Reading taking on Rotherham after their manager has just been sacked.

League One is very tough to call this week. Sheffield United have to be backed with their current form even if it is a local derby with a decent Bradford side. Rochdale are also a generous price against a Coventry side in turmoil.

League Two is a bit better. I still think Portsmouth's price are obscene. This is a team that is 5th and 8 points off the top yet attracting prices that would suggest they haven't dropped a point this season. Crazy stuff.

We (Coventry) are not as bad as you might think. We are unbeaten in 12 home games in all competitions (stretching back to 29th March). We played quite well at home on Tuesday beating Oxford 2-1. Marvin Sordell is back among the goals and 19 year old Ben Stevenson looks a class act in centre midfield partnered by 2 form players in Chris McCann and Gael Bigirimana. Kyel Reid adds pace and drive to our left wing. Our 3-0 loss away at Charlton last Saturday was largely due to 3 errors by the same player!  Apart from that our away games have been tight games. We were comfortable away at Bradford winning 1-0 till we gave away a penalty in 65th minute which resulted in a red card. We collapsed after the sending off. Missed big chances at Fleetwood and lost 2-0 with 2 break away goals. Drew 1-1 at Milwall and beat Port Vale away who were 5 home wins out of 5 at the time.   

Massive problems off the pitch with protests against the owners, Sisu. But not as bad on the pitch performance wise. Fine margins. 

I like the look of Newcastle, Norwich and Villa in the championship. 

As much as it pains me say it but Derby 2/1 immediately stand out against my team Huddersfield. We've lost two on the spin now, we probably didn't deserve to lose to Wednesday but at Preston we were crap, utter crap. On paper Derby are a better team than us but we know it's not played on paper. To be honest, 2/1 on Derby is a massively good price.

Other stand out prices are Brighton at 13/10 up at Wigan. Bristol Rovers 13/8 up at Oldham, Rovers have picked up quite considerably in the last month or so, they record a 3-3 draw at MK Dons midweek and Plymouth 23/20 at Newport, I know Plymouth let us down last week but they've got to fancy their chances at struggling Newport today.

Brighton 13/8, Bristol Rovers 8/5 and Plymouth 11/10 treble pays just over 11/1. (although both Bristol Rovers and Plymouth have been reigned in a little.)

21 hours ago, Paul Ross said:

Brentford v Barnsley

Brentford are unbeaten at home scoring 13 and conceding only 2. Barnsley lost 4 of their 6 away games including their last 2. I'm surprised the odds on Brentford are pushing evens, just doesn't make sense but happy to take them. The ratings have Brentford well clear, almost 2 goals superior based on the last 2 matches.

Brentford Win @ 1.93 BetVictor

Norwich v Preston

Norwich just score for fun, they're style of play is great to watch and Preston have their hands full tomorrow. Preston don't struggle to score themselves, especially in their last 2. The ratings have this as a potentially wide open game and a good few goals. The Over 2.5 looks overpriced.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.87 BetVictor

Sheffield Weds v QPR

Again the ratings have this marked down as "Goals". Both teams know where the net is and they both leak goals too. So the BTTS should be about 1.70? Nope, seems like the Betfair odds compiler has been on the grey goose again.

Both Teams To Score @ 1.95 Betfair

:puke:puke 

6 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

As much as it pains me say it but Derby 2/1 immediately stand out against my team Huddersfield. We've lost two on the spin now, we probably didn't deserve to lose to Wednesday but at Preston we were crap, utter crap. On paper Derby are a better team than us but we know it's not played on paper. To be honest, 2/1 on Derby is a massively good price.

Other stand out prices are Brighton at 13/10 up at Wigan. Bristol Rovers 13/8 up at Oldham, Rovers have picked up quite considerably in the last month or so, they record a 3-3 draw at MK Dons midweek and Plymouth 23/20 at Newport, I know Plymouth let us down last week but they've got to fancy their chances at struggling Newport today.

Brighton 13/8, Bristol Rovers 8/5 and Plymouth 11/10 treble pays just over 11/1. (although both Bristol Rovers and Plymouth have been reigned in a little.)

Hope you had the treble! :loon:clap:clap 

17 hours ago, skyblues88 said:

We (Coventry) are not as bad as you might think. We are unbeaten in 12 home games in all competitions (stretching back to 29th March). We played quite well at home on Tuesday beating Oxford 2-1. Marvin Sordell is back among the goals and 19 year old Ben Stevenson looks a class act in centre midfield partnered by 2 form players in Chris McCann and Gael Bigirimana. Kyel Reid adds pace and drive to our left wing. Our 3-0 loss away at Charlton last Saturday was largely due to 3 errors by the same player!  Apart from that our away games have been tight games. We were comfortable away at Bradford winning 1-0 till we gave away a penalty in 65th minute which resulted in a red card. We collapsed after the sending off. Missed big chances at Fleetwood and lost 2-0 with 2 break away goals. Drew 1-1 at Milwall and beat Port Vale away who were 5 home wins out of 5 at the time.   

Massive problems off the pitch with protests against the owners, Sisu. But not as bad on the pitch performance wise. Fine margins. 

I like the look of Newcastle, Norwich and Villa in the championship. 

Another win despite all the protests, full marks to the players. :ok