** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Midweek > Oct 24-26

Rangers v St Johnstone

St Johnstone seem to be a much better team away from home and there's plenty to like about 1 loss in 5 away games. Ratings are way above average and indicate they could well cause an upset here.

I think Rangers may well have a bit of a hangover after the Old Firm match, so this backs it up even more for me.

St Johnstone +1 Asian Handicap @ 1.86 BetVictor

The EFL Cup is a dangerous one this week. It is at this stage where teams start to field stronger sides because they can smell the latter stages. I can see Hull, Norwich, Tottenham, and Newcastle all struggling to get results here as they prioritise other competitions. Would not be surprised to see Liverpool go all the way to the final again. Klopp loves a knockout cup! The three games on Wednesday are a complete mystery. Wouldn't be surprised to see three draws over 90 minutes there.

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

The EFL Cup is a dangerous one this week. It is at this stage where teams start to field stronger sides because they can smell the latter stages. I can see Hull, Norwich, Tottenham, and Newcastle all struggling to get results here as they prioritise other competitions. Would not be surprised to see Liverpool go all the way to the final again. Klopp loves a knockout cup! The three games on Wednesday are a complete mystery. Wouldn't be surprised to see three draws over 90 minutes there.

Yhhh EFL is tough to bet on. Liverpool is a good shout especially with the home advantage. You're right about the Wednesday games. Draws could well be the best way forward there. 

I'd go Newcastle to beat Preston. Even rotating slightly Newcastle should still have a strong enough squad. Arsenal to bounce back at home to Reading too. 

Arsenal v Reading FC

(Both coaches will make some changes.)

Arsenal: Santi Cazorla (8/2 m), Granit Xhaka (7/1 m, suspended), Chuba Akpom (0/0 f), Aaron Ramsey (1/0 m), Danny Welbeck (0/0 f), Per Mertesacker (0/0 d)

Reading FC: Stephen Quinn (7/0 m, doubtful), Deniss Rakels (2/0 f), Jake Cooper (1/0 d), Yakou Meïté (2/0 m)

Liverpool FC v Tottenham

(Both coaches will make some changes.)

Liverpool FC: Jordan Henderson (9/1 m, suspended), Mamadou Sakho (0/0 d), Joe Gomez (0/0 d), Oluwaseyi Ojo (0/0 m)

Tottenham: Moussa Sissoko (6/0 m, suspended), Toby Alderweireld (8/0 d), Harry Kane (5/2 f), Marcus Edwards (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Scottish Premier League: Hamilton - Aberdeen

Aberdeen have won six in a row in all competitions, a run which has taken them up to second in the SPL, they will be looking to stay there tonight, ahead of a home game with leaders Celtic at the weekend. Hamilton are in 10th place, which is where they finished last season and you suspect that if you offered that to them again, they would snatch your hand off for it and another year of survival. Teams have got used to the Tigerturf surface here now and Hamilton have won just 7 of 33 home SPL starts since January 1st 2015, they have been helped in that regard this season by an "easy" schedule so far and have yet to face one of the "big 4" at home. They have also lost their last four home midweek games, they entertain basement club Dundee on Saturday, that is the far more win-able fixture and in terms of staying in the SPL, the more important of this week's two games.

This is a great opportunity for the Dons to put some real pressure on Celtic , who played the Old Firm game on Sunday and a Champions League tie last midweek, they do not play until tomorrow and meet Aberdeen at lunchtime on Saturday, with the return game in Germany with BMG next Tuesday ! But all that will mean far less, if the visitors do not claim all three points this evening.

Aberdeen -1 ball 2.07 asian line/Sportmarket

from Clubgowi newsletter

2 hours ago, clubgowi said:

Scottish Premier League: Hamilton - Aberdeen

Aberdeen have won six in a row in all competitions, a run which has taken them up to second in the SPL, they will be looking to stay there tonight, ahead of a home game with leaders Celtic at the weekend. Hamilton are in 10th place, which is where they finished last season and you suspect that if you offered that to them again, they would snatch your hand off for it and another year of survival. Teams have got used to the Tigerturf surface here now and Hamilton have won just 7 of 33 home SPL starts since January 1st 2015, they have been helped in that regard this season by an "easy" schedule so far and have yet to face one of the "big 4" at home. They have also lost their last four home midweek games, they entertain basement club Dundee on Saturday, that is the far more win-able fixture and in terms of staying in the SPL, the more important of this week's two games.

This is a great opportunity for the Dons to put some real pressure on Celtic , who played the Old Firm game on Sunday and a Champions League tie last midweek, they do not play until tomorrow and meet Aberdeen at lunchtime on Saturday, with the return game in Germany with BMG next Tuesday ! But all that will mean far less, if the visitors do not claim all three points this evening.

Aberdeen -1 ball 2.07 asian line/Sportmarket

from Clubgowi newsletter

Aberdeen are my favourite SPL team (second favourite in Scotland after Alloa) so I am always glad to see them do well. I also feel they are a side that have a lot of potential and I think you're right here @clubgowi.

For me the cup games are a lottery.

I just don't know how you can judge things based on a second string outfit that most teams are playing.

The EPL is tricky enough, and that's normally the best starting 11 playing a highly motivated game. These cup games are a betting hand grenade.

I think United will beat City tonight, but Jose is baffling me with tactics and players. Surely time for Luke Shaw, Mikatarian and Carrick to be in a squad. Fellaini can grab some pine and stay on the bench for the rest of the season.

I just don't want to see Rashford playing left back, clearing balls and tracking back all game :)

On 10/23/2016, 4:17:57, Sir Puntalot said:

Partick are a better team than Dundee on everything I can see, but just not strong enough for me to get involved. I wouldn't put anyone off DC or Draw No Bet though.

On 10/23/2016, 4:25:00, Sir Puntalot said:

Rangers v St Johnstone

St Johnstone seem to be a much better team away from home and there's plenty to like about 1 loss in 5 away games. Ratings are way above average and indicate they could well cause an upset here.

I think Rangers may well have a bit of a hangover after the Old Firm match, so this backs it up even more for me.

St Johnstone +1 Asian Handicap @ 1.86 BetVictor

:nana:nana:beer 

On 10/24/2016, 10:22:56, skyblues88 said:

Yhhh EFL is tough to bet on. Liverpool is a good shout especially with the home advantage. You're right about the Wednesday games. Draws could well be the best way forward there. 

I'd go Newcastle to beat Preston. Even rotating slightly Newcastle should still have a strong enough squad. Arsenal to bounce back at home to Reading too. 

3/3 - nicely done. :ok