** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend Non-League and FA Cup 15th October

Darran

Braintree v Bromley

This is an all National League tie and the away side look a big price. I was surprised to see Jamie Day get the sack at Braintree because I don’t really see how they could expect to be doing much better than they currently. He had to rebuild the side and they just don’t have the money to spend to buy quality players. Hakan Hayrettin has come in as manager and he hasn’t exactly improved them with two defeats and a draw in his first three games. That point of course came against York last Saturday and it just emphasised how tough they are finding things this season. I backed both these sides to go down this season and although Bromley still might they are at least showing some sort of form, especially away from home. They have won three of their last five on their travels and the other two matches saw them get a point at Barrow and lost just 1-0 to league leaders Forest Green. Braintree have won just once at home all season and had lost their last 4 prior to the point against York. Marathon’s 9/4 about an away win is way too big a price.

Lincoln United v Spennymoor

Spennymoor were one of my winners last week and they look Nap material to make it through to the 1st Round. They only won 1-0 for us last week, but they followed that up with a 7-0 thrashing of Skelmersdale on Tuesday night. They travel to Lincoln United who are in the league below them. Due to their cup run they have only played 7 league games, but bar causing an upset when beating Nuneaton they have had to play teams from below them in the pyramid. That win at Nuneaton will have them believing they can cause another upset here, but Nuneaton weren’t in the best of form at the time and Spennymoor come into this game full of confidence. It is a great chance for them to get into the FA Cup 1st Round and are worth backing at Marathon’s 11/13.

Stamford v Wrexham

Just before I started writing this preview it was announced that Gary Mills had left his job as manager of Wrexham. Now it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise in the world if he went back to his former club York, but at the same time things weren’t really working out for him at Wrexham. They have little money to improve the side and it has been shown in plenty of matches this season that they are badly lacking a striker. They have only scored 11 goals in 15 league matches which emphasises the point. Now Stamford are in the same league as Lincoln United so it will clearly be a stiff ask for them, but at 19/2 (Marathon) they have to be worth a small play. They have beaten St Neots from the league above and Gresley, who are in the same division, in the FA Cup Qualifying Rounds so far. They clearly aren’t anything special, but with Wrexham struggling for goals this could well be a game where we see a huge upset, especially as the pressure will all be on Wrexham. The longer they go without scoring the worse it is going to get and it might just be a case of Stamford sneaking a goal to win the game.

FA Cup Treble

Just a treble for this round of the FA Cup which pays 9/4 with Bet365. Eastbourne aren’t in great form at the moment and have had two very easy ties to get to this stage and they have made heavy work of winning those matches as well. If we take out Aldershot’s 4-0 defeat to Forest Green then their home form has been superb and they should win this match. Brackley have a decent recent record in the FA Cup and they are having a pretty good season in the National League North. They look to have been given a great tie at Beaconsfield who have only won one league game in the Evo-Stik Southern League Division One Central. Egham are also in that league and although they are doing slightly better, they face a very good St Albans side who should have too much for them.

Tonbridge v Dartford.

Got to fancy Dartford for this one, after an indifferent start, they're unbeaten since August, they have won their last five away matches including a 5-0 thrashing of Truro last time out. Tonbridge, third in the Ryman Premier had an excellent start to the season, were unbeaten in their first eight league games, conceding only 4 goals. Following a hamstring injury to defensive lynchpin George Beavan, it's no coincidence that The Angels lost their next two matches, conceding 7 goals. Their main attacking thrust, Nick Wheeler was carried off in their last match at Cray, so must be extremely doubtful for tomorrow. There is no team news coming out of Tonbridge, but even Beavan & Wheeler were to make it for this one, I'd still be happy with odds of evens about Dartford. stanjames go 2.1.

I nearly added Eastleigh into my bet, but didn't in the end as North Leigh could give them something to worry and they have added a couple of youngsters to the squad so not sure if the best 11 will be playing. As for Stockport I would never bet against a team from Bishop's Auckland's league because it is such a strong league as much as Stockport should obviously win.

I like the look of addpeas write up on bromley so will be taking them at 11-5 bet365

Margate have got a few injuries from what I've read but after beating hemel last time out in the league 13-10 to win at ryman prem Harrow looks big to me so I'll have a few quid on them as well(bet365)

St albans minus 1 landed comfortably last round so I'll be doing the same bet at egham, will be well over evens I would imagine

Edited by bromsgrovegreen
mistake

1 hour ago, bromsgrovegreen said:

I like the look of addpeas write up on bromley so will be taking them at 11-5 bet365

Margate have got a few injuries from what I've read but after beating hemel last time out in the league 13-10 to win at ryman prem Harrow looks big to me so I'll have a few quid on them as well(bet365)

St albans minus 1 landed comfortably last round so I'll be doing the same bet at egham, will be well over evens I would imagine

Yeah, I agree about Bromley. Regarding Margate, injuries can sometimes have an opposite impact on things because fringe players are given a chance to shine. It can frequently see an improved performance so it's important to see who is coming in and what sort of players they are.

@addpea, I am also with you on the Wrexham game. The club is in a very vulnerable position right now and the next managerial appointment will make or break them in my eyes. I think the club has issues deeper than the manager though and without one at the helm they are a rudderless ship that could well get scuttled in a shock here. 

2 hours ago, bromsgrovegreen said:

Margate needed extra time on Tuesday to see off Hastings so not so I would be keen to back them to win away at a team in the league above especially if they have injuries.