** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

New to Football Betting

geek84

Good Morning Folks

I hope you're well and are very successful with your bettings!

I am completely new to online football betting and a lot of work colleagues often discuss the wins that they make (usually small e.g. £10, £20, £50 etc), and it sounds like a bit of fun.  I would like to be part of that fun and would be most grateful if you kind folks out there could provide me with any hints and tips of how to get started on online betting.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

On 10/9/2016, 9:35:26, geek84 said:

Good Morning Folks

I hope you're well and are very successful with your bettings!

I am completely new to online football betting and a lot of work colleagues often discuss the wins that they make (usually small e.g. £10, £20, £50 etc), and it sounds like a bit of fun.  I would like to be part of that fun and would be most grateful if you kind folks out there could provide me with any hints and tips of how to get started on online betting.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

:welcome to PL geek84 :ok 

There's numerous choices here http://www.punterslounge.com/free-bets (lots of new reviews coming soon) but if I could only have one bookmaker, it would be Bet365. They're the best for a reason and won't swamp you with all these enhanced offers because they don't need to.

You can join Bet365 by clicking here :ok 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would second Bet365 as the best bookmaker to start off with and they will double your first deposit up to £200 so it would be good if you can maximize this as its a one time only deal. They also give you a free £50 bet in play on some games from time to time.

As you are betting for a bit of fun I won't recommend that you have multiple bookies to get the best prices but if some day you decide to do that then use PayPal to move money easily between bookmakers. You can also take advantage of a few bookmakers signup bonuses to decrease your risk of betting with your own money.

Bankroll management is important i.e. You will go on a run of losing bets and you need to bet a small enough percentage of your betting funds so this bad run won't empty your account. Generally speaking if you are betting on football, usually at odds of close to evens then simply betting 5% of your betting funds is a solid approach.

When people are starting out they want to win a lot of money from a small amount bet (similar to the lottery) and this usually ends badly. If you really want to have a bit of fun and not deposit more than your initial deposit then your best chance of doing this is to bet singles (instead of accumulators).

More advanced topics involve calculating and finding value but that is a good bit in the future for you. For now just keep a record of all your bets and see where you are losing the most money and gradually eliminate these bets.

Good luck. Never bet what you are not willing to lose. There is no such thing as a sure thing.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to New to Football Betting