** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ELO & Form Ratings System / New Approach

LegendMon

51 minutes ago, ianis_banel said:

is somebody who can explain me how this system work?

the formula who you are using,the statistic...

I search on the forum but nothing

please help me because I want to calculate my self

ELO Ratings can be formulated differently by each person that has them and I'd be amazed if any are exactly the same.

We're looking at expanding PL's ELO Ratings coverage to cover a lot more leagues, including Scandinavia, Argentina, China SL and a good few more. Stay tuned. ;) 

On another note - ELO Ratings can never be a prediction model out and out. They should only ever be a guide, but certainly PL's ELO Ratings have been around for 20 years and never changed, which is also vital to their long term success.

• 5 months later...
On 01/03/2017 at 2:52 PM, LegendMon said:

Fell a little bit behind with fixtures recently due to work and holidays, but I think it's a good time to stop this project for now. It's almost the end of the season and that's always a bit of a minefield anyways. This has been an awesome learning experience and will take what I've learnt forward to whatever I do next.

Been an interesting journey!

Hi there, late to this post. I wonder if you've been comparing your percentage/rating against the bookies and only place bets on the ones different to what they predicted? 

Hi, @Frankthetank (love the name btw, 'Old School' reference?)

I can't recall the exact specifics, but you're correct: I was measuring the odds based on my system here before comparing them with the bookies odds - so I was always betting with "value" - or more accurately, what was perceived value from the way I setup my match percentage/ratings.

Hope that helps!

• 5 weeks later...