** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend Non-League 8th October

Darran

Putting it up now as I think the price will go, but Chester are a must bet at 6/5 with Hills who are also much bigger than other bookies. Chester in great form at the moment and only lost once at home all season. Torquay have only won once away and lost all others bar one. Torquay also have quite a few players missing through injury and suspension and Chester look a cracking price.

Chester v Torquay

I put this bet up on Wednesday because Hills were going 6/5 and I knew the price wouldn’t last. I was right about that, but I still think they are value at a current best price of 13/15 with Marathon. Chester are top of the last 6 game form table and they have not conceded a goal in that period. Their home form has been very strong with 5 wins and 2 defeats from their 7 games. Now as I mentioned in mid-week I wouldn’t get too carried away by the fact they beat Dover 5-0 because Dover’s keeper was injured and it clearly had an effect on the final score line. Even so it was a continuation of their good form. In my view the bookmakers have over reacted to Torquay beating Dagenham on Tuesday night. Dagenham played most of the game with 10 men which obviously didn’t help them. Torquay have lost 5 of their 7 away matches beating just Braintree and getting a draw at Gateshead last Saturday, scoring just 4 in the process. That wasn’t a bad result on the face of it, but it was more down to the fact Gateshead are rather goal shy at the moment and they should have won really. Torquay have a lengthy list of injuries and suspensions and only had 14 available men, but they have signed a couple of players on Friday so they should be able to name a full set of subs. Even at the current odds I think Chester rate as one of the best bets of the season so far.

Bishop Stortford v Whitehawk

The away side have been well backed already, but I think Coral’s even money just about offers a bit of value. Despite losing to Hemel in their last league game Whitehawk do look a different side under Richard Hill and I expect them to bounce back here. The home side have lost all 6 home league games and have just scored 1 in the process. Whitehawk have got a top 5 squad in my view and they really should beat a poor Stortford side.

Coalville v Spennymoor

Spennymoor were one of my ante-post tips for the Evo-Stik Northern Premier and they have made a good start to their season. They have also made the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup after a superb win over National League North side Chorley last Saturday. They travel to a Coalville side who had lost 5 games on the bounce prior to a 3-2 over Mickleover Sports. That was just their 2nd win of the season though and these two sides should be at very different ends of the table come April. Marathon’s even money looks big to me.

Skelmersdale v Warrington

Another side promoted last season look like a bet at BetVictor’s 11/10. Warrington are in good form having won 5 of their last 8 league games and losing just twice in that time. Their hosts on Saturday have won just one game all season and it would be surprising if they were to add to that tally here against a decent Warrington side.

My list is

lincoln(outstanding form which they can carry on),Darlington(worth to bet on,generous price and away form is really good),Maidenhead(tremendous form,not much to say about),Leiston(can overcome that opponent),Stourbridge(has been quite consistent) and finally Worthing(both teams not big difference between them,home form can be an advantage).