** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Comp- Wednesday Oct 5th

3.50 Towcester

Chic Theatre 9/4 Betfair / BetVic

Interesting little race here with three of the 5 runners vying for favouritism. Moonday Sun is just holding that spot at the minute but i like the chances of Chic Theatre from the David Pipe yard. He only had 3 starts over hurdles last season and looked a useful recruit when winning at Doncaster last February. He contested the Grade 3 EBF Final at Sandown on his last run and wasnt disgraced when 9th of 18 and led for most of the way. He looks as though he can improve on his mark of 120 and if he's fit on his comeback he will go very close.

Nottingham 4:30 Hanseatic @ 12/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Hanseatic....from Michael Easterby yard the 7yo has won three times from 1m to 1m 2f on good to firm and good to soft ground and on the all-weather , so they should be no problems with conditions today,

He last ran 20 days ago at Pontefract 10f good to firm when 3rd of 12 runners was held up on made move 3 out on inside before having to switch out inside final furlong and was running on with Nathan Evans claiming 5lbs in saddle ,

The young lad gets another chance and hopefully learn from his mistake not coming out sooner to make his bid to the finishing pole as he was only beaten by 1.25 lengths he also still gets the 5lb allowance

3.40 Lud - Miss Mobot - win at 5/2 bog wm hill

Mares handicap hurdle

On paper this looks a two horse race between the current favourite, Morning Herald, and my selection

Morning Herald looks the classier horse going forward, has won at the track and seems best going RH and has won on good to firm. So lot's going for her. She makes her seasonal reappearance but won after a long break in March. Her trainer has had a winner recently coming back from a break s can get them ready at home.

My horse has been in sparkling form in weak races winning her last 2 by a combined 50 plus lengths, making all and winning very easily

The question is.......can she get rid of a much better horse who might not be totally sharp on seasonal debut ?

I'm pinning my hopes on the fact that Morning Herald has been a bit of an iffy jumper up to now and my horse might get her out of her comfort zone by blasting off in front

If Morning Herald was 7/4 with my bookie as she is with several others I'd back both of them but she's only 6/4 at SJ and I have a minimum price of 7/4 for backing two horses in a race

7.50 Kempton: Amazour @ 20/1 Bet365

Taneen looks way to short in the betting given it's hard to know what to expect from him after a lay-off Some others at the top end of the market aren't necessarily trusted either. Amazour isn't rock solid either but a big price given he won a hot class 2 Handicap at Newcastle three starts back. Return to the AW should help his cause given he has been placed in all his three starts on sand. Slight worries about his hold-up style, he could easily get going when all is already done and dusted.