** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

La Liga > Oct 14th - 17th

laliga.jpg.6794982cbc0371236a19f7d4946a4

We have a bit of a wait before the next La Liga fixtures but here they are for your amusement. It's the usual 4-5 teams turning it on but it is surprising to see how they have all already drop a fair amount of points. Usually by this stage one or both of Barcelona and Real Madrid have close to a 100% record but they have both stuttered.

Three teams remain undefeated though and there is a strong chance that Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, and Villarreal could retain those records this week. Alaves to beat Malaga at 2.87 is the price that sticks out for me here. Las Palmas beating Espanyol at 2.20 is another one that tickles my fancy.

On 10/10/2016, 11:21:36, WinningAdvice said:

Bet on two things. An Atleti win and a Barcelona victory. If they disappoint me then I think I have to analyze if I have to continue betting.

Why Barcelona? they are having awful performances lately... I don't follow this league in deep but it is my impression from the news highlights.

Las Palmas –Espanyol

I paid my attention on how teams played before half-time break in this season.

Las Palmas:

a6a12c0afc2a.png

If to take out the brackets (corners are a point of view) match against Osasuna (the score was 1-12 on corners in favor of Las Palmas) we will see that hosts of the field takes dramatically little corners in first halves (less than 1 corner per a half).

Espanyol:

bb9ec34feb01.png

Players of  Espanyol also are not famous for big quantity of got corners in first half (on average 1.43 corners per a half).

Let’s look how showed themselves teams in first halves in similar matches:

0f4868614242.png

Las Palmas managed to take 3 and more corners at first half only 3 times for 11 matches and its individual total is 1.82.

593155b3dc31.png

Espanyol managed to take over 2 corners at first half only once for 8 matches at away and its individual total is 1.75.

Thus, we can make a conclusion that both teams take quite little corners at first halves. Using this information we can suppose that it will be from 0 to 4 corners in first half of their upcoming game. The odds for this bet are 1.616 at 1xBet.

2a5dca4a187b.png

On 13/10/2016, 09:13:45, pulsar12 said:

Messi could make a difference, but about your statement as they keep losing.... Yes I think it is possible they to keep losing unless something changes. The same way a bottom team can keep winning without losing, like Leicester past season.

I see your point @pulsar12. Losing can become a habit. However, I mentioned when they first lost Messi to injury that it would impact on their form and it has. I think when he returns they will get back to winning ways. I do think it shows how fragile they are now though. One player out and they go to pieces.

On another note, absolute shambles that El Clasico isn't available to watch in the UK due to it clashing with 3pm kick offs! That's for another chat when the games come around though!

Leganes v Sevilla (12pm KO Sat)

The only bet in La Liga for me this weekend, looks a tough weekend apart from the obvious plays.

These two teams probably couldn't score in a brothel (fully expecting a 4-4 draw now). They just have very little firepower in their respective home and away performances so far. I can't see anything but a low scoring affair with probably one team sneaking a win by the odd goal or 0-0.

Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.83 BetVictor

More here https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/football

Leganes – Sevilla 

The bet on guests win on corners in the match of Leganes and Sevilia looks not bad. Look at these tables:

d544520141c5.png

Hosts of the field don’t play very good: only one win on corners in 7 matches and dramatically low individual total – 2.57 corners per match.

a184bbe9f982.png

Sevillians, on contrary, look quite well in the beginning on the championship. In spite of the fact that things are going not very well at guests’ field like at home till now but Sevilia’s players can take more corners than their opponents in the match against Leganes. The odds on this match are 1.93 at 1xBet bookmaker.

7e36d8ec567d.png

For analysis were used data of the site http://corner-stats.com

Barcelona – Deportivo 

Undoubtedly, the Catalonians are favorites of this confrontation counting to attention also corners. Although bookies offer only 1.12 on Barcelona’s win on a match result. That’s why I recommend to pay attention on Barcelona’s win in first half on corners. The bookies offer for this much more – 1.34 odds.

Barcelona:

5c20b1035344.png

Barcelona not surprisingly won on corners most of its first halves in La League of this season and probably, the tendency will continue in the match against Deportivo.

Deportivo:

ac83c9c3f27d.png

Players of Deportivo look not too bad at all. However they managed to take only 4 corners for 3 first halves at away in this season. This is a dramatically low indicator. This statistic is not enough for the match with Barcelona to win on corners in first half.

Similar matches of Barcelona don’t promise also any positive result to Deportivo:

e2ee2d5d8be5.png

The stats is very explainable there: 13 wins on corners at 15 first halves. 
To bet on this outcome for the odds of 1.34 is a not bad idea, in my opinion. 

b46218b345ac.png

Atletico Madrid – Granada 

The Madrids take corners dramatically unstable in this season at La League from match to match:

ab3512d214ab.png

There are impressive 20 corners in first week and there is only 1 corner in the next home match. This is a roller coaster in Madrid way. Atletico players can cover handicap -17.5 corners and also can be defeated by Sporting. 

Granada, curiously enough, plays more stably:

205d2ce63cbf.png

It is worth paying attention to the fact that Granada took 6 or more corners in 5 matches out of 7. And indeed individual total corners is 5.43 per game what is pretty good for the worst team of the championship.

There are also some hopeful moments for Granada in similar matches:

306499e22089.png

The last h2h also make guest to be on optimistic mood:

32ca3dc01dfb.png

Two wins and two defeats with the difference of 2 corners are not the worst thing that could happen in matches of one of the favorites and one of the outsiders of the championship.

Therefore, you can try to look at the Granada win on corners in this game, taking into count the handicap. If Athletics Madrid will not make another super match with a lot of corners, Granada is quite capable to win considering the handicap +5 on corners. The odds on the outcome are 1.75 at 1xBet.

0e593423b631.png

Betis - Real Madrid 

The Royal Club arrives as guest team to Betis. There is an obvious favorite. This is also concern of winner on corners. First of all let's look at the history of h2hs:

4da58c6af73a.png

Everything is quite eloquent as far as at home and away because mostly Real beats Betis on corners. And in recent games players of Galaktikos did it very confidently.

So how they started this season at La Liga?

b126ee2236d4.png

They started very well, having managed to take 17 corners in the match against Villarreal.

Betis has much more worse situation with corners:

780ed196375d.png

The team has not lost any match on corners at home yet, but also rivals of Real Madrid level have not gone to it yet.

We see quite an interesting picture in last similar away matches of Real:

c010b3faf56b.png

There are 9 wins of 10 matches and any match where the Madrids has taken under 5 corners.

Thus, the bet on the victory of Real Madrid on corners seems to be good enough. The odds for this match - 1.35 at 1xBet.

a241760d4005.png

• 2 weeks later...