** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League > Oct 15th - 17th

epl.jpg.856960d094a56181500b17e0a1e01192

Here is a look at the next round of Premier League fixtures. We have a while to wait before these with the international break up this week but there are a few fascinating ties with Chelsea versus Leicester, Manchester City versus Everton, and Liverpool versus Manchester United standing out.

On 06/10/2016, 13:36:33, WinningAdvice said:

Anyone betting for another Man City upset? :cow

It seems that without Kevin De Bruyne they really are not the same team. It seems he is the Messi of their side and they do not quite function in the right way without him. I really fancy Everton against anyone right now.

20 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

I think there will be a lot of draws this week, just a funny feeling.

Yes, I agree. I think out of the 10 matches there I can see at least 5 that I am favouring as draws.

2 hours ago, Rusian said:

I'm sure that Liverpool will win in the biggest derby of Premier League. Man UTD played badly in past month, and Liverpool is in awesome form. Do you agree?

Personally, I stay well clear of Liverpool results under Klopp. They are shit or bust these days. I wouldn't be surprised if Man United steal the win.

On 10/7/2016, 4:56:15, StevieDay1983 said:

It seems that without Kevin De Bruyne they really are not the same team. It seems he is the Messi of their side and they do not quite function in the right way without him. I really fancy Everton against anyone right now.

Yes, I agree. I think out of the 10 matches there I can see at least 5 that I am favouring as draws.

Hi Punters! Draws are hard events to predict. I have been experimenting on a sure draw system that so far is promising (sorry,can't reveal how it works). I will be posting 2 to 3 draws on major European matches every weekend,where I think my system is correct as often as is possible. Draws almost always have HIGH odds...My prototype system currently has a success rate of 70%.

Hello to everyone.

I am new here. Will give couple of prediction for each round of Premier league regarding Over/Under type. I ll try to predict most of the games with higher odds than 1.85

Stoke - Sunderland - Over 2.5 ; Odd 2.0

West Bromwich - Tottenham - Over 2.5 ; Odd 2.05

Crystal Palace - West Ham - Over 2.5; Odd 1.86

Liverpool - Man.utd - Over 2.5 ; Odd 1.75

It seems to me that this could be round with many goals. 

I have a funny feeling Liverpool are going to win 3-0, 4-0, something like that. I think Watford will beat Middlesbrough, and Stoke, Chelsea and Bournemouth should win, but like others have mentioned all the rest are a bit iffy and could be a fair few 1-1's...
Usually will go for a few over 2.5's and Liverpool, Watford and the Chelsea game I would say have decent chances.
I would avoid the Arsenal game, always dodgy when a new manager has his first game, it might happen in this one.

14 hours ago, capri said:

I have a funny feeling Liverpool are going to win 3-0, 4-0, something like that. I think Watford will beat Middlesbrough, and Stoke, Chelsea and Bournemouth should win, but like others have mentioned all the rest are a bit iffy and could be a fair few 1-1's...
Usually will go for a few over 2.5's and Liverpool, Watford and the Chelsea game I would say have decent chances.
I would avoid the Arsenal game, always dodgy when a new manager has his first game, it might happen in this one.

Capri, this is what I mean about Liverpool. They are just as likely to win 3-0 or 4-0 as they are to lose by the same score. I am just steering clear of them right now. The Chelsea game is now a spanner in the works after the controversy over Conte's future. I don't care what the club said, something happened. Bookies don't just suspend betting like that on a rumour.

Regarding an over 2.5 goals accumulator I would certainly go for Manchester City versus Everton, Bournemouth versus Hull, and Crystal Palace versus West Ham. Possibly Chelsea versus Leicester as well.

Re: Conte - could just be a bad rumour that sparked a bunch of people to follow a couple of lone wolves and nothing more. I've seen it before.

Anyone fancy Spurs this week? Was also gonna go on Southampton but they've got loads of injured players after the internationals, including Shane long.

WBA v Spurs

Spurs are red hot on the ratings but at 1.70ish, that's probably about right and just typical of how difficult it is to sport overpriced markets in the top leagues across Europe.

West Brom's ratings are pretty decent and I'd be surprised if they couldn't nick a goal and give Spurs a little fright, before eventually losing. Didn't expect to get odds against.

Both Teams To Score @ 2.00 Betfair

More here https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/football

Manchester City v Everton FC

Manchester City: Kevin de Bruyne (6/2 m, probably in), Fabian Delph (2/0 m), Vincent Kompany (0/0 d, captain)(both doubtful), Yaya Touré (0/0 m), Bacary Sagna (4/0 d)

Everton FC: James McCarthy (2/0 m), Aaron Lennon (1/0 m)(both doubtful), Muhamed Bešić (0/0 d), Tyias Browning (0/0 d), Matthew Pennington (0/0 d)

Stoke City v Sunderland

Stoke City: Joe Allen (7/2 m, doubtful), Glen Johnson (3/0 d), Jack Butland (0/0 g), Stephen Ireland (0/0 m), Ibrahim Afellay (0/0 m)

Sunderland: Steven Pienaar (4/0 m), Lamine Kone (6/0 d)(both doubtful), Jan Kirchhoff (4/0 d), Jason Denayer (3/0 d), Adnan Januzaj (6/0 m), Lee Cattermole (2/0 m), Fabio Borini (2/0 f), Vito Mannone (2/0 first goalkeeper), Sebastian Larsson (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

bet of the week imo now Stoke -1 and -2 - look at subderlands injuries -

Sunderland: Steven Pienaar (4/0 m), Lamine Kone (6/0 d)(both doubtful), Jan Kirchhoff (4/0 d), Jason Denayer (3/0 d), Adnan Januzaj (6/0 m), Lee Cattermole (2/0 m), Fabio Borini (2/0 f), Vito Mannone (2/0 first goalkeeper), Sebastian Larsson (0/0 m)

Moyes will play youth and at home Stoke should hammer them.

Just looking at 4 different viewpoints for the upcoming weeks games. Lawrenson (bbc), Merson (Sky) , Ian Wright (from TV football today) and myself.

All four have gone for an Arsenal win against Swansea. 2-0 being the most popular predicted scoreline. In this game I think the NO BTTS will also be a winner, and probably the Arsenal to win to NIL.

Bournemouth also have a 4 of 4 predicting a win for them. They drew last game out but hit the woodwork 3 times, scoring 2 goals as well.

Spurs to win away at WBA also had a 4-0 pundits sweep. WBA to fail to score in all 4 selections. Southampton also expected to win. All 4 going for the home win here.

Looking at the Liverpool v Man United game you need to understand two things.

1) Teams are not as bad as people think they are, and on the flip side, not as good as you think they are. This is especially true in a low scoring sport like soccer. Realistically Stoke should have been buried by HT against United. They have 1 half decent attack, the keeper saves it, it bounces off the cross bar and falls at a Stoke players feet. Pogba misses a sitter late in the game as the ball crashes (again) into the cross bar. 

2) In sport there is a fair element of luck involved. Penalties that are not given, offside decisions that are wrong, shots that hit the bar and stay out, deflections that score goals, strikers that miss from 5 yards out, general weird stuff that is totally unplanned. And this is magnified in soccer because scoring goals is so difficult ! 

Man United just have such a good record against Liverpool in the League. They have beaten them 7 times in 9 games. In my opinion United will get better and better this season. Small adjustments like Rashford starting, Herrera instead of Fellaini in midfield (a much smarter, technically better player), Rooney on the bench, Pogba not trying to do too much, a fit Luke Shaw and Mikatarian will make a big difference. They have HUGE scope for improvement ... how much better can Liverpool play ? I'm not sure. Maybe they could get a replacement for Moreno ...  Eventually the high tempo, high press, high work rate takes it's toll. Injuries and burnout happen, so it's almost like Klopp needs a perfect balance between that game, and a more energy conserving approach... It's may work in the Bundesliga, with a winter break, but players could be flat/outta gas in early January in the EPL...

The key to United's game is to beat the high press. They know what Liverpool are about, and would have been working on beating the press for a week at least. I expect them to have a game plan that will do this, and this is going to create a very open game, with goals. Expecting a Liverpool easy win here is a mistake.

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

Just looking at 4 different viewpoints for the upcoming weeks games. Lawrenson (bbc), Merson (Sky) , Ian Wright (from TV football today) and myself.

All four have gone for an Arsenal win against Swansea. 2-0 being the most popular predicted scoreline. In this game I think the NO BTTS will also be a winner, and probably the Arsenal to win to NIL.

Bournemouth also have a 4 of 4 predicting a win for them. They drew last game out but hit the woodwork 3 times, scoring 2 goals as well.

Spurs to win away at WBA also had a 4-0 pundits sweep. WBA to fail to score in all 4 selections. Southampton also expected to win. All 4 going for the home win here.

Looking at the Liverpool v Man United game you need to understand two things.

1) Teams are not as bad as people think they are, and on the flip side, not as good as you think they are. This is especially true in a low scoring sport like soccer. Realistically Stoke should have been buried by HT against United. They have 1 half decent attack, the keeper saves it, it bounces off the cross bar and falls at a Stoke players feet. Pogba misses a sitter late in the game as the ball crashes (again) into the cross bar. 

2) In sport there is a fair element of luck involved. Penalties that are not given, offside decisions that are wrong, shots that hit the bar and stay out, deflections that score goals, strikers that miss from 5 yards out, general weird stuff that is totally unplanned. And this is magnified in soccer because scoring goals is so difficult ! 

Man United just have such a good record against Liverpool in the League. They have beaten them 7 times in 9 games. In my opinion United will get better and better this season. Small adjustments like Rashford starting, Herrera instead of Fellaini in midfield (a much smarter, technically better player), Rooney on the bench, Pogba not trying to do too much, a fit Luke Shaw and Mikatarian will make a big difference. They have HUGE scope for improvement ... how much better can Liverpool play ? I'm not sure. Maybe they could get a replacement for Moreno ...  Eventually the high tempo, high press, high work rate takes it's toll. Injuries and burnout happen, so it's almost like Klopp needs a perfect balance between that game, and a more energy conserving approach... It's may work in the Bundesliga, with a winter break, but players could be flat/outta gas in early January in the EPL...

The key to United's game is to beat the high press. They know what Liverpool are about, and would have been working on beating the press for a week at least. I expect them to have a game plan that will do this, and this is going to create a very open game, with goals. Expecting a Liverpool easy win here is a mistake.

The Arsenal game could be anything! We've seen how Arsenal have come undone against a newly managed side at home before but we've also seen how they can rip a team to shreds if the team isn't organised. I think if Bob Bradley had been appointed in the summer he might have had time to set up as he wanted but making the managerial change now with Arsenal as the next game is a nightmare and I agree that I think Arsenal to win to nil is a likely outcome.

Bournemouth always have a top drawer performance in them and we've not seen that fully yet. They did well to beat Everton but I still think they have more in the locker. Great to see Callum Wilson back firing. Got a lot of time for that guy. I'm putting a couple of quid on him as an anytime scorer.

I've gone for a 1-0 win for Tottenham against West Brom. I think West Brom have a very dangerous attack in Rondon and Berahino but they don't have the creativity in midfield to maximise its potential. Chadli was a great signing but after that they are lacking. I'm sorry but the likes of McClean, Morrison, Phillips etc are not stand-out Premier League quality. So another Tottenham to win to nil bet will be considered here.

The Liverpool versus Manchester United game is an intriguing one. It could be season-defining for both. If Mourinho loses then it is one win in the last five league games with them potentially dropping to 8th in the table with a host of teams creeping up behind them. Ibrahimovic could be key here. Liverpool's weakness at set pieces will be fully tested and that will be where the game could be won and lost.

On 10/14/2016, 12:39:35, capri said:

good tips there mate :), I actually did a multiple on "Stoke, Chelsea and Bournemouth", and simple bets for watford & liverpool -1,5. Multipe and watford is already won, lets see tomorrow.