** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Comp- Sunday Oct 2nd

Simply Ned 15/8 Betfair

When i saw Kelso was on my first thought was to look for any Nicky Richards horses. Well he runs Simply Ned, his highest rated horse in his yard so i cant ignore his chances in this company. He has a lot of weight to give away but i still thought he'd be the favourite so i think he is decent value at around 7/4 - 15/8. Theflyingportrait is the fav who will blast off in front but faces his stiffest task to date by far.

3.55 Tipp - Penhill - win at 10/11 bog wm hill

Grade 3 novice hurdle

I like looking at the better class novice hurdles and chases in the early season.......see if I can spot a Cheltenham winner !

:D

All the best jumps races are in Ireland on Sunday and I'm going for a short priced favourite from the Mullins yard. He slammed the second favourite by 7L last time out and the 2 mile trip looks too short for that one to pose any danger of reversing places. Just to add some piquancy the 2nd Fav is one of the horses removed from Mullins by Gigginstown last week and is now in the hands of Joseph O'Brien.

Dermot Weld's Timiyan might be the main danger

Huntington 4.20 The Kvilleken @ 15/2 betvictor win thanks

The Kvilleken.........from Martin Keighley yard the 8yo been successful in two hurdle races at 2m 1f and 2m 3f on good to firm and good ground but in 7 races this year he's not found a win although placed in 5 of those races ,

He comes to this track for the first time and comes here after running 14 days ago at Uttoxeter over 2m good in a chase race when 3rd beaten 8.25 lengths , the yard revert him back to Hurdles where he was 2nd two races back at Stratford 2m 70y good in a Amateur Riders' Handicap Hurdle with Mrs Claire Hardwick in saddle ,

The bring Andrew Tinkler back in saddle who was jockey on those wins

3.05 Chantilly: Harzand @ 8/1 Betfred

8/1 for Harzand is a criminal price. On the back of one poor performance, where we know there are valid excuses, bookies are happy to lay him. I imagine the return to 12f will be very much to his liking, the ground isn’t a problem, he’s a good draw and is a three year old with a handy weight for age allowance – if Smullen doesn’t drop too far off the pace, which I see as a slight danger to happen – Harzand will be a tough challenger in the finish.