** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

1K free bet

andrewcalo

Basically - 

I am currently in the USA and have been for a while. I recently had my account with a betting website suspended after they found this out, as the USA is a "restricted territory" and betting from here isn't allowed - I have been circumventing this by disguising my IP, on the previous advice of an employee from this betting company.

Anyway, I recently told this betting company that it was their employee who advised me to do this, and that I had another account with them. This was after they honoured bets in my now suspended account, which were made from the USA - and these bets won me about 2K.

These are the two messages they have recently sent as part of larger emails -

"I would also like to advise you that we do accept business from a restricted territory, if you open another account and hide that you are in a restricted territory to place bets. Your transactions will be void and your deposits will be returned to you, whether these are winners or losers. Receipt of this email is our understanding that you are fully aware of the repercussions should you continue to access our site from a restricted territory."

Transactions are basically money deposited, bets placed, and successful bets paid back into my account balance.

And then -

"Your account has been closed. If any further accounts are opened and bets placed whilst in a restricted territory, once these are detected all bets will be void - win or lose, and your deposits returned."

Based on these messages, I have been betting based on the reading that when they discover this other account info, whether from me or on their own, all bets will be voided, and it will be treated as if nothing has happened, and I will be refunded all deposits - both current unsettled bets and old settled bets.

Basically, I believe I can keep placing these bets as if risk-free, because whilst I am in the USA, they are now obligated to refund them when they find out anyway.

Fair?

I don't quite understand this.  Surely this:......  "I would also like to advise you that we do accept business from a restricted territory "     ...contradicts this:...... "Your account has been closed. If any further accounts are opened and bets placed whilst in a restricted territory, once these are detected all bets will be void - win or lose, and your deposits returned."

Are they claiming that you can keep betting with them or not?   Have you been able to make withdrawals, from your account?   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why risk £1,000?

Do you know of anyone else that successfully did this? I can't find any information about this online. I imagine if this was actually happening the bookmakers would be refunding huge amounts of money. People could basically win tens of thousands risk free annually - each. This would result in multi-million losses per bookmaker...

Edited by Division